Week 12: Illibuck week

Marsski

MAC Marvel
68-57, +10.81

Ah yes, sports fans it's the annual battle for the wooden turtle replica, known as the Illibuck, in Columbus this week. The Fighting Illini are catching 38.5...if it goes up above 40 I might bite...

Major showdown in Akron on Tuesday night. It's do or die for the Bobcattians with the MAC East on the line. No line out yet as I guess the last week's starting QB suspension by Akron has em gunshy. I would anticipate Ohio laying a TD or more.

Played a wong teaser with Wisky & Iowa, both at home. I think Wisky will get exposed in the Big Ten Championship but I think they match up pretty good with Michigan. Iowa in Kinnick and way too physical for Purdue.

Week 12 card:

Tuesday
Ohio Bobcats TT Over 32.5 to win 1 unit (-120)
Ohio U. -9.5 2H to win 1 unit (-120)

Wednesday
Western TT Over 21 to win 1 unit (-120)
Toledo 2H -8.5 to win half unit

Thursday
Buffalo TT Over 38.5 to win 1 unit (-120)

Saturday

E Carolina/Cincinnati OV 64.5 to win 1 unit
Fresno St PICK to win 1 unit
K State +21 to win 1 unit
Fighting Illini +41 to win half unit

Iowa -7 to win 1 unit (-120)
UAB +10.5 to win 1 unit
NC State Wolfpack +2 to win 1 unit

ML: Clemson Tigers BB (vs Ohio U.)/Buffalo/USC/Iowa State/Messy St (All FB) 1 unit to win 1.21

Wong teaser: Wisky -1.5/Iowa -2.5 to win 1 unit
Wongish teaser: Ohio U. -6.5/Iowa State -2.5 to win 1 unit (-120)

(77-63 +12.12)

Last edited:
Ohio U bet up to 13...no thanks...will probably be on the TT the way the offense is playing....all of the MAC spreads are begging for dog $....not sure I have the balls to take these bad teams though...Lean EMU for sure but they burned me last week...

ADD:

Fresno St PICK to win 1 unit

K State +21 to win 1 unit

I think I've had E Carolina game Over or opponent TT over just about every week...

ADD:

E Carolina/Cincinnati OV 64.5 to win 1 unit

Yeah, I see the OU line has spiked to 14.5 after dipping earlier today. Man that is pricey. 3 weeks ago I couldn't wait to bet this game, hoped OU might be small road fav, but then they blew Toledo out and Woodson is in question and it is over 2 TDs. Alot on the line for both, winner take all just about for the East. Almost has me thinking of taking a shot on Akron just because of where the line is. Think they are certainly the inferior team however.

Think I might take a flier on Kent St. I was going to go to the game with a buddy but starting to feel a little sick and want to try and nip that.

One of the few times anyone would say this, but I think Kent O might be able to move it and maybe score a little in this game. 17 might be a sucker number, well it worked on me. Too high I think.

Good luck on your OU team total.

Yeah, I see the OU line has spiked to 14.5 after dipping earlier today. Man that is pricey. 3 weeks ago I couldn't wait to bet this game, hoped OU might be small road fav, but then they blew Toledo out and Woodson is in question and it is over 2 TDs. Alot on the line for both, winner take all just about for the East. Almost has me thinking of taking a shot on Akron just because of where the line is. Think they are certainly the inferior team however.

Think I might take a flier on Kent St. I was going to go to the game with a buddy but starting to feel a little sick and want to try and nip that.

One of the few times anyone would say this, but I think Kent O might be able to move it and maybe score a little in this game. 17 might be a sucker number, well it worked on me. Too high I think.

Good luck on your OU team total.

Right on, brother. Good bet

I took Kent +10 first half that lost, but did hit the Kent TT already in the first half and game over already in the bank. Kent TT was the big play so can't lose money on that game even it Kent doesn't cover the 17.

Ohio -10 2nd half I'm on it!

Ohio -4 essentially for the game...I would make that bet every single time. Can't believe that Akron team is likely going to play for a MAC Title! Ohio blows Toledo out. Toledo blows Akron out. Go figure. That's why you play the games. I'll say one thing, Woodson doesn't need to worry about coming back. It's Nelson's time now.

Glad you got the TT Ov marsski!

Ohio -4 essentially for the game...I would make that bet every single time. Can't believe that Akron team is likely going to play for a MAC Title! Ohio blows Toledo out. Toledo blows Akron out. Go figure. That's why you play the games. I'll say one thing, Woodson doesn't need to worry about coming back. It's Nelson's time now.

