Week #11 of the N.F.L.

Yanks27Sox9

CTG Partner
'08 YTD: 35-30-1, +5.02 units

Went 4-4 last week, but still made a bit of cash thanks to my bigger plays (tenny and jax) hitting. Saved me from juicing out. But damn...the Minny lost hurt. They dominated the yardage/clock/etc...but all those fucking turnovers leading to GB points, not to mention the punt return for 7 more, gave the packer backers last sunday a gift cover. As gift-wrapped as they come, dammit. Anyways, enough moaning about the past...and on to the new week.

Thursday, 11/13

NYJ (+3) over NE (+100) for 1 unit W

Sunday, 11/16

TB (-3.5) over MIN (-105) for 1 unit

DAL (-1) over WAS (-110) for 1 unit

TEN (-3) over JAX (+105) for 1 unit

ATL (-6) over DEN (-110) for 1 unit

MIA(-2.5) to HOU(+16) to GB(+4.5)....1 unit to win 1 unit

SEA (+3) over AZ (-115) for 1 unit

I'll begin by saying that i really don't like this week's card. In fact, it blows. As a result, these initial 4 plays may be it outta me for the week.
Still looking at Atlanta and one other...and maybe one total as well...but all that's still to be determined, if i play anything more at all.
But briefly on these 4 plays...
Jets are partly a gut play. The rest of it has to do with the NE injuries on defense. Well that, and the fact that NE's strength on offense (running) plays into the Jets strength on defense.
Did i mention fuck Gus? J/k...but this TB defense should present Minny's offense some very real problems. And TB (4-0 @ home ty) off a bye should have enough offensively to cover this #.
On the Cowboys for a quite few reasons. One is i'm shocked by the line, and imo it begs u to take Washington. Two is that the Boys are getting healthy off their bye...with Romo, Jones, and Newman hopefully all back. Three is that Portis is 50/50 (at best) for this game, and that Springs & Moss are dinged. Four would be revenge. Five would be desperation on the Cowboys part. And six would be that where the Boys can only go up from where they've been the past month...i can't get how the Skins looked against Pitt outta my mind, so i can see them regressing...especially if they're w/out Portis.
Lastly, on Tenny again. Hate to go against a home dog like Jax...but on the other hand, one road win over Detroit doesn't suddenly cure all that ails you. I do think Tenny will lose in the near future...just not this week, imo...so i'm back on the Titans to go to 10-0. Jax is 1-3 @ hme ty, fwiw.

Anyhow, GL to all this weekend. Hopefully the card's not as bad as it seems at the moment.
:tiphat:

Last edited:
line in the cowboy game doesn't surprise me .. books are never short of cowboy money. just the same i agree with you. i think dallas is the play. want to see how and who practices this week before i bet though,

gl yanks.

line in the cowboy game doesn't surprise me .. books are never short of cowboy money. just the same i agree with you. i think dallas is the play. want to see how and who practices this week before i bet though,

gl yanks.

completely understandable. portis is everything to that offense. if he ends up being out, i'll be in luv with this play/line. if he ends up being able to go, and to be fairly effective, i'll be a bit worried...as i do expect some rust from those (hopefully) returning for the Boys.

Yanks.

Good luck this week Like the Tennessee game as well as the Boys.

Heres my biased take on the Vikes game.

If you look at the Vikings games since the bye or all season you will notice a few things. This team rarely gives up full 60-80 yard drives that lead to TD's. Also Tampa Bay's offense is pretty vanilla, they run the same BS West Coast scheme as we do. There running game shouldn't be a problem for Minny to stop. They don't have alot of big threats on at the WR level either=. This defense gives up alot of points when there offense turns the ball over. The aggresiveness of this defense has also gone up since the bye week. Now the offense is another story, we all know Gus had a bad game and kept the game a hell of lot closer for GB than it should have been, but he played well against HO, but who doesnt right....thing with backups is they are always 50/50 thats why there backups..Gus has had switched all year one bad game, one good game where he managed the team. The deal with the Vikings is every game we play our coach is on the hot seat, Childress's approval rating went up last week for the first time since his tenure here...but we have short memories here and if he doesnt make the playoffs he is done, so Chilly is coaching every game as if its his last.

