Week 12 Blitz

BlitzBandit

Friend of CTG
well, last couple of months have been pretty rough as my mom had been pretty sick for awhile. She past away on the 13th and I haven't been around the site much since then... anyway, I don't really want to turn this into a downer thread and I don't want to use any excuses for my bad run the last 4 or 5 weeks, but at the same time, I also wanted to bring it up so people can know to tail me cautiously.... and I also haven't updated my record, but I will once I get a chance...

anyway,

so far today:

Houston @ Cleveland OVER 50

3.3 to win 3

Three weeks in a row, Cleveland has allowed at least 27 points while the Texans have scored at least 27 points in six of their last eight games.... Cleveland ranks 28th against the run giving up 149 yards per game. In their last six games, the Browns have allowed over 180 yards four times. The other two teams ran for 113 and 123 yards... and those are both teams that have had problems running the ball (Jacksonville and Denver).

On the flip, Houston has allowed more points than every team except St. Louis and Detroit. Only two offenses have failed to score at least 3 TDs against the Texans and the Browns are starting to put things together offensively. They've scored 23 plus points four games in a row, and they've scored 30 and 29 points in Brady Quinn's two starts.

NY Jets @ Tennessee UNDER 40.5

3.3 to win 3

These teams met late last season (although a lot has changed since then), and the Titans escaped with a 10-6 win over a Jets team completing a 4-12 season. They also played here two years ago (a 23-16 Jets win), and that was a Titans defense that turned out to be one of the worst in the league... gotta go with the numbers here.. I figure if those games didn't go over 40, it be hard to see this one do it with the way Tennessee plays defense this year. Plus I see the Jets still in a high after New England.

will add as I go..

gl to all..

Hey Blitz - curious to hear your thoughts on the Gints. I'm on AZ, think it's a let down here, back to SB venue, 3 division games upcoming...

gl today

two doggie spreads I'm taking a chance with on in the early games...

Chicago Bears @ St. Louis +8

3.3 to win 3

and

Houston +3 @ Cleveland

3.3 to win 3

NY Jets @ Tennessee UNDER 40.5

3.3 to win 3

These teams met late last season (although a lot has changed since then), and the Titans escaped with a 10-6 win over a Jets team completing a 4-12 season. They also played here two years ago (a 23-16 Jets win), and that was a Titans defense that turned out to be one of the worst in the league... gotta go with the numbers here.. I figure if those games didn't go over 40, it be hard to see this one do it with the way Tennessee plays defense this year. Plus I see the Jets still in a high after New England.

will add as I go..

gl to all..

Nashville Native?

First, I am sorry for your loss.

Second, I was at that Jets/Titans game last year, and it will not be the same type game as today IMO.
1) No Farve, who leads to points for both teams
2) Titans W last year gave them playoff birth, so played overly cautious
3) VY was at QB and made some horrible decisions
4) It was very cold and windy (obvously wind much more of a factor)
5) Today it is a beautiful warm sunny day.

I am seening the over here, but I am also terrible at totals, so health to you.

:cheers:

Hey Blitz - curious to hear your thoughts on the Gints. I'm on AZ, think it's a let down here, back to SB venue, 3 division games upcoming...

gl today

seems like a sucker bet to me... and could be a good one...

tough to underestimate Warner, Fitzgerald and Boldin right now. Warner will eat his share of sacks, but betting against him right now probably isn't too wise and then when you consider that the G-Men's weakness on defense (if any) is the secondary.. I think it's capable of allowing some big plays if Warner gets a bit of time to throw...

On the flip, the Cardinals rank No. 8 against the run and have allowed only one team to go over 84 yards against them at home all season.. with that said, it's tough not to think the Giants can't run on em' for 100 plus yards the way the have been playing this year, but with Jacobs limpy, the Cards tough against the run, and the Giants possibly up for a 'dragging' type game, this could be a good formula for a Cards upset... not sure it happens though.

Nashville Native?

First, I am sorry for your loss.

Second, I was at that Jets/Titans game last year, and it will not be the same type game as today IMO.
1) No Farve, who leads to points for both teams
2) Titans W last year gave them playoff birth, so played overly cautious
3) VY was at QB and made some horrible decisions
4) It was very cold and windy (obvously wind much more of a factor)
5) Today it is a beautiful warm sunny day.

I am seening the over here, but I am also terrible at totals, so health to you.

:cheers:

first, thanks for the condolences...

as for the game... great points and obviously some things I definitely didn't look into... but I still think Favre could be up for more ints than tds in this one. They have not played a single team ranked in the top 10 defensively yet... today they will... and considering they have put up over 26 pts the last 4 weeks in a row, I think 40 pts is pretty low making you want to jump on the OVER... so I won't... good health.

early games updated:

Houston @ Cleveland OVER 50 (3.3 to win 3)

NY Jets @ Tennessee UNDER 40.5 (3.3 to win 3)

Chicago Bears @ St. Louis +8 (3.3 to win 3)

Houston +3 @ Cleveland (3.3 to win 3)

New England @ Miami UNDER 42.5 (3.3 to win 3)

sorry for your loss blitz, lost my dad last year right around this time.

like the houston play, not much of a totals person. Gl today. :shake:

Thoughts on your Bears/Rams play?

just relying on the Bears being able to run well and not have to pass as much... that should lead to less points... On the flip, Chicago has been soft at times against the pass (ranked 30th).... only Seattle and San Diego are allowing more passing yards... so I can see St. Louis keeping up with whatever points Chicago tries to put up here mainly because I don't think it will have to be too many for Chicago to just win the game. Plus Chicago has a big game lined up next week against Minny that they are probably already eyeing on.

sorry for your loss blitz, lost my dad last year right around this time.

like the houston play, not much of a totals person. Gl today. :shake:

like BC said... it's the toughest loss of the year... :shake:

not usually a totals person myself, but I'm gonna give a go this week and see how I do... gl.

Good lord, I feel like a schmuck - I didn't even read your opening paragraph.

My condolences, I can't even imagine...

Sorry for your loss, Blitz.

If you're looking at totals, how about that under in Baltimore?

Good luck today.

thanks Joe...

I was liking that Under early on, but ended up swaying away before digging deeper into things...

I like that the Eagles are ranked 11th against the run and honestly, I feel they are better than that... they got beat up by the Giants and Washington (but so has almost everyone else)... and they gave up a 100 yard performance to Frank Gore, but in their other seven games, no team has rushed for more than 86 yards against them... and those opponents have combined for just one rushing touchdown... so even though Baltimore runs well, I think there's a pretty good chance they struggle today on the ground... and honestly, I personally think it's possible things can start going downhill for them with the remaining three NFC East teams, and Pittsburgh still to play in the next 5 weeks. I guess the UNDER still would have to be the play when you consider both teams could struggle to move the ball, but I actually feel your Eagles may be a better play.

gl today bud, and thanks again for the condolences

Good lord, I feel like a schmuck - I didn't even read your opening paragraph.

My condolences, I can't even imagine...

you schmuck!... haha.. just kidding bud, it's all good... I sometimes don't read every thread word for word either... thanks.. and gl

hang in there BB..losing your mom is something that's very difficult:shake:

lean a few myself

gl today amigo:cheers:

well... I remember now why I don't bet totals...

0-3 on totals, 1-1 on spreads, 1-4 overall.... pretty good fade stuff right now

We on opposite side of both ... although im sure you wouldnt be too mad if the boys win by 30???

G/L bud :cheers:

being opposite of me on both is probably a good thing for you right now...

and yes... I'll be pissed if I lose more money regardless if my heart is screaming GO GIANTS inside... haha.

Back