Week #14 of CFB

Yanks27Sox9

CTG Partner
2007:
CFB ATS: 77-73-5, -1.225 units
CFB ML: 2-3, -0.708 units
CFB O/U: 27-25-0, +0.000 units (yep, dead even here)
------------------------------
CFB Total/YTD: 106-101-5, -1.933 units

Bring on the bowls. Please!
I've been crawling back over the last few weeks, from the brutality of the middle of this season, yet i just can't break completely through...and make it back onto the plus side for the year. And it's pissing me off to no end.
In any case, it's the final week to pull it off...yet it's a crappy, small card to do much of anything with. Doesn't mean i'm not going to try, cuz i definitely am...just means i'm looking forward to bowl season all the more. But anyways, here's what i've got going/played for the final week of the cfb season. We'll see how it finishes...

Thursday, 11/29

Rutgers (+2.5) over Louisville (-110) for 1.5 units
Rutgers ML (+125) for 1 unit

Saturday, 12/1

UCLA/USC over 46.5 (-110) for 1 unit

Arizona/Arizona St under 58 (-110) for 1 unit

Washington (+14) over Hawaii (-110) for 1.5 units

Boston College (+4.5) over Virginia Tech (-110) for 1.5 units

Missouri (+3) over Oklahoma (-110) for 1.5 units

Might add some more over the remainder of the week, as i'm still looking and capping...and watching movements, of course. And i'll be back in a few with some thoughts/reasonings on these plays as well.

Happy capping. And BOL this final week. :cheers:

Last edited:
and in further news, yanks trying to get santana....the rich will get richer.

jk bro..gl this week.

some quick thoughts on these plays, as i'm gonna get some sleep soon.

Rutgers
I actually made Ville a 2 pt fav here...not that my rankings mean much. But in any case, regardless of that, i love Rutgers in this spot. Even with a win, Louisville won't go bowling. And more importantly, they seem to have given up on the season. On the other side, Rutgers won't be giving up on anything yet. And Rice should have no problems running all over this Cardinal defense. Rutgers also has the pass defense to limit Brohm and the Louisville offense. Gotta luv the mid week games!

UCLA/USC over
More later...but SC will be throwing up a 40-spot in this one. And it'll be a much more "open" game than last year's upset. I have a 45-21 prediction...assuming Olsen worked off some of the rust, and that the Bruins will get a special teams score. Also, in the last two of these played at the Colisseum, SC's put up 66 and 47 respectively.

Arizona/Arizona St under
More later on this one too...but predicting a 27-20 type win for the Sun Devils. BTW...Carpenter is a man. Couldn't believe he finished the SC game on his feet. The fact he did, impressed the shit outta me. Anyways, the total in this matchup has only exceeded this 58 # once this decade.

Washington
Hopefully UW doesn't mail this one in as a vacation, cuz this IS their bowl game...if Ty can get his squad to buy into that. Also, see HG's thread. Not sure what side he's on, but there's some good info in there...especially in terms of strength of schedule. But this all hinges on UW showing up to play. If they do, they have the offense to hang in this game. (on a side note, i'd love to see them win...jsut so finally hawaii gets that loss they escaped in san jose.) UW's pass defense though is highly suspect...well, their entire defense is suspect. But if they do indeed show up to play on saturday...this is a team that hung with Ohio St for a half, Oregon for more than that, and USC for an entire game.

BC
I was on VT eariler this year, in that 14-10 moose job. So after that, why switch sides? Especially when VT has been playing great of late, and BC has not? Partly because i made this game a pickem, and i'm getting 4.5 pts in what should be a tight game. Partly because that VT play i made weeks ago was in large part because of the weather...which i expected to slow the BC offense down. And it did, for almost the whole game. (it also stopped raining by the time BC made their comeback.) Anyways, i'm not buying the VT revenge angle all that much. I know it'll be there, just not buying it'll play as much of a role. What i am buying is that we've got 2 very good defenses matched up...and one offensive group that's more talented than the other offensive group. BC can stop the run..and the arms on these VT QBs don't worry me. So as long as Ryan isn't throwing picks, and the weather's not playing a significant role, i think BC also wins the rematch.

