week 13 NCAA Plays

HUNT

CTG Partner
Staff member
Laid off last week...

Michigan State +14.5 at -110 for 3 units

MSU off a bye, getting healthier...fighting for a "good bowl" and have a lot of momentum going into this one. If OSU loses, which won't happen, MSU can go to the rose with a win.

This line is ridiculous imo.

CMU +6.5 at -110 for 1 unit

CMU/Ball St. O59.5 at -103 for 2 units

OSU -20 at -120 for 2 units

blurbs below

Last edited:
I agree Hunt. Shocked. I think NCSTU is ridiculous too. But not this ridiculous.

Really really shocked by this. Just scratching my head. I like Penn State to win without a doubt, I just don't know what to do I'm going back and forth. This line is unbelievable.

Honestly can't get over it myself bro...Ringer will give PSU fits..I know PSU wins they go to the rose and there is revenge from last year..but this line is a touchdown too high imo.

I have 3 other games on my radar as well...

btw,

tOSU is going to beat the hell out of UM. Hoping for line to drop.

Central Michigan +6.5...1.10 to win 1 unit

Game is sold out, biggest game in CMU home history..Lefevour looked great last week...this is basically the same two teams as last year with CMU winning by 20 on the road...CMU has played a tougher schedule as well.

Will be adding ML and more units if line goes higher.

Hunt if it gets to 3 TD's Michigan I think deserves a look.

---michigan is NOT going to be physically overmatched on defense. NW was and Illinois can't stop the run if their life depended on it. NOW, the thing is, Michigan has been playing like they are overmatched physically on defense in some games this year.

The potential is there for michigan to put up a great outing defensively. Ohio State is only going to run. That's it. I think OSU's oline is underrated, but if you got equal athletes, and you know the run is coming, it aint that hard to defend. PSU did it pretty well, I think Michigan has better tackles and an equal line talent wise as PSU.

Ohio State is pretty straight on. That might favor Michigan. Maybe we could compare Michigan against the run similarly to LSU this year, ungodly amount of DLine talent, but when teams get on the edges on them the linebackers, d-backs are just out of position. We saw the Minnesota game, where Minney right now isn't too diversified, have trouble. Ohio State will have some success running, but Michigan has the potential to keep it down.

---Offensively, I am telling you, the last two weeks Ohio State has been run on. Besieds MSU and PSU they've been weak there entire season. The zone read concerns me. it really does. I think Ohio State could put up an outstanding effort knowing that's what is coming, and the OSU linebackers are very sideline to sideline. But, I also would not be surprised in the least if Michigan got something going, I really wouldn't.

I don't consider emtion in this game because it's always even. But Rich seems to have brought a little more attention to this game with osu blocking sleds in practice, etc. I think the Boren situation is something that can burn in these UM players minds and add something more, if that is possible, then the rivalry already brings. I think it certainly is for Rich Rod.

----I could see an OSU blowout, but man, I think Michigan can keep this close too. Really depends on what Michigan team shows up. I have to think this is their season, and that is more true when your not going to a bowl.

Hunt, I've seen too many Michigan teams that were decided underdogs ruin some seasons for Ohio State. Teams transform in this game. Ohio State has transformed into shit. They slip when they shouldn't, or they just get manhandled out of nowhere.

Hasn't happened uner Tressel, but it never happened to Lloyd either. I'm not capping this in that regard, i'm just saying the POTENTIAL is clearly there, this is a talented Michigan club. Matchup wise I see some things Michigan could potentially have some success with.

Great stuff O-state, I appreciate it.

I am going to wait to see what the line does.

Michigan is not a good football team bro, I understand the rivalry and all that..hell one of the biggest wins of my life was UM +7.5 in 06 at the Shoe..Easy money...BUT...

They are way too young this year, QB play is awful and they regress as the game goes on. Only game they have played and executed for the full 60 minutes is Minnesota.

I agree they are dangeorus when they can execute for the whole game and the QB just has to manage the game, but the inexperience and youth have just killed this team.

Bottom line is, this is the worst UM team I have ever seen.

