Week 14 Discussion Thread

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
I would say this is a must win for Dallas but they may well back into the division win... with that being said they feast on bad to average teams and lose against good ones. Both teams with the full week of rest.

Baltimore and Buffalo is a big AFC match-up. I hope we get some 'Buffalo' weather for this one. I'll be real interested in @Lexington 125 thoughts here.

The Redskins are red-hot, lol. Green Bay with a few easier opponents before the big one in Minnesota week 16. This is a big number, but the Skins are due to get back to their stinking ways you would think.

Big win for Houston this week, and Denver as well. This is a lot of points to be honest... feels like a bit of a slobber-knocker.

The Bengals let that guy living on top of his bar return home with the win last week. This game just reeks...Bengals prolly win 3 December games to screw up that #1 pick.

The Niners head to the dome. This is tough after going to Baltimore and with Seattle ahead as well in a huge division game. The Saints have the benefit of 10 days rest as well...either way..one of the better December matches. @twinkie13 @Inspekdah

I will just say now we should see a shootout in Panthers and Falcon but knowing that we'll see a 20-17 game for no reason at all.

Detroit is burnt toast right now... Minny needs a big win and Cousins should absolutely feast in this game...

Miami and the Jets...sign me up @brewers888

Indy is that team this year...the missed opportunities...Tampa is sneaky at times but this might be a good spot for very short road favorite.

Minshew is back and that is about all I can get excited about in this match with Phillip @VirginiaCavs

KC and New England maybe not as glam as one would think starting the year but still a big big game...Houston will be rooting for the chiefs as they own tiebreakers vs both should NE lose a few coming in for the coveted bye.

Pitt and Zona out in the desert...we have enough Steelers guys here to analyze this one @~Utah etc

Tennessee quietly at 7-5 and Oakland in most likely a must win to keep their chances alive. This is an under the radar good game methinks @guaranteeed @cogenman @ProV1Colt

We can talk the Primetime SNF and MNF as we get there...

Aight, your turn...gooooooooooooo

Been watching the Pats offense struggle all season against teams with a pulse. Week one against Pitt was clearly an anomaly because that's the only decent D they have put up points against. KC +3 looks like a gift to me. I think all the bullshit about Pats not losing two in a row or Pats not losing at home can be tossed out the window. As good as the Pats D is they showed some holes against Houston.

Hope you're right Zeke. Chiefs offense has not looked very crisp the last couple weeks. I'm hoping Andy left a lot in the bag against Oakland. We struggled against the Pats stunts and schemes up front last year and our OL has me concerned. Also a good chance they run Sony 25 times up the gut and we can't stop it.

Michel is hardly a threat this year. 3.5 YPC this year & that's partly inflated due to his season high of 19/91 for 5.7 YPC against the powerhouse in Washington.

Michel is hardly a threat this year. 3.5 YPC this year & that's partly inflated due to his season high of 19/91 for 5.7 YPC against the powerhouse in Washington.
They got away from him too early last week. He started off strong and just disappeared.

The 49ers have destroyed any pocket QB that they have played this season. Losing to mobile runners Russell Wilson (a game they should have won), being tested by Murray twice, and barely losing to Lamar Jackson.

Aaron Rodgers never stood a chance, Baker got nothing, Goff nothing, Panthers nothing, etc.\

The 49ers' 2 losses can be attributed directly to Jimmy G gift wrapping 7 points at critical momentum points in the 1Hs where if he had just held on to the ball the 9ers probably win both games going away.

It will be loud, it's another early start, etc. but I don't think any of that will matter.

9ers win if they simply play equal to in the turnover game. But I would say they are considerably more likely to turn the ball over than the Saints in this one.

Dee Ford will be back for this one joining the rest of that nasty group.

I’ll echo Spek.....I’m super fucking concerned about the Saints O line vs what is what, 5 1st round picks on the line?
Saints won’t have Armstead or Peat so there will be protection issues.
I believe the 49ers stayed in FLA and didn’t go back out west.....
I really want to see some Latavius Murray here and I’m hoping Payton has been “saving” him for a game like this.
I think Taysom Hill will be utilized and maybe throw a bit too.....
Saints have to mix it up.....IF Who Dats had the Oline in tact, I’d feel much better

On the other side Saints will rely heavy on the D in the Dome and I’m hoping Jimmy gifts some.
Jimmy gonna have to play realllllly well to beat Breesy in the Dome

The 49ers have destroyed any pocket QB that they have played this season. Losing to mobile runners Russell Wilson (a game they should have won), being tested by Murray twice, and barely losing to Lamar Jackson.

Aaron Rodgers never stood a chance, Baker got nothing, Goff nothing, Panthers nothing, etc.\

The 49ers' 2 losses can be attributed directly to Jimmy G gift wrapping 7 points at critical momentum points in the 1Hs where if he had just held on to the ball the 9ers probably win both games going away.

It will be loud, it's another early start, etc. but I don't think any of that will matter.

9ers win if they simply play equal to in the turnover game. But I would say they are considerably more likely to turn the ball over than the Saints in this one.

Dee Ford will be back for this one joining the rest of that nasty group.
I made it SF -1
I have a doctor's appt on Monday just in case.

Titans @ Raiders

This game is the game of two teams going in opposite directions. Titans on fire winning 5 of 6 since Tannehill took over. Raiders with two terrible losses getting blown out against the Jets and Chiefs. The Raiders defensively can't stop the pass ranked 24th. Run defense isn't too bad ranked 10th but they gotta deal with arguably the hottest RB under the scene. Derrick Henry has been on fire. Tannehill too. Believe it or not Tannehill has the second highest passer rating 113.9. Also for the Raiders, it's looking like Josh Jacobs might not play now. We got some rain coming, maybe that'll help us stop the Titans, but they're playing really well.

