Week 11 - NFL BLITZ

BlitzBandit

Friend of CTG
All-Out Blitz: 39-33 (54.3%) (+11.7 units)

Monday Night Blitz: 7-2 (78.1%) (+9.5 units)

** Last 6 Weeks ** 29-20 (59.5%) (+10.7 units)

Week 10 - (7-1) ( +10.8 units )

Week 9 - (3-5) (-9 units)

Week 8 - (4-5) (-4.5 units)

Week 7 - (4-1) (+5.8 units)

Week 6 - (4-5) (-1.9 units)

Week 5 - (7-3) (+9.5 units)

Week 4 - (3-0) (+10 units)

Week 3 - (5-2) (+2.8 units)

Week 2 - (2-8) (-6.8 units)

Week 1 - (0-3) (-5 units)

Turned up a much needed good week last week. Gotta keep it going...

here's what I'm on:

Carolina +9.5 @ Green Bay ( 3 units )

Carolina @ Green Bay UNDER 37.5 ( 3 units )

I don't like the fact that I waited too long on this line. It opened at 10.5 and has come down below 10. That's pretty big. Matchup wise, the Pack should just destroy them on both sides of the ball, but with Detroit waiting for them on Thursday for Gobble-day and Dallas waiting in the wings after that, I don't see them too focused in this one. Plus Carolina has done well covering as a dog. With all that said, I think Carolina gives it all they have and GB comes out flat... producing a Carolina cover and a low scoring game.

San Diego +3 @ Jacksonville ( 3 units )

San Diego @ Jacksonville UNDER 40.5 ( 3 units )

This one seems like a tough call. I'll be taking the Bolts here though. I'm thinking it's going to be a defensive low scoring game with SD having a defensive or special teams return to help clinch this one.. yes, it should be that close, but even if they don't get that lucky break, I still think they pull it out. As for the Under.. well, since the beginning of last season, there has only been two teams (New England and Indianapolis) that have been able to go into Jacksonville and score more than 17 points. In their other 10 home games in that span, the Jaguars have allowed an average of only 10 points. I figure this game will be an ugly one and the running game will look partially pathetic for both. Definitely gotta take the under here.

I'll write up a little something on these a bit later...

here's the rest of my card...

New York Giants -3 @ Detroit ( 3 units )

Pittsburgh -9.5 @ New York Jets ( 3 units )

Arizona +3 @ Cincinnati ( 3 units )

Washington +11 @ Dallas ( 3 units )

gl to everyone this weekend

wow...good health this week, B.
only on the lions so far...but i think i strongly lean against each and every one of those...well, except the 2 totals.

anyways, i'm not gonna play much niffel this week...don't liek the card much at all...so i'll root for ya though. (but not your giants, hehe)

I like JAX and NYJ. Undecided on the NYG/DET game. I agree with the rest of them.

GL tomorrow.

New York Giants -3 @ Detroit

The NYG game definitely is one to think about. The thing is, you have two 6-3 teams.. so it only makes sense to make the home team favored. Vegas opened the line at Detroit -1. Then the minute the public started pounding the G-Men as doggies, they moved it quick... all the way to a fg with the G-Men as chalk. I don't think they want the entire world pounding the Giants here...

There is no doubt the Lions play much better at home. They are 4-0 there, but this is one of those games that is going to buck the system.

The Giants defense matches up almost perfectly against the Lions. Their front four are solid as hell. They slide in that Four Aces package where Osi, Kiwi, Strahan, and Tuck all are used as down lineman. That's speed. That's the set that has helped them lead the league in sacks. The Giants are tough against the run and I wouldn't expect to see the Lions be effective rushing the ball. That leaves them passing all day long. The Giants front four will be giving Kitna some hard shots all day and he is going to take a beating. In comes the fumbles and interceptions.

