Week #11 of CFB (11/4-11/8)

Yanks27Sox9

CTG Partner
'08 YTD: 76-70-4, -1.48 units

Had a decent week ten, going 8-5 and up a couple units and change. Could've been better though, losing 2 of those games by a point or less. But it is what it is...and still basically juicing out for the season so far. Anyways, on to the new week...and hopefully another winning week.

Thursday, 11/6

TCU (-2) over Utah (-110) for 1.5 units L (& a tarded one @ that)

Friday, 11/7

Nevada (+1.5) over Fresno St (-110) for 1 unit W

Saturday, 11/8

Alabama (-3) over LSU (-110) for 1.5 units W

Ohio St (-11) over Northwestern (-110) for 1 unit W

Texas Tech (-3) over Oklahoma St (-110) for 1 unit W

Oklahoma/Texas A&M over 72 (-110) for 1 unit W

California/USC under 52.5 (-110) for 1 unit W

Florida St (-5.5) over Clemson (-110) for 1 unit W

Nebraska (-1) over Kansas (-110) for 1 unit W

Arizona 1H (-23) over Washington St (-110) for 1 unit L

Minnesota (-7) over Michigan (-120) for 1 unit L

Penn St/Iowa under 43.5 (-110) for 1 unit L

Illinois/W Michigan over 59.5 (-110) for 1 unit L

Wisconsin (-9.5) over Indiana (-110) for 1 unit W

More to come over the remainder of the week...as well as my thoughts/reasonings behind these plays.
On a separate note...very interested to see how things shake out over the remainder of the season, BCS-wise and for the remaining undefeated. Hopefully Utah's out of the picture after thursday...and both Boise and Ball really don't belong in the picture at all this year, imho. Not sure where PSU loses...but i can see Bama getting a loss in the SEC champ game, as well as Tech getting a loss in 2 weeks...if not, the Big 12 champ game.
But the reason i bring it up...not having a dog in the race...is that i (still) would take both/either USC &/or Florida (-2) over anyone left in the picture, on a neutral field. And against each other, USC and Florida i mean, i'd prolly take whoever's catching points. I know most won't agree, especially with the USC side...but in that hypothetical world, that's honestly the teams i'd be playing in any possible matchup.

GL to all this week. :tiphat:
It's a beautiful thing to have a football game going each & every day. Not sure how many consecutive days it is...but we don't have an off day until Wednesday 11/26...which will be followed by a long Thanksgiving weekend.
:cheers:

Last edited:
Played both TCU and Bama on Sunday evening. Played tOSU and TT on Monday night.
I'll get into these games soon. And I'm sure Tech won't be a popular forum play this week...but i will say that i'm on them for many similar reasons as to why i was on florida over uga last week.

Back with some (real) thoughts on these games later in the week. :shake:

gl this week yanks, already on TCU and looking to add bama very soon as well. i see -4 now and have a strange feeling bob will be playing them, so will look to do it sooner then later

leaning TT as well but not sure on them yet. really tough spot for them.... and also okie light has not failed to cover in a game yet this season

no opinon on tOSU.

bol on whatever you add

...and goal.

gl this week yanks, already on TCU and looking to add bama very soon as well. i see -4 now and have a strange feeling bob will be playing them, so will look to do it sooner then later

leaning TT as well but not sure on them yet. really tough spot for them.... and also okie light has not failed to cover in a game yet this season

no opinon on tOSU.

bol on whatever you add

wouldn't be surprised to see that, considering the UGA and Florida wins over LSU. Bama will win the trenches, and win the game.

actually, i think the next game after Okie Lite will be the tough spot for Tech. still at home, i think they ride the wave this week.
with Florida/UGA, i really looked at the recent common opponent in LSU...which i don't really do that much...and that was a big part of why i was on the gators. we also have Texas as a very recent opponent of both Okie Lite and Tech. both games are fresh in the mind...and the boxscores tell a lot, imo. bottom line though, just feel Tech wins by 7 to 10 pts...for reasons i'll get into later in the week, besides the common opponent thing.

john, you moved the bama line.

lol...my lil $150 (plus juice) last night must've been the icing on the cake. and i was kinda pissed because right after i made the play at BM, i saw that the greek had the same 3 pts at -105...and was thinking a 2.5 might be in the future. glad it wasn't, or i prolyl woulda added a unit/hundy.

no shit man..I was gonna add more if it got to 2.5 as well..I was kinda scurred.

tosu line is moving upward ... when you get time to give your thoughts can you do that game first ?

Good look card brotha! With you on Bama, and will join you on TCU at some point.

Best of luck, as always!

tosu line is moving upward ... when you get time to give your thoughts can you do that game first ?

will do. but very quickly the 3 main reasons...ohio st off a bye...ohio st's crushed them the L3...and all those NW injuries.
if tOSU concentrates on stopping the backup QB (kafka) from running...well, there's not much left healthy on NW that's even a threat.

Good look card brotha! With you on Bama, and will join you on TCU at some point.

Best of luck, as always!

ty, sir. let's get these 2. :shake:

some additions...

Oklahoma/A&M over 72
Cal/USC under 52.5
FSU (-5.5)
Nebraska (-1)
Nevada (+1.5)

played each game for a unit.

will add them to the 1st post now. but see something like a 56-27 type score in this big 12 matchup...and something like a 31-10 type score in the pac 10 matchup.
some bowden revenge coming in seminole land. and the strengths/weaknesses of both sides got my on the cornholers.
lastly, the fri nite game. got the fresno/toledo and fresno/ucla games in my head...and not impressed with their defense. not that nevada plays much defense either...just see them putting up more than the home team, when it's said & done.

added 2 more...

the Zona 1H and Minny.