A couple motivation factors that can help the Raiders. Despite the shitty play, they're only one game back of the final wild card spot. This is a do or die game. Lose and the playoffs are pretty much shot. And this will be the second to last game playing at home in Oakland. You can't put up a shit show now with only one more game left at home.

I think this game starts out real close. Than the Titans pull away 2H. Gun to my head I think the Titans win by 7+. I'll be rooting for Raider Nation though.

I like the 49ers to win. Saints 9 of last 10 games played vs teams with a losing record. 49ers not in the best of spots but I think the d could give Brees fits. I could see Brees having a very rough 1sth and then the Saints adjusting and making it close. Big question is how NO reacts to the pressure, because there will be pressure. Maybe misdirection/screens, but that's tough to do with a banged up o line. SF should be able to move the ball through the air, Debo/Kittles/Sanders Lattimore can't cover them all. I'm leaning 49ers team total over 21 & +2.5.

Titans @ Raiders

This game is the game of two teams going in opposite directions. Titans on fire winning 5 of 6 since Tannehill took over. Raiders with two terrible losses getting blown out against the Jets and Chiefs. The Raiders defensively can't stop the pass ranked 24th. Run defense isn't too bad ranked 10th but they gotta deal with arguably the hottest RB under the scene. Derrick Henry has been on fire. Tannehill too. Believe it or not Tannehill has the second highest passer rating 113.9. Also for the Raiders, it's looking like Josh Jacobs might not play now. We got some rain coming, maybe that'll help us stop the Titans, but they're playing really well.

A couple motivation factors that can help the Raiders. Despite the shitty play, they're only one game back of the final wild card spot. This is a do or die game. Lose and the playoffs are pretty much shot. And this will be the second to last game playing at home in Oakland. You can't put up a shit show now with only one more game left at home.

I think this game starts out real close. Than the Titans pull away 2H. Gun to my head I think the Titans win by 7+. I'll be rooting for Raider Nation though.
We don’t see eye to eye here.
I really like Da Raiders & Bucs tomorrow.

Like a bunch of dog shit teams tomorrow.

denver, Washington,Arizona, Oakland , Cincy.
Also like Rams.

no clue what will happen to my boys at Gillette. They (Chiefs) are the better team in my opinion and I feel as though the line is telling you that as well. Too many trends support the champs though. Laying off.

Thinking Niners too. Like twink said, saints are missing a lot.
Played the 1st Half Under 21.5 too. The Saints should take some time to adjust to the pressure, I don't think they will do much bc of the Niner pressure on Brees.

Dolphins are a play too, Jets are battered down. 5 pts is silly.

I like the 49ers to win. Saints 9 of last 10 games played vs teams with a losing record. 49ers not in the best of spots but I think the d could give Brees fits. I could see Brees having a very rough 1sth and then the Saints adjusting and making it close. Big question is how NO reacts to the pressure, because there will be pressure. Maybe misdirection/screens, but that's tough to do with a banged up o line. SF should be able to move the ball through the air, Debo/Kittles/Sanders Lattimore can't cover them all. I'm leaning 49ers team total over 21 & +2.5.

Ford is back. The pass rush will be relentless and they don’t give up a lot to screens because they rarely blitz and their DL while small is fast and sniffs that stuff out pretty well.

Saints’ last decent opponent might have to be the Rams?

Im a homer but I haven’t seen a pocket QB do anything vs our defense.

Bills thoughts-

Started writing this 100 times. Buffalo has come together as a team very nicely, really the Boys win was not a surprise to me (if you saw my game wagers you already know). This is a completely different matchup, but I still think the Bills are in this game. So much talk about how unstoppable the Ravens rushing attack is, and the Bills glaring defensive weakness (especially mid season) was the run d. I'm the first to admit that Ingram makes me nervous- he's the type of back that gives the Bills fits and had 21 131 3tds in 2017 with NO. However, the Bills d is fully healthy and Oliver is making his presence felt inside (2 sacks last week). I expect Lamar to make some plays, but the Bills should be able to get inside pressure on him. I'm hoping they'll be able to cause a couple turnovers. Again I trust Tre White to shut down the deep ball with Brown, and think Milano is quick enough to make some plays should he get matched up in coverage with Andrews.

Offensively I came into the season thinking Allen was not the guy, and though the jury is still out I can say he has progressed immensely. He gets lost in this league with all the talent at qb but look at the last 8 games played and Allen has 13 tds, 2 ints & 5 rushing tds. Lamar has 15 tds, 3 ints & 6 rushing. Wilson 18 td 4 int 1 rushing so really he is making plays with his arm, legs and has been able to make some really tough throws. Last week I said they needed Beasley to get going early, now this week Brown has a chance at revenge vs a team that didn't want to pay him. The Ravens secondary is good but Peters is still roastable, and will take the shot at an int every time. I'm thinking Allen will be able to extend a couple plays and hopefully get a couple big plays downfield. In the run game I fully expect Gore to have zero luck in between the tackles, so hopefully they are smart and get the ball to motor's hands. Mostert was shredding Balty last week (i realize he can fly) and Devin can make ppl miss.

The offense has come together very nicely and this will be a test for them. That being sid I think they get over 20 points even if they lose outright. Too many points at home for a good team playing great team ball.

Josh Jacobs is a true game time decision with a fractured shoulder. He’s obviously a difference maker for the Raiders.

I know it’s been said before too but the 9ers have been on the East coast for a week and a half. They did this to open the season after TB in Cinci and looked pretty good. Obviously we had no idea how bad Cinci would end up being.

Back