Week #14 of CFB (11/25-11/29)

Yanks27Sox9

CTG Partner
'08 YTD: 97-85-5, +4.62 units

Well, there's only two weeks of the season remaining...then we go bowling. Can't wait! But in the meantime, i'd like to make the most of the two weeks we have left. I'm coming off a pretty strong week thirteen...especially considering that i got my ass handed to me by playing Texas Tech on the side and on the money line.
Anyways, i got a very early start (for me) on the new week. Was around as the lines came out, and immediately jumped on 4 games...then came back in the late evening, and ended up playing 5 more games. So it's almost a full card...and it's only Sunday night, lol. But even though i've edited this initital post...everything is detailed below in Post #6...in terms of when/how i played these 9 games...along with very brief reasonings behind them. So it's on to Week 14...

Tuesday, 11/25

- no play -

Thursday, 11/27

Texas (-33.5) over Texas A&M (-110) for a 1/2 unit W
Texas TT over 51 (-115) for 1 unit L

Friday, 11/28

Boise St (-17) over Fresno St (-110) for 1.5 units

W Virginia (-2.5) over Pittsburgh (-110) for 1 unit

Nebraska (-16) over Colorado (-110) for 1 unit

Akron/Temple over 57.5 (-110) for 1 unit

UTEP (+5.5) over E Carolina (-110) for 1 unit

UCLA/Arizona St under 45 (-110) for 1 unit

Ohio (+4.5) to Buffalo (-3) for 1 unit to win 1

Saturday, 11/29

Nevada (-3) over Louisiana Tech (-110) for 1 unit

USC (-28) over Notre Dame (-110) for 1 unit

Oregon St (-3) over Oregon (-105) for 1 unit

Oklahoma St (+7.5) over Oklahoma (-110) for 1 unit

Georgia Tech (+8.5) over Georgia (-110) for 1 unit

Texas Tech (-20) over Baylor (-110) for 1 unit

NCST (+1.5) over Miami (-110) for 1 unit

Memphis (-13.5) over Tulane (-110) for 1 unit

Rice (+3.5) over Houston (-110) for 1 unit

As always...more to come over the remainder of the week. A few more additions are likely...and i'll try my best to get more in depth regarding these games/plays. But again...the quick version is already detailed in Post #6, as well as throughout this thread.
But it's definitely one of the quickest starts i've ever had to a week of football. Kind of left feeling that i'm just about done for the week on a Sunday night...when i'm typically just getting started on things at this time. Oh well...just hope it all works out. Doesn't matter how you get there...only that you do.

GL2U all :tiphat:

Last edited:
well, that's it for now. not much going on...at least after the initial line movements.

there's more i like...but hoping/thinking the lines can move in my favor over the course of the week.

as for the 4 i jumped on today...
boise's already up to 19 pts now, so obviously it wasn't going to get better than hitting 17 right outta the gate.
both w virginia (-2.5) and nevada (-3) aren't going to get any better than what i got them at. wvu's at 3 now, and nevada's at 3.5 now. if anything, i'd expect those lines to only go up...though not by much.
and i wasn't going to get better than a flat 28 pts on usc. it's at 28.5 now...and should basically sit in that area all week, imo. somewhere just north of 4 tds...unless the domers get psychotic, and decide to bring it back.

anyhow, be back later. spent enough of the afternoon on this already.

Warms my heart to see you on the wolfpack.

gl this week.

do lean the other way on the west virginia game which is good news for you since i get their games wrong so often.

'08 YTD: 97-85-5, +4.62 units

Will update shit later. Was waiting on BM for the lines, so posting them as i'm playing them.

Boise St (-17) for 1.5 units
played it the minute they popped up. already up to 18.5 pts. shocked, as the lv opener was 20. fresno st defense blows.

W Virginia (-2.5) for 1 unit
my second play. big time revenge angle. and they've been very good since pat white returned healthy.

Nevada (-3) for 1 unit

the third thing i jumped on. think nevada's offense has their way again, after winning by more than 30 ly.

