-week 12 ncaaf-

broadwayjoe

May 5Dimes MLB 2nd place
ytd: +2.95

got lucky with the big utah hit last week, split my other plays and gave some back with some losing moneylines. all in all it's been a rough year...hopefully i can gain some momentum to take into bowl season

Miami OH +20 (-115)

Ball State/Miami OH UNDER 54.5

Kent State ML +115

CMU/N Illinois OVER 48.5

Buffalo/Akron UNDER 58.5

Va Tech +4.5/ML +170

Michigan -3

Wake Forest -3.5

Utah State +13/ML

ECU +2.5

South Carolina +21

Illinois +10

SJSU +15/ML

GL:cheers:

Utah State? Utah State ML?!?! Please, please explain. Louisiana Tech has everything in the world to play for. They win this, they become bowl eligable for the first time in...forever? Not to mention, they've been playing lights out defensively lately (allowing 100 yards rushing/game and give up an average of 58 yards rushing/game at home - that's 2nd best in the NATION). Last season, LT beat Utah State by 10, at Utah State, and the Bulldogs are definitely an improved team this season. Situationally, it's a great spot for the Bulldogs.

On top of all that, Utah State has to travel all the way across the country for the second straight week, after getting thrashed and beat up by Boise State 14-49 last week. The Aggies are not a good football team...at all. Horrible spot for a team with little to play for at this point. Utah State has been outscored 79-216 on the road this year...and I see that scoring disparity trend continuing this week. In every road game this year when they've been held under 100 yards rushing, the Aggies have lost by 42, 23, 27 & 35 points. That does not bode well for Utah State at all.

Again, I'd love to hear your reasoning on this one.

GL on the rest bro.

:shake:

Last edited:
Utah State? Utah State ML?!?! Please, please explain. Louisiana Tech has everything in the world to play for. They win this, they become bowl eligable for the first time in...forever? Not to mention, they've been playing lights out defensively lately (allowing 100 yards rushing/game and give up an average of 58 yards rushing/game at home - that's 2nd best in the NATION). Last season, LT beat Utah State by 10, at Utah State, and the Bulldogs are definitely an improved team this season. Situationally, it's a great spot for the Bulldogs.

On top of all that, Utah State has to travel all the way across the country for the second straight week, after getting thrashed and beat up by Boise State 14-49 last week. The Aggies are not a good football team...at all. Horrible spot for a team with little to play for at this point. Utah State has been outscored 79-216 on the road this year...and I see that scoring disparity trend continuing this week. In every road game this year when they've been held under 100 yards rushing, the Aggies have lost by 42, 23, 27 & 35 points. That does not bode well for Utah State at all.

Again, I'd love to hear your reasoning on this one.

GL on the rest bro.

usu is awful. no question. and i actually like this la tech team and agree that they have improved. that being said, i don't see how in the world they're favored by 13. la tech's offense is putrid. utah state is a bad team, but they always find a way to score points.

that 100 yard state for usu is fine, but we're talking about oregon, sj state, nevada, and boise, all of which were a lot different matchups and all of which are significantly better (boise and oregon you have to just throw out imo -- huge talent gap) with the exception of sj state, and we can easily explain what happened in the sj state/la tech game. different situation and even personnel than when usu played em. i think you have to put latech on the same plane as unlv, hawaii, fresno -- or even below that plane. all three of these games usu played competitively. in 2 out of 3 of those games, they rushed for 130 and 140 yards...not a huge step up from 100.

are they bad on the road? yes, they're bad period. but i think relying on road stats here is a mistake. the road vs home level of competition has been just so much greater for usu.

latech is great vs the run, but there are definite holes against the pass imo. they are a different team home/away for sure, but i'd say they have two wins that are impressive. fresno, miss st. both teams are pretty much one dimensional running football teams. so is sj state without reed, who didn't start the game and when he played was ineffective because of a back injury. his replacement threw two picks, one returned for a td and one deep in their territory for 2 of the 3 tds. sj state's passing scheme is grossly flawed imo as well. the offensive production for la tech in that game is skewed because sjsu could only get i think 6 first downs -- entirely one dimensional.

any team that loses to army should not be laying 13 points to anyone. if you can lose to army, you can lose to anyone. i don't know how you can be "up" to play utah state. they have two more opportunities to get bowl eligible after this, and probably think they can just show up and get a win, and they're probably right.

i think utah state sees this as a winnable game to a team that has a shot at making a bowl..that's something to play for. they have another winnable game ahead as well so they could possibly win 3 out of their last 4 taking a big step for the program and momentum for next year for a lot of new faces that guy has brought in.

simply not 13 pts better imo. i put this line at 9.5

i'll have a little more on this one later, but wanted to give you a quick response to your post

OK, your play makes a little more sense now. However...since you pointed out the two INTs which led to TDs, I feel the need to mention that LT had not one, but two kick returns for TDs called back by penalties, at least one of which was bogus. So, they could've easily won that game 35-0, a game where they dominated every phase...just scope out the boxscore. IMO, they not only have the defensive edge against Utah St, but the Special Teams edge as well. Offensively, you're right, they aren't anything special...but they have, without question, the superior rushing attack, averaging roughly 200 yards/game on the ground. Utah State gives up 175 yards/game rushing. It's just not a good matchup for them. And to address your Army comment...they're extremely stout against the run...have been all year. That's the primary reason LT lost that game. You cannot compare Army, who I believe would beat Utah State by 10+, to the Aggies...just completely different teams.

