Week 13 - What Have We Learned

Frank Costanza

Co-Inventor of the Man's Bra
- Ohio State is a really well coached team. My favorite exhibit to date - Q3 today, PSU is making it a game. They have the ball, 2nd and manageable. They run a screen, nice play call. Not one, not two, but three OSU linemen rush the QB, then stop in their tracks, sniff the screen, peel back and annihilate it. I've watched a lot of CFB like all of you but have never seen this, a unit just recognizing a screen like this, so well. Just obviously coached to the max. Incredible display. Wish I had the video. Maybe someone will provide it.

- On the other hand here's some comedic relief for the day. I'm out of gas with the clown Herman. In the meantime, all of you can enjoy him head-butting our best defensive lineman four times — without wearing a helmet - in pre game warmups today.

Oregon really hurt the Pac 12's chances of a playoff team. IF Utah beats them it's not as impressive now and there is no guarantee that even happens.

Utah has to win out and they need an upset somewhere imho. That being said, Utah is playing lights out right now and I think they can hang with any of the top teams. I would take Utah over anyone from the big 12.

Since Frank started it.......I am watching the ticker last night and the Baylor score comes across.
Espn adds to it, Baylor QB beats his Father’s, Grandfather’s and Uncle’s former school. Apparently all played at UT. Damn, talk about being extra

Oregon really hurt the Pac 12's chances of a playoff team. IF Utah beats them it's not as impressive now and there is no guarantee that even happens.

Utah has to win out and they need an upset somewhere imho. That being said, Utah is playing lights out right now and I think they can hang with any of the top teams. I would take Utah over anyone from the big 12.
I don't think this at all. Utah n Oklahoma is a tight battle if both win out but with the committee already indicating that since Moss missed most of the USC game that is taken into consideration I think they get the nod.

I don't think this at all. Utah n Oklahoma is a tight battle if both win out but with the committee already indicating that since Moss missed most of the USC game that is taken into consideration I think they get the nod.
And this is the simplicity of it all... Unless UGA beats LSU then the 4th spot is the Utah and OU debate (Baylor beating ou in rematch would be the complete conundrum of it all because they really needed to go undefeated).

And this is the simplicity of it all... Unless UGA beats LSU then the 4th spot is the Utah and OU debate (Baylor beating ou in rematch would be the complete conundrum of it all because they really needed to go undefeated).

Are you sure they wouldn't take Alabama over Utah. I really hope they don't but that Oregon loss is not good for Utah.

Yes I am a Miami fan but I loved seeing Butch Davis and FIU shove it up Diaz' ass last night. That was the third Miami loss as more than a double digit favorite and I am kicking myself for not thinking of putting a little on the ML last night.

Are you sure they wouldn't take Alabama over Utah. I really hope they don't but that Oregon loss is not good for Utah.
It shouldn't be up for debate at all. Conference champions only when we are talking about teams with same amount of losses. Alabama has a brutal resume, lost at home and will end the season with one top 25 win(much like Utah) but also benefitted from one less game. You literally better at least play in your conference championship game to even be considered (win or lose).

I agree on the conference championship BAR. As for Utah/OU....it will definitely be a toss up and I'm biased but I think Utah's D would slow down that offense and I think Utah would run it down their throats.

Anything is possible, especially with how SECESPN is pushing this narrative lately. Hunt mentioned them comparing it to the OSU cardale team which is hilarious. C'mon... Anyways...the basic premise is three teams control their own destiny... UGA/Minny/Utah. Just win baby. Have a great day everyone.

I agree on the conference championship BAR. As for Utah/OU....it will definitely be a toss up and I'm biased but I think Utah's D would slow down that offense and I think Utah would run it down their throats.
No doubt in my mind in a h2h that Utah wins. That's a nasty team peaking at the right time.

No doubt in my mind in a h2h that Utah wins. That's a nasty team peaking at the right time.
I agree but they have the pac12 cloud over their head. Usually, Pac12 teams are soft on D but score points. Utah is closer to a big 10 team than a Pac 12 team in toughness this year. I'm afraid they will need some help and they need to boat race Oregon.

It shouldn't be up for debate at all. Conference champions only when we are talking about teams with same amount of losses. Alabama has a brutal resume, lost at home and will end the season with one top 25 win(much like Utah) but also benefitted from one less game. You literally better at least play in your conference championship game to even be considered (win or lose).

Too bad those aren’t the rules. I think at this point the debate between 4th best team is Utah and Alabama. I do think 1 loss Utah gets in over 1 loss Alabama because now Oregon’s AD can be in the room to politic for the conference. I’d guess there’s going to be more chaos in the next 2 weeks and it will get even more muddled.

My main takeaway is that there isn’t as clear a separation between the top 3 and the rest of the top 10-12 as it appears. And if I had to pick who I think takes it home, I’m picking Clemson

I think we all agree that Utah should get in over Alabama if they win out but if Alabama beats Auburn handily and Utah struggles to beat Oregon we all know what is probably going to happen and that would be Utah being left out.

