Week 13: The Game

Marsski

MAC Marvel
77-63, +12.12

Actually had a winning week last week, it could have been a big week for me if Iowa didn't shit the bed. BTW, Illinois is a fucking horrible team. They are much worse than Rutgers. If OSU had kept their starters in and played for the throat they could have won by 100...good for me because I had +41 but what an awful display from a Big Ten team...

The lines looked tough this week, I know a few totals I will be on but sides not so sure...

Played a super teaser this AM with the Buckeyes, NW and Eastern. Northwestern gets Illnois and is coming off a shellacking of Minny....Eastern gets BG and its MAC best defense against MACs worst...and Buckeyes are gonna win in AA. Same as it ever was.

Eastern -3/NW -6.5/OSU -1

Week 13 card:

Tuesday
Eastern TT Over 35.5 to win 1 unit (-120)
Kent State TT Over 16 to win half unit (-120)

Friday
S Florida +10.5 to win 1 unit (-120)

Saturday:
Super Teaser: E Michigan -3/Northwestern -6.5/THE OSU -1 to win 1.5 units (-120)
Wongish teaser: Eastern -6.5/THE OSU -5.5 to win 1 unit
Northwestern -16.5 to win 1 unit
Bama -4 to win 1 unit
THE OSU -11.5 to win 1 unit
Parlay: THE OSU -11.5/Bama -4.5 1 unit to win 2.6

Last edited:
Actually, now that I think about it...NW deserves its own bet

ADD:

Northwestern -16.5 to win 1 unit

Last edited:
"They have the audacity, the unmitigated gall to tear down the M"

Archie told me once that it was all Hicks' idea...

Lean to Kent +15 and over in Miami/Ball State game in other Maction games tonight if anyone is interested...

Interesting. I really like what I saw in the young Akron QB last week.

Kent coming off best two offensive games of the year. This is a big rivalry game, Akron everything to play for...Kent with nothing...classic MAC spoiler situation. Think they keep it close but Akron wins...

Missed the number on the EMU total but may still take that to go with my -13. BOL this week Marss and have a good Thanksgiving.

Thanks ksimpsc, you as well.

Actually headed to Crew playoff game here in a minute so gonna have to sit tight w what I got.

Tough to lose those EMU bets especially when the QB gets hurt in the 2nd Q and 0 points in the 4th....bit of bad luck but hopefully it'll even out here in the home stretch...

ADD:

THE OSU -11.5 to win 1 unit

A few quick thoughts on The Game...

The way to attack OSU is go after the linebackers with play action especially to the tight ends. Oklahoma and Iowa had a great era of success hitting the TEs. Not sure that Michigan has the same quality of playmakers at that position. OSU also struggles with stopping the run on the backside (weak side) when a man goes in motion across the formation and it flips from strong/weak. I look for Harbaugh to do that a lot in this game...assuming Schiano is ready for this but its definitely been a weak point. Even Illinois was doing it...

I think OSU will get their points by establishing the zone read early and then opening up the passing game, the question in mind is will Michigan be able to score and stay in the game. I'm assuming O'Korn will be going and you just can't put him in 3rd and long...If Michigan has success on early downs and gets things to 3rd and 4 or 5 O'Korn can be effective and will be able to string together some drives. I think we see something like 37-17...but it really comes down to Michigan's success on early downs...

GL this weekend Mars...Bobcats tt for me today, hope you concur
I don't like the Bobcats today, flat as hell spot and on the road. They will score some though...you gotta hope that Rourke's accuracy is better...good luck with it.

I'm as situational a bettor as you'll find but I kinda throw it out the window this weekend when most every game is a showcase game...guess that's how I've always looked at T'giving weekend, right or wrong...maybe over is the better way to play that one but I'm not concerned about Ohio scoring...unless weather is a factor, haven't even looked at that.

I'm as situational a bettor as you'll find but I kinda throw it out the window this weekend when most every game is a showcase game...guess that's how I've always looked at T'giving weekend, right or wrong...maybe over is the better way to play that one but I'm not concerned about Ohio scoring...unless weather is a factor, haven't even looked at that.

Yeah, Buffalo not really a rivalry game though. Don't think there will be any weather...really comes down to OU getting back up after the crushing defeat...I think Buffalo ML is the best bet to be honest. I'm not betting it but I could definitely see it happening.

Yeah I don't think rivalry per se, more or less unlike most Saturdays, these games will be only one of a small handful going on at a time. Guess we're talking semantics but focus isn't something I concern myself with this week unless a team is looking to a conference championship game next week...that's the only concern.

Hmm looks like OU/Buff is one of only two games not televised today, guess a flat spot could be in order...not gonna go that way so let's just hope for a solid performance from your squad. Again, BOL this weekend Mars.

Hmm looks like OU/Buff is one of only two games not televised today, guess a flat spot could be in order...not gonna go that way so let's just hope for a solid performance from your squad. Again, BOL this weekend Mars.
:cheers3:

ESPN3 doesn't count? LOL

Back