Was leaning UM in this spot...but with the QB issues, for an already poor offense...well, had to follow the UM boys around here...now that the line came to a spot where u can buy it to 7. Don't trust Minny...but i gotta trust the locals.

And finally added the Zona 1H. Mentioned it on Sunday or Monday in BARs thread...that i like the half better than the game. Reason is that against a completely pathetic wazzou team, there's no telling what a (winning) team will do in the 2nd half...in terms of pulling starters, etc. But the 1H has been money so far. I detailed it (the previous 1st halves for wazzou) a couple weeks ago, when i made a big play on the USC 1H at wazzou. Since then, Stanford also cruised to easy 1H cover. And i see no reason why Zona won't do the same, regardless of them being a poor road team.

Now for tonight's bullshit...
Still steamed a monster of a moose showed up tonight, hosing my play on TCU. Enough's been said about that horseshit. But in terms of the last paragraph of my initial post in this thread, about the BCS/undefeateds...well, fuck utah. I do not want to see them in a BCS game. Been there, done that. Bottom line...this is not the cinderella Boise St team that beat Okie. Instead, Utah is basically what Hawaii was last year. Totally different team, obviously...but they've now luckily escaped 2 losses, jsut like the Bows did last season. And as a result, they got no business playing one of the big boys/top teams in the BCS bowls...cuz it'll end as ugly as it did for Hawaii last year, with a trip to the woodshed.

Fucking midweek mooses. Still vividly remember the same thing happening to me last season, with both VaTech and Rutgers...about this time of year too, for C's sake.

2 more adds via Yanks...

PSU/Iowa u43.5
and
Illy/WMU o59.5

a unit on each of the totals.

As for tonight's game...Nevada better hold on to this game. Don't know if i can handle being so clearly on the right side 2 nights in a row, only to get hosed on both. ;)

fwiw...snow in iowa. should be an ugly game. two good defenses, more so against the run...especially in iowa's case. and really don't see iowa being able to score with their anemic offense/below average qb. 14-7 type of game here.

and i think the illy line is spot on at basically 7 pts. but being in a dome, out of the elements, i definitely see both sides putting up some points in this one. something like a 38-31 type of game, imo.

back to utah...beating a dead fuckin drum.

the lucky fucks will prolly leapfrog USC in next week's BCS standings, unless USC absolutely destroys Cal by 30+ pts.
if it happens, that's just sick. in a hypothetical game on a neutral field, who of you would favor utah over usc? i know i'd be on USC at anything 21 points or less, as imo they'd cruise to a 28+ pt win if they were to match up.

like B.O. said...we need playoffs, dammit.

fwiw...snow in iowa. should be an ugly game. two good defenses, more so against the run...especially in iowa's case. and really don't see iowa being able to score with their anemic offense/below average qb. 14-7 type of game here.

and i think the illy line is spot on at basically 7 pts. but being in a dome, out of the elements, i definitely see both sides putting up some points in this one. something like a 38-31 type of game, imo.

playing the same angle ... hope it works for us.

Good add on with Wisky....like the card

GL Yanks or is it Administrator?? lol Yanks split identity

Oh, come on, admit it. You're all on Bama because the Shark is on Bama. :36_11_6:

Oh yeah, if Bama loses, it's your fault. :shake: hahahaha

Great week man.

Looks like 9-5...

could been better if not for TCU and Wazzou somehow scoring.

Nicely done though.

yeah how did wazzu get 28 points and tcu 10 again ?

great week .. so tthat is how it's done aye ?

Good add on with Wisky....like the card

GL Yanks or is it Administrator?? lol Yanks split identity

lol...unfortunately, it's not the 1st time i've been told that...though usually it's coming from a (soon to be ex) gf.

huge card BOL bro

ty, sir

Oh, come on, admit it. You're all on Bama because the Shark is on Bama. :36_11_6:

Oh yeah, if Bama loses, it's your fault. :shake: hahahaha

lol, u caught me.

-------------------

well, 9-5 for the week...3 units and change to the good.

between sunday night and wednesday night, i had made 9 plays. those 9 plays went 8-1...with the 1 loss being tcu. and we all know that tcu game is a top 3 bad beat nominee for all of '08.
anyways, between thursday night and friday night i made 5 more additions. those went a lovely 1-4...obviously bringing the week to the 9-5 mark.

lesson (to myself, yet again)...try harder to not make the late-in-the-week additions. if it's not a play after capping it, then it's not a play when i go back over things (yet again) looking for more action.
i'll never learn...

anyhow, to sum up the week...the losses first.
can't really talk any more about tcu. zona's jsut a bad road team, bottom line. shouldn't have trusted in minny. friday's snowstorm somehow disappeared on saturday in iowa...kinda like psu's defense did in the 2nd half. and i shoulda left the illy/wmu game completely alone.
as for the wins...well, they all basically went according to plan...so not much more to say about them, other than Bama was a bit lucky.

oh well, on to capping the next week... :tiphat:

Great week man.

Looks like 9-5...

could been better if not for TCU and Wazzou somehow scoring.

Nicely done though.

yep. imma still not over the tcu hose job. and zona's jsut not a good team...specially on the road, as they've proven now for the 3rd time.

but, ty :shake:

yeah how did wazzu get 28 points and tcu 10 again ?

great week .. so tthat is how it's done aye ?

ty, vk :cheers:

no idea. even stanford blanked that HS team in the 1H LW.

Back