Central Michigan +6.5...1.10 to win 1 unit

Game is sold out, biggest game in CMU home history..Lefevour looked great last week...this is basically the same two teams as last year with CMU winning by 20 on the road...CMU has played a tougher schedule as well.

Will be adding ML and more units if line goes higher.

Like it. Think we'll see 7? I may lay the 120 on this one if not.

As far as the defense goes...

UM will not be able to decide if TP is gonna run or throw and Beanie will wear them down as game goes on...this team misses more tackles than any UM team I can remember and they take horrible angles on the ball..LBers are too slow and safetys have no football instincts.

Think of UM in happy valley..

plus, Minor isn't 100 percent.

Michigan isn't as bad as your making them out to be. In the sense of record they are horrible but they are not that far off of playing competitive ball. I know it feels like your William and Mary when Northwestern just beat you, but just my opinion.

....06 wasn't easy money bro, that was luck. Ohio State, specifically Doug Datish, handed the cover to UM on a silver platter.

Good luck with whatever you decide

RJ,

I rarely bet MAC games...ever...ask BAR...

last one I did I took CMU at Ford Field in the motor city bowl and it cashed. I actually follow this CMU team a lot...

Where did the line open at bookmaker?

I wanted to lock it in at 6.5 for a unit if it keeps going down..

I personally think it keeps going down.

I will be on CMU first half as well...and probably ML, and over.

As far as the defense goes...

UM will not be able to decide if TP is gonna run or throw and Beanie will wear them down as game goes on...this team misses more tackles than any UM team I can remember and they take horrible angles on the ball..LBers are too slow and safetys have no football instincts.

Think of UM in happy valley..

plus, Minor isn't 100 percent.

It opened at +5.5. I am curious to see if it hits 7. Ball State is more of a public team, so it may.:cheers:

RJ,

I rarely bet MAC games...ever...ask BAR...

last one I did I took CMU at Ford Field in the motor city bowl and it cashed. I actually follow this CMU team a lot...

Where did the line open at bookmaker?

I wanted to lock it in at 6.5 for a unit if it keeps going down..

I personally think it keeps going down.

I will be on CMU first half as well...and probably ML, and over.

Line opened at 5 or 5' and has gone up.

Michigan isn't as bad as your making them out to be. In the sense of record they are horrible but they are not that far off of playing competitive ball. I know it feels like your William and Mary when Northwestern just beat you, but just my opinion.

....06 wasn't easy money bro, that was luck. Ohio State, specifically Doug Datish, handed the cover to UM on a silver platter.

Good luck with whatever you decide

Ok, it wasn't easy money but it cashed. I am not gonna comment on that game anyways..still stings we lost..a lot of things happened in that game that made me mad.

UM is not a good football team. The talent just isn't there, specifically at QB...it's been a very frustrating season as a fan, but it is almost over and Michigan football will be back, I am convinced that we have the right coach.

Let's hope so. I made this a pick em game. Getting a TD for the home dog looks solid.

I am going to give it until tomorrow morning and see. I would love +7 -110, but if not I will probably just play it at -6.5. Pinnacle has it juiced at -6.5 -112, FWIW

I like CMU Wednesday as well, but their defense is my concern. Both offenses will score, but can CMU's defense do just enough so that Lefevour does not have to score every time he takes the field? I don't see CMU slowing down Nate Davis and crew and that worries me.

I like CMU Wednesday as well, but their defense is my concern. Both offenses will score, but can CMU's defense do just enough so that Lefevour does not have to score every time he takes the field? I don't see CMU slowing down Nate Davis and crew and that worries me.

This is why I am taking the over as well..I expect it to be in the low 60's and I will take it. I think CMU's d will be fine. They play much better at home...I think they will make just enough stops to get the cover... They (defense) really played a decent game last week, and got fucked by the onsides kicks...They have faced some good qb's this year, so Nate Davis isn't a new phenomenon for them imo.

Thanks Aztec..gl to you as well bro.

MSU is kinda sexy VK...we just need a cover.

Added: Ohio State -20 at -120 to win 2 units

This is going to be ugly imo. Rich rod will get a taste of what the rivalry is about in this one. This UM team is just not a good team and OSU's line is gelling and getting better every week.