If you're already on the Aggies, good health bud. I never like backing bad teams, even if they find ways to score points at times. Situationally and Statistically, it's a great spot for LT, and a horrible spot for Utah State.

aztec, yeah i know they dominated that game. i was more or less explaining the reason behind their offensive "dominance" and how it is a little skewed. if you have nearly every possession a 3 and out, i would hope your offense gets going a bit. if the defense scores and puts you at the opposing team's 21 yard line, i would hope that you would be able to score 2 offensive tds.

completely disagree that army would beat utah st by 10+, so i guess that we just see these three teams a little differently. army is just god awful, and no matter the matchup or the circumstance...a good or even decent team should not lose to them. if you're playing army -- you force army to matchup to you. i also feel those stats against the run for utah state a little skewed, like most of their stats are due to the level of competition and the styles they've faced. la tech hasn't had a walk in the park sos by any means, but utah state's sos has ranked in or near the top 10 throughout most of this year.

i know you said you don't like to bet on bad teams, but imo you're laying 13 with one. i think you will agree that utah state gets in the double digits at the very least. so how many points do you expect out of tech? obviously there's always a good case against a team like usu, but i think this is a good spot for them motivationally. i don't like the travel, but besides that, i just don't think there is much of a situational edge for tech. again, how can you be jacked up to play utah state? you can't be.

good banter bud; you were right on houston/baltimore on sunday after we talked about it, and i've been seeing cfb a lot worse this year than the nfl so i like your chances haha -- you are arguing with someone that took tulane moneyline last week, so i wouldn't worry too much about it lol

haha kyle, i got nothing compared to what has been said in your thread...after reading your thread it's one of the plays i'm most nervous about.

in short, my reasoning was:

- i thought i was getting a good number..thought the 3.5 was on the move, and that obviously isn't the case

- the better coach

- the better qb

- a defense that is excellent at creating turnovers - which is usually necessary for big road wins, but i have since learned how well nc state does at hanging on to the ball

- better special teams - depends on swank status

- huge motivational edge having an inside track on the conference with a win here

- a ground game that's been more effective over the past 3 games

- quotes that implied confidence and positive attitudes, but also desperation for this win

after reading some of the comments in your thread, it appears that i'm underestimating nc state. i've had a good read on wake all year -- didn't think they were deservedly ranked, thought they were overrated, etc..but played them against virginia for the first time and i think they finish strong because of their leadership and still being able to accomplish some goals.

For whatever reason , i kind of follow the utah state team and i am not going to lie .. i sort of cheer for them. guilty pleasure and i sport the avatar for them hehe.

i think utah state is deserving of a look in this spot. team has been steadily improving all year long and has really played some decent football the last few weeks. latech is averaging just 13 first downs offensively over the last 3 games since jenkins has taken over the team from bennett after the idaho game.

realize that latech plays a much better game down in ruston and it is definitely the ahrdest wac travel situation outside of hawaii but this seems like maybe too may points for an anemic offense against a team that is hard to get up for.

not for me but worth a look anyway i think.

well in addition to what's in o-state's post, i think baylor has been a pretty damn good team all year. they're in a conference that is just a monster, but the two times they've been favored they've blown out their opponents, and they've had a couple great games as dogs winning as 12 pt dogs to uconn and taking missouri and nebraska to the wire. i really like griffin; kid is going to make baylor a good bet for a couple of years imo...he will be undoubtedly the best player on the field today. they'll be able to run all over this tamu team, and it'll be very refreshing to see tamu's passing offense compared to some of the passing offenses baylor has faced so far this year. also, tamu has a tackle and two wideouts that are questionable coming into this game, so at the very least had limited reps this week. just don't see them being motivated enough to keep up here, as i think baylor has a good shot of getting into the 40s. this tamu squad is just very bad imo. think they'll have to catch a lot of breaks to have a chance to win

i saw ostate's write up and pushed me over. i agree with your with what you wrote. my biggest concern at first was the passing of tam. i agree about griffin, a talent to watch and at home.. thanks for the response.. bol today..

a fumble, an int, and a blocked punt are the only reason why ohio state is even winning this game...ill pretty much moving the ball at will here, and actually containing pryor and beanie better than i had thought they would. i will be on illinois 2h line when it comes out.

also adding:

Penn State 2h -17 +105

actually very tempted to take the other two home big 10 teams at half michigan -2 and iowa -9...some good value there, but layin off. michigan 2h actually opened at -.5

Kentucky 2h -3.5 -105

i've never seen a team get dominated like kentucky did in the 1h. couldn't get off the field. take a look at the boxscore and subtract about 20 yards from a fake punt. 48-15 plays in the 1h. they only scored after several vandy penalties and a blocked fg. one guy has single handedly destroyed them on the outside and with an interception on the other side of the ball. two drives for vandy kept alive by roughing the kicker. all that being said, they get the ball in the 2h and could make this a 10 point game against a vandy team i don't respect at all. good enough for me

Back