Okay.. before you go and say that the Giants secondary and pass defense sucks, keep this in mind: The Giants have allowed 11 TD passes and an average of 293 passing yards in their three games against Romo and Brett Favre, but in their six games against everyone else, they have allowed only 5 passing TDs and an average of 160 passing yards. Even though those games were against cheaper teams, they still appear to be better than advertised.

Detroit may be undefeated at home, but they have allowed 295 passing yards per game in their last three at Ford Field, with 3 TDs. The other home game was against the Vikings, who don't deserve to be counted since they have not been able to produce any kind of passing stats against any team this season. It's possible the Lions might be without their corner, Fernando Bryant, who hurt his calf at Arizona. I would give the Giants the advantage on both sides of the ball here, but you also have to consider emotional value. But with both teams 6-3 and with this game being just as important to both teams since they are both fighting for a wild card spot, there is no actually advantage here. I would expect both teams to come out focused and Bring It.

Yanks... that's the thing about not liking the card this week... if you don't like the cards, then it's probably better to play the plays you don't like too.. hehe. I remember everyone was hating the Week 4 card (including me). C-Gold posted in my thread that week that he didn't like the card at all... I finished 3-0 and up 10 units that week. Then in Week 8, I posted in my thread that I really liked the card alot so I threw out 9 games. I finished a horrible 4-5 and down 4.5 units that week... my point is... I guess anything can happen in these games, but if you REALLY like the card, then odds are, something is wrong... hehe... gl this week bro.

joebren... sounds like you like all the doggies this week... hehe.. that's actually not a bad thing at all... gl this week bud

bb - i like the plays in gbay, U in jax, and you are right on with the way the gints d-line matches up - they will have a good day

gl man

ToFurkey.. gl to us both on those like games bud... as for the Giants defense, I just think some people see them overrated... they're not.

whoswho.. thanks man.. gl

the G-Men are capable of generating a strong pass rush without having to use their linebackers... that gives them the ability to utilize them elsewhere. People think they are going to crash and burn the second part of the season like they did last year after all those injuries... that won't happen... they should still be okay the rest of the season and more than likely end up with double digit wins for the season and end up in the playoffs.

another thing I think is going to happen is that the Lions are going to start a downfall after this game... they have the toughest remaining schedule in the league with their last 7 games consisting of teams that are currently 42-21... it's going to be rough for em' from here on out.

Blitz like the plays, like the G men also,Detroit is mistake prone and it will show tomorrow.

What do you think of the BUCS -3 at ATLanta, i see the BUCS off a bye week and think they should get the win in ATLANTA.

Garcia is good, and Tampa Bay can run the ball, and is better than ATL in all facets of the game.

Atl last two wins over the 49'ers and Panthers do not impress me at all.

Blitz like the plays, like the G men also,Detroit is mistake prone and it will show tomorrow.

What do you think of the BUCS -3 at ATLanta, i see the BUCS off a bye week and think they should get the win in ATLANTA.

Garcia is good, and Tampa Bay can run the ball, and is better than ATL in all facets of the game.

Atl last two wins over the 49'ers and Panthers do not impress me at all.

The way I see it, TB seems like the obvious pick. But that's why my money won't be on this game. They have a winning record and are facing a Falcons team that has Joey Harrington at quarterback. Along with that, the Falcons also have no receivers (except maybe Roddy White) and an O-Line that can't pass block for shit. Warrick Dunn is looking pretty decent lately, but he's getting old. The funny thing is that as horrible as the Falcons look on paper, they are still only dogs by a measely field goal. That sounds pretty suspicious to me. But Vegas knows what they are doing here. The Falcons (for the exception of the Giants game) have covered every game since week 3. The Bucs, on the other hand, have not looked good at all on the road. They have not won any road games except for the one against Carolina with David Carr at quarterback. That victory should have a big asterisk next to it.. hehe. But then again, if they pull it off here, playing Joey Harrington shouldn't count either.. lol. Anyway, I won't be messing with this one... too screwy... but if I had to lean, I guess it would have to be with Tampa Bay... or no.. maybe Atlanta.. no.. wait.. yea.. Tampa Bay.. haha.