Minor IS starting...BUT Sheridan is playing.

Sheridan in the Shoe is vastly different than Sheridan going to the friendly confines of the Metrodome.

THis comes down to mistakes, inexperience and bad qb play..all of which have killed UM the majority of the year.

Hunt, you've already locked in CMU but I'll just give my point of view. I think I've been involved in 3/4 of the MAC games during the week for the last few weeks and I've been waiting for this game because matchup-wise, its bad for CMU. Real bad. Last week I had CMU ML and had to weather that shit storm that was almost the biggest Moose of the year, I'll give them a pass for getting up early and turning off the engine only to have it almost bite them in the ass. One thing I have noticed about CMU and its been blatant in every game they've played lately, their secondary is HORRIBLE. Its pitiful, its bad, its terrible, its awful. And they had a starter go down in the secondary at the end of the NIU game. Nate Davis is going to eat these kids for lunch and dinner. LeFevour looked good last week but he came up limping on the last offensive series of the game for CMU. Yea, Brunner has performed well when given the chance to play but in this type of game, Id want to know LeFevour is going and is close to 100% because of what he can do with his legs..He has been battling this ankle injury for nearly a month now and if it flared back up last week, thats not good news. I don't know if he is even hurt but I know I saw him come up limping on the last offensive play before the field goal. You made the right move grabbing this line early though and I will have to wait it out for the home-dog money to come in but I believe Ball St wins this game by 10-13 points. They are better team, no question in my mind. Yes, you have to respect the 2x defending MAC champs in CMU, yes they beat them by 20 last year but these are not the same teams and CMU defense is horrible, particularly the pass defense and Nate Davis is the best QB on the field in this game. Its also senior day for CMU and I am aware of that. Again, I want to play BSU but I will wait because I think this line comes down to 5-5.5 before kickoff. Health on this one.

Hunt, you've already locked in CMU but I'll just give my point of view. I think I've been involved in 3/4 of the MAC games during the week for the last few weeks and I've been waiting for this game because matchup-wise, its bad for CMU. Real bad. Last week I had CMU ML and had to weather that shit storm that was almost the biggest Moose of the year, I'll give them a pass for getting up early and turning off the engine only to have it almost bite them in the ass. One thing I have noticed about CMU and its been blatant in every game they've played lately, their secondary is HORRIBLE. Its pitiful, its bad, its terrible, its awful. And they had a starter go down in the secondary at the end of the NIU game. Nate Davis is going to eat these kids for lunch and dinner. LeFevour looked good last week but he came up limping on the last offensive series of the game for CMU. Yea, Brunner has performed well when given the chance to play but in this type of game, Id want to know LeFevour is going and is close to 100% because of what he can do with his legs..He has been battling this ankle injury for nearly a month now and if it flared back up last week, thats not good news. I don't know if he is even hurt but I know I saw him come up limping on the last offensive play before the field goal. You made the right move grabbing this line early though and I will have to wait it out for the home-dog money to come in but I believe Ball St wins this game by 10-13 points. They are better team, no question in my mind. Yes, you have to respect the 2x defending MAC champs in CMU, yes they beat them by 20 last year but these are not the same teams and CMU defense is horrible, particularly the pass defense and Nate Davis is the best QB on the field in this game. Its also senior day for CMU and I am aware of that. Again, I want to play BSU but I will wait because I think this line comes down to 5-5.5 before kickoff. Health on this one.

Hate being against you bro..I just think the intangibles are there for a CMU cover in this one. CMU has been in many dogfights this year, but has BSU? I don't think they have and imo it is going to be a dogfight.

It is supposed to be Cloudy and windy for the game...20mph winds with a chance of snow as well...

I like the over, I feel it is way too low, but know I know why.

Still debating it.

Orange, Thanks man, too bad I don't have an account there.

I think a lot of people are still riding BSU from the last two weeks of impressive showing on national TV and CMU's close call last week..so we will see what the line does.

Added:

CMU/Ball St. O59.5 at -103 for 2 units

two shitty defenses, decent weather, 2 good qb's make for a great over.

GL.

bol this week hunt...

OhioState-PottyTraining.jpg

Back