USC (-28) for 1 unit
my 4th play. line was too high, but couldn't resist. usc needs style pts...nd lost to syracuse, lmao...and they beat em 38-0 LY at ND.

more to come...:tiphat:

quoting this, only because i'm gonna be editing the 1st post to the thread...so only the plays will be there, w/out the other stuff. (so saving the rest here.)

anyways, i went off again earlier tonight. added 5 more plays as i was eating a late dinner...which brings my card to 9 games already...and it's only fukin sunday nite. (yikes)

but i'll go thru the 5 adds now...

Oregon St (-3) @ -105 for 1 unit
momentum...they got it. zona was the tricky road hurdle, and they escaped. just 1 more win to the rose bowl. (hope they get it too. let the beavs play psu in that...and gimme usc vs the bama/florida loser in a better bowl to watch.) anyways, besides the beavs upset LY...the home team always wins SU in this series. ducks run the ball...pound the ball...but the beavs defense has been great again this year, and they should match up well. ducks can't defend the pass...and this will be their undoing, against a balanced beav offense...one that'll also have their share of success on the ground. anyways, this line is only gonna get pricier on the beavers...so had to take it now.

Texas (-33.5) for 1/2 unit
Like Horn said...take Texas minus anything. Well, this was a bit high...so let me explain the 1/2 unit. My plan is to have 1.5 units on this game...but i have to wait until they release team totals to do that. it'll be this 1/2 unit on the huge fav...followed up by a unit on the texas team total.
texas needs style points...they have an excellent offense...and tamu can't stop anybody. so that's the explanation here...the play is a work in progress...but i saw a 34 elsewhere, so had to get this part in now.

Nebraska (-16) for 1 unit
Cornholers are off a bye. Buffalos are too...but they're also a team with a lot of problems/issues, especially offensively. Will get into this more later...but i was worried it would hit 17, so i played it now. Quickly though, fwiw...i did use common opponents heavily when looking at this game. Mostly cuz it's 2 teams heading in totally opposite directions, and looking at that (as well as yard margins, etc) simply backed it up.

Okie Lite (+7.5) for 1 unit
Was planning on waiting on this game, hoping the line would go up a bit...but i saw a flat 7 at one shop, so jumped on 7.5 at another...worried i'd lose even that half pt. No doubt the Sooners are one of the elite teams...and no doubt okie lite has fallen off a bit with their losses...but i like them to keep this rivalry game extremely close at home. This is now Okie Lite's superbowl...where it's only natural for the Sooners to have a bit of a letdown (emotionally) after totally stomping Tx Tech. These kids can only get up that high for so long...for so many weeks in a row...before it comes back on them, as we've seen now happen to a few teams in similar stretches. Anyhow, okie lite's rested...and there are some very tight games historically in this series...when okie lite's at home.

Georgia Tech (+8.5) for 1 unit
Same story. Was planning on waiting, hoping for the line to rise. Saw an 8 earlier...reacted, and played 8.5 while i could still get it. Anyhow, UGA's been a disappointment this year. And i still don't think they've recovered from the Florida loss. 2 wins since...but both lackluster performances against aubbie and tucky...who UGA shoulda blown out of the stadium, to be honest. But i'm on the better defense in this (state) rivalry game...and hoping i also got the more motivated side as well.

Well, that's the short version on the 5 additions tonight. Gonna go fix the 1st post in this thread, and get everything together. But wanted to summarize what i've played today/sunday for week 14...4 as the lines came out, then another 5 over a late dinner.

prolly my earliest start to the week this season, lol :tiphat:

These kids can only get up that high for so long...for so many weeks in a row...before it comes back on them, as we've seen now happen to a few teams in similar stretches.

Not when Bob Stoops is your head coach. He fucks a whore and snorts 3 grams of blow in the locker room in front of his team each game to show them whats up.

just kidding, good luck

Not when Bob Stoops is your head coach. He fucks a whore and snorts 3 grams of blow in the locker room in front of his team each game to show them whats up.

just kidding, good luck

lol...maybe stoops & i have something in common after all. :shake:

with you on Oklahoma St. and Georgia Tech by the way...

very cool, pags. always feel more comfortable with a dog, when i see you're onthem as well. :shake:

Looks good...on nevada with yas..lets rock it out this week.

cool deal, bro. let's do it. :shake:

just hope u got it before the rise. 4.5 yesterday, and 5.5 today...