I'd actually feel more comfortable if Joey DID start.

Petrino has already announced Byron Sandwich as the starter. I think he's plotting a 'tanking' plan so he can grab his boy, Brohm next year.

Zona... interesting, I didn't know Leftwich was starting.... but I haven't been paying attention to that game much anymore... it still wouldn't shock me at all to see the Falcions cover... and I'm still not touching it... hehe.. gl today bud

gotti... yup.. one of us will.. gl bud

GL i'm on a few of them, curious why you like SD. I was liking Jags all week and you kinda turned me off of them. And no Steve Smith for Carolina, you still think they keep it close?

Diz.. yea I saw that this morning about Smith being out officially... I still like the Panthers, but I'll be hedging that one a bit

added:

Cleveland @ Baltimore +2.5

( 2 units )

taking the Crows in a division game where I think the Brownies come out a bit flat

hedging:

Carolina +9.5 @ Green Bay ( 2 units )

I still think Carolina pull out the cover here, but with Steve Smith being out, I'll be toning it down just a tad (to 2 units )

Nice lookin card bro! I'm pumped because we agree on two, and disagree on none! I usually do well when that happens.

:cheers:

the recap...

Carolina @ Green Bay UNDER 37.5 ( 3 units )

San Diego +3 @ Jacksonville ( 3 units )

San Diego @ Jacksonville UNDER 40.5 ( 3 units )

New York Giants -3 @ Detroit ( 3 units )

Pittsburgh -9.5 @ New York Jets ( 3 units )

Arizona +3 @ Cincinnati ( 3 units )

Washington +11 @ Dallas ( 3 units )

Cleveland @ Baltimore +2.5 ( 2 units )

Carolina +9.5 @ Green Bay ( 2 units )

wit ya on panthers an bmore. think tha washington foreskins gonna get added to my card also. gonna be against ur steez game. good luck on tha others today blitz

Carolina @ Green Bay UNDER 37.5 ( 3 units ) loss

San Diego +3 @ Jacksonville ( 3 units ) loss

San Diego @ Jacksonville UNDER 40.5 ( 3 units ) loss

New York Giants -3 @ Detroit ( 3 units ) WON

Pittsburgh -9.5 @ New York Jets ( 3 units ) loss

Arizona +3 @ Cincinnati ( 3 units ) WON

Washington +11 @ Dallas ( 3 units ) WON

Cleveland @ Baltimore +2.5 ( 2 units ) loss

Carolina +9.5 @ Green Bay ( 2 units ) loss

just a crap day all around...

it actually didn't have to be so bad... I decided to try my luck at totals again and went 0-2 on those (1-3 overall for the season on em)... I really need to stop messing with totals... I even lost the SD total by half a point... as well as the Baltimore play..

anyway... congrats to all those that had better capping going on this week.. I did a crap job of it.

Diz good job reading that Carolina game as well as the SD... I was off on those..

Sammy... good call on the Bucs... that was a great play and I hope you took em'... they dominated the birds.... good job.

updated:

3-6 (-8.6 units) for the week

added:

Tennessee +2 @ Denver

( 3 units )

What's there to say? Denver has had 5 home games so far and they lost three of them and they two they won were only by 3 pts (one of those was against Oakland). The Titans on the other hand, have won 3 out of 4 on the road and their one road loss was by 3 pts at Tampa... gotta follow the trend here.

Blitz.....Its scary easy, know what I mean? I know its at Denver and the altitude and all that crap but Denver shouldnt be favored period! Even with home field advantage. Its Tenn. or nothing I suppose as far as a side. Lets Underwater Blitz them tonight !! :cheers:

On it. Lets cash. I would feel better if Haynesworth was cleared. Jags made it look pretty easy LW w/out Haynesworth in the line-up..

Back