Missouri
Made the Sooners a 1 pt fav here...but i'm on Mizzou, jsut the same. Many reasons. One is rooting interest. I wanna see a Mizzou/WVU shootout for the NC game. And i want USC to get tOSU in the Rose Bowl. (More on that later, as i won't get ahead of myself too much now.)
However, there are more important/relevant factors than what i want. For example, like i said betting on Texas Tech a couple weeks ago...you get Oklahoma out of Norman, and they are very ordinary. (See that TT game, or the Iowa St game, or the Colorado game, and maybe even the Texas game.) Hell, even Tulsa proved that the Sooner's weakness was their pass defense.
Sure, we all know Oklahoma beat Mizzou (at Norman) earlier this season. But again, that was in Norman. Also...Mizzou had the lead 24-23 after 3 quarters...don't forget that! And if Chase/Mizzou takes care of the ball a bit better...INTs and the fumble return for a OU TD...the game doesn't get outta hand in the 4th Q.
Anyways, Mizzou is playing great...and that final score of the Kansas game is misleading, as they dominated the game. They are almost completely healthy, missing only 1 starter i believe. And they get a chance at revenge, on a neutral field. The Sooners are a bit more dinged up. Bradford's prolly just a good shot away from another concussion...but they'll definitely be w/out Murray at RB, more importantly.

Anyhow, that's enough for tonight. I'm beat...and rambling.
But i'll be happy to debate/discuss these games more over the course of the week. I'm sure they're be one or two unpopular plays here, lol.

Lastly, did i mention that USC would wax tOSU if they meet in the Rose Bowl. Team speed and athleticism...pretty much resulting in the same thing that happened to tOSU, or even Michigan, in last year's bowl games. Please...gimme that Mizzou/WVU NC game!!! It's the best possible alternative we're left with at this point.

Initially, the only one that I don't like is the BC play...GL with the plays bro!

Mags/Pags :cheers:

Horses...lol.

Anyways, back to add the Rutgers ML. :tiphat:

Already had Rutgers plus the points in this one from before. ML added just a few minutes ago.

Sure, Brohm and the rest of the seniors don't want to go out on a losing note. And sure, this is a big home game...in an otherwise forgetful season. But it won't be enough...
Reading blogs and shit...there seem to be as many Louisville fans talking about bringing signs saying "Kan Coach K" etc as there are talking about "Black out the Scarlet Knights." The HC is rumored for SMU, the HC is rumored to have lost most of his team, and many of the Cardinal players look to have basically given up on the season.

Louisville, even w/ a win, isn't going bowling. There are already 5 Big East teams above them that are.
Sure, Rutgers is basically set in their bowl...and have little other than pride to play for...but considering everything, and the HCs, i'm betting Rutgers is the team that shows up to play tonight.

Rice will run wild. The QBs thumb is ok. And Rutgers has the #2 pass defense in the country to limit Brohm and his receivers.
Senior day (for Louisville and Brohm) will be as forgettable as this entire season has been for them.

add

Cal-Stanford U51.5 -110 (1 unit)

Yanks also played the CUSA Championship game but I got to posting it late..

gl gents

Nice so far with UCF Yanks..qtr to go but they are playing solid..much better on defense this half

Final '07 #'s:

2007:
CFB ATS: 79-76-5, -3.675 units

CFB ML: 2-4, -1.708 units
CFB O/U: 29-26-0, +0.900 units
------------------------------
CFB Total/YTD: 110-106-5, -4.483 units

:hang:

Fucked up season, to say the least.
But the gotdamned icing on the cake was Rutgers on thursday nite. What an incredible ass-raping, moose job, horribly bad beat! If the Scarlet Knights don't choke in the 4th, and semi-hold an 18 pt lead for once...i'd have at least finished on the plus side for the season.
Despite all the mid-season craziness...i had scratched and clawed my way back, week by week. Yet that thurs nite game ( a 5+ unit swing) made it impossible to accomplish...to finally get over the top, and back on the positive side of things.
Oh well...it's over and done w/ now. And hopefully i'll be able to find some solace in the bowls. Just a shame to put so much time and effort into this CFB season, only to wind up down for the year. Very demotivating and demoralizing...

Anyways, jsut bumping to total out my season.
Onto the bowls...:tiphat:

Back