I got it at 3.5 and bought it down....

Saw the moves after, was happy.

I'll be adding Texas in some capacity tomorrow during the day.

Great lines you got. Early shopping worked out well.

went off again...it's the degenerate in me, i guess. made 6 more additions, either monday or tuesday nite. getting around to posting them now...before any additional line movements, and/or bob releases this week.
its too much, especially for this type of week...but i've spent an inordinate amount of time on the card this week, and i couldn't resist playing them the way i capped them.

Texas Tech (-20)
rebound time...against a team they've flat out owned for years...12 in a row, and by an average of 30 ppg. harrell will have all the time in the world to get that offense back on track.

Akron/Temple o57.5
two defenses tat have been atrocious of late. akron's put up over 40 pts in 4 straight, and they've given up over 30 pts in 5 straight...with the last 2 getting into the 40s. then there's temple...off a 55-52 win last week vs emu, and a 38-41 loss the week before to kent.

UTEP (+5.5)
ecu escaped last season's game with a fg in ot. utep's fighting to be bowl eligible...and they're the far superior offensive unit in this game. their defense kinda blows...but it'll take a lot for ecu to still be able to keep pace here.

NCST (+1.5)
the wolfpack are one of the hottest teams in the country at the moment, covering 8 of their last 9 games. they're on a 3 game win streak...and just 1 more would make them bowl eligible. but where ncst impressed last week vs unc...the U sure didn't vs georgia tech.

Memphis (-13.5)
the tigers got their qb back last week, and he shook the rust off against a pretty good ucf defense. but this play is more of a fade of tulane, and all their injuries. same reason i was on tulsa last week (for the 1H)...the green wave just doens't have anything offensively at the moment to truly compete.

Rice (+3.5)
owls are undefeated at home this year. and the cougars have struggled on the road (1-4 SU & ATS), quite often looking like a much different team/offense. rice has been up on houston big the L2 years...but allowed them to come back in both games. maybe this year will be the one they hold on to, as the home team is still 6-2 ATS in the series.

anyways, all that should complete my card for the week. 15 plays, with 1 play pending. still waiting around for that texas team total to get released. as soon as it comes out, i'll be jumping on it. but other than that one, this should do me for turkey (rivalry, part 2) week.

GL :tiphat:

well...both 5D and BM are Yag...as neither one has team totals out yet.

giving it another half hour, b4 i call it a nite. if they don't, i'll use the greek. it's up there now at 51 (-115)...was just hoping to be able to get a better # than that.

but baylor put up 41 on tamu...oklahomo put up 66 in the game before...so if the horns can't hit 52 against one of the worst defenses, then they don't even deserve to be in the MNC talk...imo only, of course.

anyways...a smoke, and maybe a few hands of holdem...and if it's still not up anywhere else...i'll have to go with the greek line.

BM...1st with spreads, 1st with totals...freakin last with TTs, lol.

Oh well, i give up on the line shopping tonight...since BMs not cooperating.

Final addition...

Texas TT over 51 (-115)

Happy Turkey Day :tiphat:

Well, 1-1 on turkey day. And as stated before...between niffel and college...just a missed FG away from a perfect day, dammit.

Anyways, the degenerate in me couldn't leave the (big) card alone...and i've got 2 more additions for friday.

UCLA/AZST u45
and
Ohio (+4.5) to Buffalo (-3)

As for the under...
The Bruins offense is horrid. Horrible QB, and hardly a running game to speak of, unfortunately. Sun Devils completing a very disappointing season. Still can't protect Rudy...still not much of a running game...and they're up against a very good Bruin pass defense. It's about the one thing they do well, lol. Anyways, barring a couple special teams &/or defensive scores...just see this game maxing out in the mid 30s.

As for the (MAC) teaser...
Liked both Ohio and Buffalo all week...but not at the current (or past) lines enough to play them. So the teaser. Now i get Ohio catching more than a FG, and i get Buffalo laying just a FG. Ohio's the better offense and the better defense in this matchup...and both sides have equally bad turnover issues. Buffalo should stomp Kent...but with their division tied up...and with all the close games they play...just felt the 9 was too high to justify, considering their defense.

Anyways, that's definitely it now...at least for Friday. ;)

Back