One thing that does scare me is Monte Kiffin, he is the master of schemes, and surely he will have something up his sleeve on the defensive side of the ball with 2 weeks to go.

Played Minny +4 already, thinking this is a FG game either way.

thx, marlo. good post...and good health w/ minny. gonna stick with the bucs though, coming out of the bye...as i think they'll do a good job eliminating Peterson.

:shake:

2 additions...and this should really do me for the week.

ATL (-6) for a unit

and a teaser...

MIA (-2.5) to HOU (+16) to GB (+4.5)...1 to win 1

mentioned in my initial post that atlanta was a team i was looking at playing this week. well, pulled the trigger there today...as the falcons should remain unbeaten at home ty.

teased 3 games that interested me...but not with the current lines.
as i keep saying...no west coast team has won a game SU on the east coast this season. and the raiders won't be the first. problem is, i'm not gonna lay all those points with the Fins offense...so it's part of this teaser.
like houston this week...even after seth/they screwed me in the earlier matchup this season. and i'd be on them, if the line was +10 or more. but since i'm not going to see that #, it's also a part of this teaser.
i'd take GB at -2 or better with Rex still playing qb for the bears...but more than a fg is pushing things. so that's the final part of the teaser.

anyways, that's (prolly) my final card for the week. so GL all. :tiphat:

GL yanks, amazed were actually on the same side! lets cash the jets!!!:cheers:

also like ATL a lot too..... have them in a teaser and may add a alt-line for some + money here.... have them winning this game by 13+. ATL offense is quite possibly the worst matchup for denver D

The advantage they have on the ground against one of the worst rush defenses, w/ turner and norwood is too big to ignore.... should lead to a huge rushing day for them, and then the run success should set up for the play action to norwood when ryan wants to go to it.... kid can really air it out. his arm has really impressed me so far, as has his poise and how quickly he is maturing.

also,i changed up the icon this week and had lohan avy #2.... but for the big game tonight had to change it up a bit.

dont worry, my post wont go anywhere and it will be back to one of the hottest pieces of ass to ever grace this planet come this weekend

GL yanks, amazed were actually on the same side! lets cash the jets!!!:cheers:

also like ATL a lot too..... have them in a teaser and may add a alt-line for some + money here.... have them winning this game by 13+. ATL offense is quite possibly the worst matchup for denver D

The advantage they have on the ground against one of the worst rush defenses, w/ turner and norwood is too big to ignore.... should lead to a huge rushing day for them, and then the run success should set up for the play action to norwood when ryan wants to go to it.... kid can really air it out. his arm has really impressed me so far, as has his poise and how quickly he is maturing.

also,i changed up the icon this week and had lohan avy #2.... but for the big game tonight had to change it up a bit.

dont worry, my post wont go anywhere and it will be back to one of the hottest pieces of ass to ever grace this planet come this weekend

lol...glad we hit it tonight. was sure we were gonna lose...all the way up to the phantom defensive holding penalty, which gave the jets a td instead of a fg.
btw...great write-up for the ATL play. let's cash that one too...just a bit more easily, lol.
:shake:

Nice job Yanks. GL this weekend.

ty, sir :shake:

Nice win tonight, on the Falcons too - gl

ty, tito. let's get the W's on sunday. :shake:

:36_11_6: thx

una mas addicion...even though i said i was done.

SEA (+3) @ (-115) for 1 unit

short week for AZ, off a MNF game they had no business winning. a few important pieces returning for SEA. and it's the "tru"-est of the Sunday games as well. ;)

GL this weekend :tiphat:

Good luck tomorrow yanks! Looks like a solid card. With you on most, see you at the winners circle..LOL!

Back