Week 11 What Are We Learning

Big time job from Mario or thats what we will be told only losing by 7 to FSU when in reality this is loss number four already and he's fully proven that he can't coach. Must be nice having a bunch of friends on the BOT to pay this total loser 8 million a year.

Allar is very inaccurate. When he did have open receivers he missed them. The one he completed that led to their td b4 half was just an incredible catch by wr. Pass was off. Might be the reason their offense play calling is so conservative.

Oh wasnt impressed by Michigan at all. But who the hell is impressive this year.

When are INT/fumble return people going to cross the line completely before releasing the ball. It should be taught, you don't drop the ball until you are out of the back of the end zone.

Last edited:
That's weird on Fisher as Brent Zwerneman of the Houston Chronicle was reporting late last week that he'd be given another year. And Zwerneman is pretty tied into the program. Not tied in enough I guess.

The $76MM is a big nut, no doubt. But I think it's like 1/4 up front and the remaining piece over multiple years / annuities. So a bit easier to swallow. This does suck as Jim's pressers are pure gold and anyone playing A&M would love to see him around another year.

Reactions: KJ
That's weird on Fisher as Brent Zwerneman of the Houston Chronicle was reporting late last week that he'd be given another year. And Zwerneman is pretty tied into the program. Not tied in enough I guess.

The $76MM is a big nut, no doubt. But I think it's like 1/4 up front and the remaining piece over multiple years / annuities. So a bit easier to swallow. This does suck as Jim's pressers are pure gold and anyone playing A&M would love to see him around another year.
I just find it bizarre that they did it a day after they hung a fittyburger in a conference game.

Jimbo was fading at the end of his tenure at FSU so that deal never made any sense. When are these schools going to show some financial discipline with outs in these deals. Its amazing how much money some of these non Saban coaches are getting; really its embarrassing seeing guys with .500 or so career records getting upwards of 8 million a year.

I'm not sure Fisher can talk himself out of anything as you can only understand every 4th word see says. It's warp speed out of his mouth. It's comedic gold and will be missed.
I can see him as the OC for Miami which would be just the latest blunder for that program. Petrino on the other hand should have lots of offers.

There aren't many schools that have consistently screwed up hiring football coaches more than A&M so I wouldn't trust them to get it right this time either.

- I'll never understand the neutral zone offsides penalty. Take a look where you're lined up, fellas. Simple.
- Being aggressive is one thing. Being stupid is another. You listening, Sarkisian?
- Speaking of stupid, table for 1 for Mr. Peanut.
- Yeah, the chasing of points continues to be moronic.
- Seems like Georgia, Michigan, Oregon and everyone else. Can't say enough about Alabama and it is right on the cusp with those 3 along with Ohio St. Horns are a top 10 team, and that's it. Nothing more. And now with Brooks likely gone for the season that's really the case.

- I'll never understand the neutral zone offsides penalty. Take a look where you're lined up, fellas. Simple.
- Being aggressive is one thing. Being stupid is another. You listening, Sarkisian?
- Seems like Georgia, Michigan, Oregon and everyone else. Can't say enough about Alabama and it is right on the cusp with those 3 along with Ohio St. Horns are a top 10 team, and that's it. Nothing more. And now with Brooks likely gone for the season that's really the case.
You aren't even considering Washington in your top teams? I fully expect them to lose a rematch with Oregon if it happens but the fact still remains that they are undefeated and beat the Ducks. Penix is certifiably top 2 in Heisman voting right now.

Jimbo was fading at the end of his tenure at FSU so that deal never made any sense. When are these schools going to show some financial discipline with outs in these deals. Its amazing how much money some of these non Saban coaches are getting; really its embarrassing seeing guys with .500 or so career records getting upwards of 8 million a year.
I guess it’s who you know………

Crazy when you look at the very public information of payroll for state employees just how much football coaches are paid. Basketball too. I understand that they will forever drive way more revenue than the next state employees but the percentages are staggering.

When are INT/fumble return people going to cross the line completely before releasing the ball. It should be taught, you don't drop the ball until you are out of the back of the end zone.
I remembered some very well known WR for Oklahoma st I think. He went on to play for the Cowboys……..was it Dez Bryant?

He did same shit……I had them for 1Q or 1H…..but I know the fuker cost me money……I was watching the game and was like yes…..TD and then he dropped it before he crossed the goal line………

Yup, Brooks done for the year with a torn ACL. Huge loss. 1,100+ rushing yards this season.

The non safety call in the Miami vs FSU game was quite something.
Obviously wrong and should gave been reversed, but no reason to think it mattered. FSU had to punt and gave Miami a shorter field than they (probably) would have had after a free kick from the 20.

Looking ahead to potential playoff matchups.

Oregon and Georgia both rolling right now. Neither, correct me if I'm wrong, has played a top 25 defense yet.

Stop going for 2 when you don't need it. Idiots.
I'm amazed at this now. The big one now is your down 14 and score TD and go for 2??? Makes no sense to me. Even saw 15 and really makes no sense because if you miss it's 9 and still 2 scores. Also saw score to go down 11 and they went for 2 to make it 9?? Again, some of this is crazy to me.

So who is the slam dunk can't miss guy for A&M to hire because I can't think of who that would be.
Hopefully it’s a performance driven contract. I wouldn’t bet on it.
They can’t use state funds in the buyout(if I remember right, nor should they) do this is gonna come from the BMA’s more than likely.
Big Money Ags.

I'm amazed at this now. The big one now is your down 14 and score TD and go for 2??? Makes no sense to me. Even saw 15 and really makes no sense because if you miss it's 9 and still 2 scores. Also saw score to go down 11 and they went for 2 to make it 9?? Again, some of this is crazy to me.
Not sure on most of the analytics that are being used now. I do recall reading something that said the analytics on going for two when down 14 is that if you fail you still can go for 2 again and if you succeed you can win in regulation and that somehow works out better than extra point, then extra point and then overtime.

But shrug.

Not sure on most of the analytics that are being used now. I do recall reading something that said the analytics on going for two when down 14 is that if you fail you still can go for 2 again and if you succeed you can win in regulation and that somehow works out better than extra point, then extra point and then overtime.

But shrug.
Yes, the math 100% supports going for 2 being down 8 after the TD to cut to 6.

I believe that the success rate on a 2 point conversion is right around 50%, and most teams have a play that they've practiced 1000 times and probably has a much higher success rate. Not saying I agree or disagree, but I get it

Back