CTG Partner
2007:
NFL ATS: 28-26-2, -3.10 units
NFL ML: 1-1, -0.40 units
NFL O/U: 7-8-0, -1.30 units
Teasers: 2-3, +1.15 units
------------------------------
NFL Total/YTD: 38-38-2, -3.65 units

Puttering around, kinda like college footsies this year. But getting started on a new week, just the same.

Sunday, 11/18

DET (+3) over NYG (-120) for 1.5 units

Sunday, 11/18 (addiciones)

JAX (-3) over SD (-105) for 1 unit

BAL (+2.5) over CLE (+100) for 1 unit

NYJ (+9.5) over PIT (-110) for 1 unit

AZ/CIN over 48 (-110) for 1 unit

DAL (-11) over WAS (-110) for 1 unit

HOU (-1.5) over NO (-110) for 1.5 units

That'll do me for the week...with the exception of adding a play on Tennessee for monday nite.

Happy capping. :cheers:

Last edited:
Lions are perfect @ home this year, and will be able to pass all over this Giant defense.
Plus, it's the time of year for the streaky NYG to semi-implode. WR injuries, Eli's been spotty, etc.
But i'll have a write up for this home doggie later in the week. Just posting it as i'm playing it.

detroit hasn't really played any1 at home. this is gunna be their real test.

Three keys to the Lions-Giants matchup Sunday at Ford Field:

1. Short memories: The Detroit Lions and New York Giants are both coming off disappointing losses. The Lions looked flat in a 31-21 loss at Arizona, while the Giants got stomped at home by the Dallas Cowboys, 31-20, in the marquee matchup of the NFL's Week 10 schedule. So, which team forgets about last week and bounces back this week? The Lions are undefeated at home, shooting for their first 5-0 start on home turf since the 1991 season, but the Giants are 3-1 on the road. It's an important game for both 6-3 teams.
2. Pass rush: It's all about the front four rushing the passer for both teams. The Giants lead the league with 32 sacks behind the powerful one-two punch of Michael Strahan and Osi Umenyiora. The Lions are tied for third with 26 sacks behind the standout play of nose tackle Shaun Rogers and free-agent end Dewayne White. White missed the Arizona game with an injury. If he's not able to go against the Giants, the Lions will miss his quickness on the edge and his relentless motor in such a big game. For the offensive line of the Lions, they'll face no bigger challenge than blocking Strahan and Umenyiora.
3. Quarterback matchup: Lions signal caller Jon Kitna regressed against the Cardinals. He did a poor job of protecting the football, and held it too long while getting sacked in some key passing situations. He'll need to be much more precises with a short passing attack against the rush of the Giants. He had three impressive games following the bye week, but needs to get back to playing at that level after last week's problems. Meanwhile, Eli Manning still isn't putting up Peyton-like numbers, but he has played well this season. The Lions must put a lot of pressure on Manning and force him into making some bad decisions, or he just might pick them apart.
Bottom line: If the Lions are going to reach the playoffs, they've got to keep winning at home.

yep...perfect at home so far. and they need this game. btw...they've followed up each loss this year with a win.

typical NFL though...the differences between road and home, i mean...but also the over-reactionary aspect of it all, week to week.

it's the 2nd 1/2 though for the Giants, which is in recent history been their downfall. it started in London, even though they won...and carried into last week.
eli will make mistakes. the giant run defense is great, and they are pressuring the QBs...but they certainly can be thrown on quite successfully.

but we'll see. DET doesn't have the historical #'s to back this play up, but only because this is their 1st year being relevant since 2000 i think. but it's a new & improved team this year. and at home, they have the offensive weapons...and glimpses of the defense...to take this game.

I know there used to be a stat that was pretty amazing how teams performed the week after playing Dallas. Is there still such a thing as the "hangover" game for a team the week after they play Dallas?

addiciones

added a bunch of small plays. i'll add them into the 1st post above in a bit...along w/ that original DET play.

JAX (-3)
BAL (+2.5)
NYJ (+9.5)
AZ/CIN over 48
DAL (-11)
HOU (-1.5)

i like me some home teams this week. however, i will be adding a MNF play on the Titans soemtime tomorrow.

BOL (later) today. :cheers:

thx for posting for me. i never made it on last night to throw it up. but unfortunately the titans played pathetic on defense, both tackling and in coverage. throw in the receivers totally letting down VY, and it adds up to a nice win for denver at home.

oh well...4-4 this week, juiced out for a half unit. the story of this niffel season, i guess.

updated #'s
42-42-2, -4.15 units

all in all, not too upset. the lions had their chances to win, which they blew. and even though the FG was good...it's inexcusable for the Ravens not to hold a lead with only 31 seconds remaining. but those were the 2 games that made what coulda been a good week a very average week instead.

looking ahead to turkey day...

the two big spread games are less than intriguing. at first glance, my gut says to tease the two...indy and dallas.

dare i back the lions again, in the other game? on the one hand, i love the home doggies. and detroit needs this game badly. they let this one go...with the rest of their schedule, they'll find themselves on the outside looking in...rather quickly. but on the other hand...favre and GB are en fuego, they have a ton of success against detroit and in detroit, and things jsut seem to be going their way.
bottom line...i'm gonna have to look at the turkey day slate a lot more over the next 2 days...cuz it's not very appealing at that first glance.

Back