Week 13

touchdowncapper

I've watched most of the games each of these teams have played this year. I think Ohio is fairly overrated and I don't see much difference between these two on neutral. Ohio is slightly better. Ohio hasn't done too much. Other than the great Toledo win at home, they've beaten Kansas, EMU in OT, Umass, BG, Kent State, a misleading MOH final (played nearly even) without Ragland.

Buffalo on the other hand has been alright and played 2.5 games with their 3rd string frosh QB who never had played a snap before. They were VERY limited offensively in those games. They're a much different with Tyree back. They've been pretty damn good at home beating FAU, losing in triple OT to WMU (with Anderson seeing his first action), NIU by 1 (with 3rd string QB playing entire 2nd half), and covering vs BG.

I don't think Buffalo will have much trouble with a balanced attack exploiting this defense. Johnson is a monster on the outside and they can mix in the run game too imo.

Also, Buff is still playing for a chance at a potential bowl birth, while Ohio has to be feeling down with Akron beating Kent State early this week and missing out on a chance of playing in the MAC championship game. There's really not much reason for them to show up here.

Also, leading WR for Ohio in Cope is out for this one. Hopefully Dorian Brown is out as well, as he's their more explosive back.

Visuals of both teams, number seems way too high, motivational aspects on both teams are in favor of this, and an injury to the top WR.

Line movement is scary, but I see no info on any injuries, so hopefully nobody has any inside information on something that isn't public.

Buffalo has a chance to win this outright and this is good down to 3 imo.

Buffalo +7 -121 average BIG

Throughout most of conference play, these teams have played quite the heavy under schedule. When you look at it, it’s nuts. They’ve both played a combination of very slow, weak offensive, and great defensive teams. I think both offenses are underrated and both defenses are overrated due to the competition. Also, Indiana isn’t slow. They’re coming in at 21.4 sec per play. These are 2 of the more faster tempo teams in the league the 2 most pass heavy, with both coming in with over 53% pass ratio. Neither team has faced much of a passing attack of late, so I think both can find some success. As you mentioned, Purdue’s pass defense isn’t all that great as well. Also, if one team is chasing the other, we could see them really ramp up the tempo, as they’ve done throughout the season.

Indiana:
Michigan (15th in defense, 73rd in offense, 61% rush, and 29 in TPP)
Michigan State (95th in offense, 6th in defense, 55% rush, and 27.4 TPP)
Maryland (nut over game)
Wisconsin (7th in defense, 33rd in offense, 67.5% rush, and 31.2 TPP)
Illinois(123rd in offense, 51% rush, and 28 TPP)
Rutgers ( 115th in offense, 44th in defense, 60% rush, and 29 TPP)

Purdue:
Michigan (15th in defense, 73rd in offense, 61% rush, and 29 in TPP)
Minnesota (23rd in defense, 116th in offense, 67% rush, and 29 in TPP)
Wisconsin (7th in defense, 33rd in offense, 67.5% rush, and 31.2 TPP)
Rutgers (44th in defense, 115th in offense, 60% rush, and 29 TPP)
Nebraska
Illinois(123rd in offense, 51% rush, and 28 TPP)
Northwestern (83rd in offense, 49th in defense, 50% run, and 23 TPP)
Iowa (99th offensive rating, 16th in defense, 54% rush, and 27.4 in TPP)

Purdue’s top tackler is also questionable for this one, sounds like he may go, but still isn’t completely healthy:
GoldandBlack.com
@GoldandBlackcom

#Purdue coach Jeff Brohm: Ja’Whaun Bentley ‘has some (injury) issues he’s going to have to deal with,’ but ‘we’re going to try to get him ready for the game.'

Early forecast is clear with a little wind. Bowl eligibility is on the line, but I think this game is played loosely. I think this over is good through any number we will see. I’d make it around 55. GL.

Indiana/Purdue o49-51 BIG

He is more than their top tackler. He is by far their best defensive player and the leader of the defensive unit. YUGE loss

Back