Glad you got the TT Ov marsski!

Yeah, hard to even think about what it would be like to be Frank right now. This was our year.
Not going to dwell but we haven't won a conference title since 1968. And we woulda whipped Toledo's ass.

Well you can always hope for the Wagon Wheel upset.

As good as Kent played for the first 3 qrts yesterday, the 4th qrt has to be demoralizing for them. But you never know. Atleast OU still has a sliver of a chance, but sucks not controlling your own destiny and having to rely on one of the worst teams in football to pull and upset.

Well you can always hope for the Wagon Wheel upset.

As good as Kent played for the first 3 qrts yesterday, the 4th qrt has to be demoralizing for them. But you never know. Atleast OU still has a sliver of a chance, but sucks not controlling your own destiny and having to rely on one of the worst teams in football to pull and upset.

Ugh, Kent. You never know in the Old Wagon Wheel but I don't exactly have my hopes up.

Bought the half point. Iowa at home is for real. I don't think Purdue can move the ball much on them....

ADD:

Iowa -7 to win 1 unit (-120)

Is that all you have tonight? You have faith in Goddard and don't fear the NIU D?

I kind of like Miami Oh. EM has been super solid up til last week. So want to figure they are better team than that result gave us. But the stated goal of back-to-back bowls is gone now. Think they still show up and compete. I have probably been higher on Miami than some. Should shape up to be a pretty good game. Mia favored less than FG has me interested.

Want to take BG, but am scared of the Toledo O doing alot of damage. Not confirmed but seeing Swason is doubtful. I think I'm just a big of a sucker for BG's O and the rivalry dog aspect. And maybe I'm too hung up on last year's close game.

Is that all you have tonight? You have faith in Goddard and don't fear the NIU D?

I kind of like Miami Oh. EM has been super solid up til last week. So want to figure they are better team than that result gave us. But the stated goal of back-to-back bowls is gone now. Think they still show up and compete. I have probably been higher on Miami than some. Should shape up to be a pretty good game. Mia favored less than FG has me interested.

Want to take BG, but am scared of the Toledo O doing alot of damage. Not confirmed but seeing Swason is doubtful. I think I'm just a big of a sucker for BG's O and the rivalry dog aspect. And maybe I'm too hung up on last year's close game.

Well, how good do you think NIU is on defense? Ball Fucking State had a pair of long TD drives against them last week when the starters were still in and Toledo who was shut down by the Bobcats hung 27 on them. EMU is no offensive juggernaut and they had 27 as well. I think Goddard well settle in this week, its his third start so could be big improvement. With their potent run game he really doesn't need to do that much....hit the TE a few times, run some bootleg, hit a few crossing routes. I like Western to get to 17 or 20 for certain and I just need 21 for a push.

I don't really like Miami, but with Ragland back they have mojo. I kind of think that's a defensive battle so I lean under & EMU in that kind of game. I don't think I'll play it though as EMU burned me last week.

That is a big rivalry game but BG's D is so atrocious. That game to me is an OVER or a no play. Right now, I'm thinking may try to get OVER at a reduced rate @ halftime...

I just wasn't really in love with much tonight and I didn't want to force it just because it was MACtion....

Yeah, I'm looking over in Toledo - BG as well. Toledo O bounceback expected and Buff had good success last week, Rockets should do as good or better. Not sure Toledo D is all that great, so BG should be able to do some things as well.

Guess I'm not sure what to expect in terms of score out of the WM-NIU game.

Think all 3 games are fairly compelling matchups. Will surely be a halftime opportunity somewhere! Good luck tonight!

Yeah, I'm looking over in Toledo - BG as well. Toledo O bounceback expected and Buff had good success last week, Rockets should do as good or better. Not sure Toledo D is all that great, so BG should be able to do some things as well.

Guess I'm not sure what to expect in terms of score out of the WM-NIU game.

Think all 3 games are fairly compelling matchups. Will surely be a halftime opportunity somewhere! Good luck tonight!

:cheers3:

*Can't lose ML parlay multi-sport

ML: Clemson Tigers BB vs Ohio U./Buffalo/USC/Iowa State/Messy St (All FB) 1 unit to win 1.21

*Will lose

Other leans, possible Saturday adds....

Illini TT over....if it comes 6 or 6.5 I might take it...
Army ML...need to find out more about N Texas vs triple option
LSU/Tenny over 45...Is Tenny D really that bad?
Arizona TT over...if it comes 35 I'll be on it for sure...I've been on it a bunch already....

Back