Week 13 in P12 FWIW

jimmymo

Beer and Betting Belong Together
Sweepness on 3 plays last week.......now 23-12 ytd...........Huge, huge week in the P12, with the two big dogs going on the road to AZ and laying big numbers......will providing quick thoughts on all games below, although have only pulled trigger on one

UCLA +14 @ usc........2 units.........the score of last week's Utah/UCLA game was much worse than it should have been.....Utah picked up some key TOs that really killed UCLA and took all the wind from their sails.....UCLA's first three drives of the game were actually pretty solid and had me concerned (two FG attempts and a INT in Utah territory)......the big changing point to me was the fumble return for a TD that put Utah up 21-3.....UCLA just folded after that and things went from bad to worse.......my gut tells me that the UCLA offense can do enough to keep up with USC....

Arizona State +14 (-120) v. Oregon......1 unit....waiting and watching line...may add more

Stanford PK v. Cal........1 unit....gut feeling here. but do think it is the right side...LFG

Regarding the Utah and Oregon games, the one HUGE question is whether the weasel Larry Scott will have the P12 officials protecting Oregon and Utah in hopes of getting one of them to the playoffs........more applicable to the Oregon/ASU game, but something to consider

Last edited:
I scroll down the lines a couple times a day and each time I come to the UCLA-SC game I keep thinking UCLA is the side. Just haven't seen if it makes sense yet. Good to see you think it does!

Thx fellas......best of luck to you guys as well.... been a nuts week (too much cbb action the last couple of days).....some other thoughts....may be pulling trigger on one or more

Washington -14 @ Colorado.........Buffs pesky at home...should have beaten USC a few weeks back....I don't think think this is going to be a blowout, but do think the UW defense is improving and REALLY played well at Oregon State....off a bye week and very healthy, I have a strong lean to the UW but this is certainly no slam dunk

Stanford -2 v. Cal......trendy side feels like Cal here, but I lean the other way, even though Costello is out and Garbers apparently questionable....I have not had time to really dig in on QB and other injuries, so this is just a soft gut lean

Utah -23 @ Arizona......Cats didn't look too bad against Oregon, especially the D (which has been horrible).....but I have said it before and will say it again, Utah is the class of the P12 and still being a bit under-rated....I do worry about them truly extending to a 30 point lead (in my opinion, you have to feel like your team can get 7+ in front of the number to lay this kind of number), but there is only one side here........Utes or nothing....and I will probably paly this

Arizona State +13 1/2 v. Oregon..........I have a feeling that this will be a BATTLE.....I do really like ASU here and will almost certainly be on them.....waiting to see what the line will do right before the game.....going to probably bite with a small bet buying up to 14 at -120 and then wait and see........

Wazzu -10 1/2 v. Oregon State.....another game where I feel like i am fading the trending side....I think WSU's offense is borderline unstoppable against mediocre or less defenses....and that is what OSU has, even though they looked OK against the UW two weeks ago (but had a lot to do with an off-night from UW, even though they rolled up 420 yards, they couldn't get the points).........Wazzu or nothing for me......46 - 27 Cougars.....

GL today degens......time is running short on the season and it feels like it just started....

Making ASU a play

Arizona State +14 (-120) v. Oregon......1 unit....waiting and watching line...may add

Good Thoughts on Utah/UCLA last week. 100% agree that the fumble was the turning point.

My biggest concern with Utah and that number is them pulling Huntley and Moss in the 4th if they have a big lead. I think it could be close in the first half.

Thanks Utes....kind of agree on Utah.......gotta think they need to be up 30+ to feel comfy and that is a huge task on the road....

Adding................

Stanford PK v. Cal........1 unit....gut feeling here. but do think it is the right side...LFG

Back