Week 14 B1G Thread...

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
Alright, the final week is upon us and there are a few good games on hand...

First, last week...

Ohio State had their first kinda competitive game in the 3rd quarter but the threat wasn't much in reality. The first Dobbins fumble basically turned a rout into a something that would have to wait awhile. The 2nd one, made it a game. That was it, and why PSU covered. Gritty effort despite Franklin's efforts on punting from inside the 45 multiple times.

Michigan, apparently motivated from Toms comments, whooped up on Indiana. Now, Stevie Scott injury turned things a bit after the usual Don Brown defense looks brutal till adjustments period...but the Michigan offense was humming and has been for 3.5 or the last 4.5 games.

Sparty with a ho-hummer at Rutgers, business game.

Holy moly Maryland, wow.

The rest took care of business, although I always root for Illinois nowadays. Fun team.

This week...

The big one is in Minneapolis to decide the West and who faces the Buckeyes in Indy. This is a great rivalry and the stadium should be electric for Saturday with GameDay in town for the first time as well.

Michigan State needs to close out Senior Day with a win vs Maryland, who looks awful, to gain a bowl bid.

I have a feeling we see @tee*dub this week again with a lil sumtin sumtin out in Lincoln. Short line?

Indiana goes for an 8 win season, gotta check injuries.

Rutgers and Penn State, my goodness.

Ohio State heads to A2 to complete their perfect regular season before the BTCG next week. There is value since the GOY line was 13 weeks ago for OSU backers.

Much more to come but a busy next few days so wanted to get this up, plenty more on the big one, Minnesota and Wisconsin as the week goes on...

Really impressed with M. Handled our business and then some. Yes, I think we have a chance this week. If PSU did on the road we sure as hell do at home. OSU is very good, but they are human as they showed. And we need some luck. OSU finally had to play someone with a pulse and got the backup QB with game on the line. Collectively, offense playing best ball all year and grew up at PSU. Worry is for the defense, think we’ll score. Hamler ran open all day , just didn’t throw him ball. Gotta take some risks but I’m finally interested in this one this year for the first time after seeing both teams last week. Too much crowning of OSU...LFG!!

PSU played their asses off, their coaches didn’t follow suit. When I see coaching performances like that, basically waiving the white flag from the jump, I think could one foot be out the door? FSU rumors heating up and if CUM doesn’t go USC, gotta be Franklin. Ruhle would seem auto to PSU. Could happen. Shame 14 got hurt, but what coaching staff thinks it’s smart to single team CY ALL game. Something not right at PSU with that staff. Hamler and TE are gone to NFL too (another reason Franklin may go now) Yikes!

I think Minnesota is better than Wisconsin. I also think Minny can be run on. That’s a problem.

2 games matter, nothing else does this week. Sweet double header!

Last year Purdue with Old Oaken Bucket
9c460a6e-33d3-4eb5-803e-f1bd0b7a2993-USATSI_11725332.jpg

Last year Minnesota with the Axe
gettyimages-1071918476-1543165915-2763.jpg

Last year Iowa with the Hero's Trophy
11232018_IOWAFOOTBALLVSNEBRASKA008.JPG

Last year Northwestern wins Land of Lincoln Trophy
DSC_2325-900x601.jpg

62-39
OSU%2Bv%2BMichigan%2B2018%2Bb.jpg

Seeing OSU -8 now. Matt Perrault had bookmaker on today, they really struggled with where to line this game. Said PSU showed OSU is not invincible and Day made some questionable calls, no one hotter than M blah blah blah

Seeing OSU -8 now. Matt Perrault had bookmaker on today, they really struggled with where to line this game. Said PSU showed OSU is not invincible and Day made some questionable calls, no one hotter than M blah blah blah

Michigan bettors gonna get crushed. False optimism.

Michigan must keep it close by half. If they do, might get a fucking good finish.
Agreed. Still want to see OSU in stress situations, specifically Fields. PSU had the game tied but dropped a TD, settled for 3 and that swung momentum back. The horrible pick towards the end with Hamler wide open sealed it. Both of those to me were self inflicted wounds that M must avoid to have a chance. Too jaded to go in feeling good but feel better than I have in a long time, even last year.

Agreed. Still want to see OSU in stress situations, specifically Fields. PSU had the game tied but dropped a TD, settled for 3 and that swung momentum back. The horrible pick towards the end with Hamler wide open sealed it. Both of those to me were self inflicted wounds that M must avoid to have a chance. Too jaded to go in feeling good but feel better than I have in a long time, even last year.

Right. Exactly. But you kind of also knew bucks weren't losing that game with backup qb in. Up 20 at half or whatever... they were ready for Michigan.

Right. Exactly. But you kind of also knew bucks weren't losing that game with backup qb in. Up 20 at half or whatever... they were ready for Michigan.
I wont give them that much credit. I knew they'd win, but the backup provided the spark and ran all over them. Biggest issue is it probably gives them more of a focus this week to get it right.

Really impressed with M. Handled our business and then some. Yes, I think we have a chance this week. If PSU did on the road we sure as hell do at home. OSU is very good, but they are human as they showed. And we need some luck. OSU finally had to play someone with a pulse and got the backup QB with game on the line. Collectively, offense playing best ball all year and grew up at PSU. Worry is for the defense, think we’ll score. Hamler ran open all day , just didn’t throw him ball. Gotta take some risks but I’m finally interested in this one this year for the first time after seeing both teams last week. Too much crowning of OSU...LFG!!