I think Oklahoma is completely out of the picture unless a bunch of crazy things happen the next few weeks.

I think you want to be on the side of the conference as the season winds down.
I’ll be on LSU for the next two games.

As long as James Coley is the OC I just cannot take Georgia seriously as a national title contender. The defense is outstanding and they have enough players on offense but Coley is just completely incompetent. You aren't beating LSU kicking a bunch of field goals and thats all they do with this guy calling the plays.

As long as James Coley is the OC I just cannot take Georgia seriously as a national title contender. The defense is outstanding and they have enough players on offense but Coley is just completely incompetent. You aren't beating LSU kicking a bunch of field goals and thats all they do with this guy calling the plays.

I think it’s Kirby. He still thinks what won in 2011 is what wins now. Defense will keep them in almost any game, but I don’t see how they can keep up with the offenses of LSU, Alabama, Ohio St, Clemson, etc

I'm pulling for Utah to make it, just for a bit of variety. Mac Jones was awfully good yesterday, so Bama is still a force to be reckoned with.

Last edited:
I'm pulling for Utah to make it, just for a bit of variety. Mac Jones was awfully good yesterday, so Bama is still a force to be reckoned with.

People, including our fans, were acting like we had to pick up Jones from an intramural squad or something. No, he didn’t start over Tua. Neither did a likely Heisman finalist. That said, Mac’s only meaningful snaps of his career have been against completely overmatched opponents. If he can lead Alabama to a win at Auburn, they are certainly in the discussion of one of the 4 best teams. Whether or not they “deserve” it largely depends on what happens in some other games.

People, including our fans, were acting like we had to pick up Jones from an intramural squad or something. No, he didn’t start over Tua. Neither did a likely Heisman finalist. That said, Mac’s only meaningful snaps of his career have been against completely overmatched opponents. If he can lead Alabama to a win at Auburn, they are certainly in the discussion of one of the 4 best teams. Whether or not they “deserve” it largely depends on what happens in some other games.
I’m glad you said that, b/c I was about to drop some knowledge on those humming his nutz on his two performances. He beat two scrubs. Beat AU and earn your recognition.

I’m glad you said that, b/c I was about to drop some knowledge on those humming his nutz on his two performances. He beat two scrubs. Beat AU and earn your recognition.

That’s true, but at least he did what he supposed to do against Arkansas and W Carolina. I’d be worried if he had struggled

That’s true, but at least he did what he supposed to do against Arkansas and W Carolina. I’d be worried if he had struggled
True. I’m just saying that AL needs to beat AU convincingly without Tua to get a sniff if everything plays out as expected. If he loses, they’re out. If he wins by one and a Utah takes care of business, they should be in the Sugar at best.

Yup and this is what pisses me off, if they win out and bama gets in over them.. I won't be happy. I would take Utah all day everyday on a neutral vs bama.

Should shrink the playoff to three or less when 4 teams aren’t worthy. Give #1 a bye.
Picking a fourth team this year is like foolishly adding another to your teaser/parlay card to get better odds, you just can’t figure it out who.

Should shrink the playoff to three or less when 4 teams aren’t worthy. Give #1 a bye.
Picking a fourth team this year is like foolishly adding another to your teaser/parlay card to get better odds, you just can’t figure it out who.
Well the problem there is there is a chance that the two best teams will be seeded #2 and #3.

Who the fuck is Auburn this year? Nobody. Sec country cracks me up.

This from a guy with an auburn futures ticket. Bo Nix singlehandedly lost them at least the lsu game. They had short fields all afternoon.

Bucks are not losing this weekend. They'll win big. This is the best buckeyes team I've ever seen. Seen a lot of them too. And they might not even win it all.

aubie secondary impressed me against lsu pass game; if they can replicate that vs a backup i think they can score more against bama d that is worse than georgias

good week to fade the acc in ooc games

buckeyes ranking in explosive plass plays is not as high as you would think, bottom third in one of the yardage markers. Some concern there in that they are almost turning into a navy and if you stop the run and hit fields what do they do. Their pass plays area all setup off the run - fields struggled for sure. Not sure what to think of Michigan they didn't rush for 100 yards in the past 2 blowouts. Unexpectedly after notre dame.

If Utah gets in the playoffs I'll likely be fading them. What they are doing now is reminding me of wisconsin from earlier beating up bad teams. Had them vs washington and even though they won I couldn't believe how slow they looked. Utah has played 2 decent teams in pac in usc and washington. Big twelve is just a better conference imo. OUs offense is still sick and there defense is at least better than last year

TN is bowl eligible. Motivation should not be a factor, but knowing how to handle the additional workload may be. As a SEC squad, they will get the best from whatever small school opponent they face.

aubie secondary impressed me against lsu pass game; if they can replicate that vs a backup i think they can score more against bama d that is worse than georgias

good week to fade the acc in ooc games
We'll see. I'm expecting the ACC to go 2-2 or 3-1 ATS this week.

Last edited:
Back