PSU played their asses off, their coaches didn’t follow suit. When I see coaching performances like that, basically waiving the white flag from the jump, I think could one foot be out the door? FSU rumors heating up and if CUM doesn’t go USC, gotta be Franklin. Ruhle would seem auto to PSU. Could happen. Shame 14 got hurt, but what coaching staff thinks it’s smart to single team CY ALL game. Something not right at PSU with that staff. Hamler and TE are gone to NFL too (another reason Franklin may go now) Yikes!

I think Minnesota is better than Wisconsin. I also think Minny can be run on. That’s a problem.

2 games matter, nothing else does this week. Sweet double header!
Totally agree. NW was able to move the ball on the ground and our tackling was shit most of the game. If that happens on Saturday we could get run out of the building.

FWIW to those interested in the game, weather WILL be an issue. Supposed to snow up to 6-8 inches starting tomorrow through Wednesday. Then another system comes in Friday through Sunday and could drop up to 10-12 inches of rain/snow based on early projections. This favors the Badgers IMO.

Totally agree. NW was able to move the ball on the ground and our tackling was shit most of the game. If that happens on Saturday we could get run out of the building.

FWIW to those interested in the game, weather WILL be an issue. Supposed to snow up to 6-8 inches starting tomorrow through Wednesday. Then another system comes in Friday through Sunday and could drop up to 10-12 inches of rain/snow based on early projections. This favors the Badgers IMO.

Fuck that...Jonathan Taylor can be a fumbling machine sometimes..go gophers.

If TOSU loses SU to Michigan but wins In Indy, are they still in top 4? I’d think about that before betting this game.. Vice versa, they are not- I’m certain. Also if you set line just based on L5 games , what you got? I got pick em on neutral . Guess my TU play?.. I’ll have something on SGU but not significant play. Prolly stick them in ML parlay .. I got to get better read on weather. Likely big factor. Lean under for sure. Also Minny will be on my card. Sorry Fonds .

RE MN/Wisconsin. I also really hope Minny wins that game, but I think the weather scenario might doom them. The forecast is for sleet/precip, but also 20-25 MPH winds which is death for a passing game.

Fleck has bothered the shit out of me because in both the Penn State and Iowa games, he failed to take advantage of what is one of the most efficient passing games in the country. In the Penn State game he ran the ball 40 fucking times despite the fact Penn State had no prayer of ever stopping Morgan, who was 18/20 and averaged 17 yards per attempt(!!!!!!) in the game. 40 plays on something that averages 3 yards a pop, and 20 plays on something that averages 17. That strategy almost allowed Penn State to come back and win that game when if they just kept throwing they would have put up 50 points. Unconscionable. Then in the Iowa game Fleck kept pissing away possessions by insisting on running on first and second down and leaving Morgan with third and long. Even then he was able to convert his fair share, but they did exactly what Iowa would hope they would do...keep Morgan's gun in the holster. Had they focused on what actually works for them instead of what PJ Fleck envisions their offense SHOULD look like, they'd be undefeated. Now with this weather forecast, Fleck will be even more committed to a run game that will likely not crack 3.5 yards per carry against that Wisconsin run D, and he'll burn 25 plays that will likely gain 2 or fewer yards. It's keeping me off a Minny team that should in no certain terms be dogged at home in this game.

Any reason I shouldn't play Illinois?
Peters might not play since he was concussed by a helmet to helmet late hit that somehow wasn't even flagged last week at Iowa. Also, NW is back in their comfortable role as a road dog (even in this horrendous year they've covered 2 of 3 in that role) and their offense has shown a pulse the last 3 weeks. Illinois will probably turn them over 5 times but if they don't I could actually see that game coming down to the wire if Matt Robinson plays and NW pressures him. Their D is actually pretty decent.

Whats the reasoning for the Iowa line being so fishy looking?

Line is low just using the Wisconsin-Iowa and Wisconsin-Nebraska games as comparison.

Perhaps partly due to weather. Perhaps partly due to general Nebraska overratedness. Perhaps partyly due to likelihood Nebraska wins SU.

#24 Shaun Wade game time decision for the Bucks, according to my local paper. He's OSU's slot corner and second best cover guy. If he can't go, we probably see #12 Sevyn Banks more...

The tearing down the banner is one of my favorite all time sports moments. That and the Rufus-Brutus fight! College football is the best!

I hate public dogs but I don't think Michigan qualifies as one. You'll see a lot of support for any side in a game of this magnitude. But there's 67% on OSU and it's the most bet game of the weekend by far.

That's not a public dog.

Line to me could have been released at -14. The line gives me optimism for Blue's chances.

Do you know that kid who punched Brutus wasn’t even an OU student? He went to cheerleader practices for 8 months just to do that.

Yes. I love that aspect of it too! The video is awsome as are some photos the field photographers got.

Robinson's passing numbers just arent that much worse than Peters', and he faced much tougher competition than Peters. It looks like he takes a lot of sacks, though. Am I missing anything on the QB front?

Back