Week 10 What Did We Learn?

That this league is officially F’d up. First, a RB purposely runs out of bounds on the 1yd line b/c he was concerned his team would blow a 2 score lead with less than 60 seconds left. Then a team takes a knee instead of kicking an extra point.... I did not lose money on either decision, but these are not the “right” plays Score the TD...kick the extra point....you are still going to win the game. There may be times to take a knee, etc....but neither of these were one of those times.

That this league is officially F’d up. First, a RB purposely runs out of bounds on the 1yd line b/c he was concerned his team would blow a 2 score lead with less than 60 seconds left. Then a team takes a knee instead of kicking an extra point.... I did not lose money on either decision, but these are not the “right” plays Score the TD...kick the extra point....you are still going to win the game. There may be times to take a knee, etc....but neither of these were one of those times.

The Bills would have tied the game if they had blocked the xp and returned it to the Zona end zone. So Zona was correct not to attempt the xp.

Chubb was right to go out too

Texans had no timeouts

Going out of bounds, made winning a 100%

Scoring, you give the texans the ball back, they still have a chance, no matter how small, it's more than 0

Both were the right football plays
I guess.....

gets a bit more contrived with ESPN and DraftKkngs and talked about.

we used to sulk online. Now it’s everywhere.

I get it. I do. But man.....that’s awful way to lose.

I had friends that had 11k swings and such on that. For the good. Shits wild

Never let your money line parlays ride on fading Bill Belly. He did get every call though, and the spot in the 4th quarter was a pure fuck job, convinced refs had Pats. But Ravens didn’t deserve to win. Most NFL win ever.

If Kyler isn’t the MVP, he’s the most exciting player in football, it’s not even close.

The Rams D is real but Russ let them off the hook. He was so scared of Ramsey he wouldn’t even look toward DK. DK started to throw a tantrum, he’s about 2-3 years from full diva status a la AB/TO, but he was right. He was open, and Russ looked for the slow white tight end too often. About as bad as I’ve seen Russ play. Totally fucked me in fantasy.

Drew Lock sucks, really bad. Nice job Elway, back to the drawing board. Nice young weapons there, and QB stinks. Man, he’s awful. Raiders aren’t for real, but props to local kid Jeff Heath. Kid balled out! Cowboys sure could use him these days.

The Lions....its the same shit, almost blew it but they didn’t so Fat Matt and his fuck buddy Quinn get another year. And winning these games is just costing them draft capital. Missed chance on Herbert/Tua, now what. Kyle Pitts at 11? Perhaps a center catches their eye? Sweet!

WTF has happened to Carolina? At this rate, Joe Brady may only have college HC jobs to choose from. Bold prediction: Matt Rhule coaches at Michigan or Penn State in 2022.

Carson Wentz just ain’t it. Has weapons back, laid a complete egg. Sad.

The Dolphins are a team. Great to see. Flores coach of the year so far. The only BB assistant who has things going.
Anthony Lynn should be fired tomorrow. He thought running Kalen Ballage was more important than letting Herbie cook. This after many other gaffes over the years. Dude, you suck, bad!

Big time TNF, SNF and MNF coming up next week. Must be a first all the stars align.

Give me 5-6 games at 4 every Sunday. So much more fun than 2 or 3. Thank you, Masters. Get a clue Rog. Can only help ratings.

Raiders are rolling. Defense finally stepped up but that was a pretty bad Denver offense. I'll take the win though. One step closer to the playoffs.

On crazy weather games, take a look at UNDER yards props for the QB. I played 4 this weekend and hit them all: Watson, Mayfield, Burrow, and Cam.

Nobody is dominant in the NFC. A bunch of good teams but not great teams like the Chiefs in the AFC. Steelers the only undefeated team left but I'd still take Mahomes and the Chiefs vs the Steelers. That's probably the AFC championship game there.

Also what is up with Doug Peterson? He goes for two way too much. Today he was down 4. Got a TD he goes for it and misses. Kick the XPT and make it a 3 point deficit. Instead of needing a FG to tie he was down 4 and needed a TD.

Next week anybody like KC/Oakland OVER 55? They scored 72 the first game outside at Arrowhead. Climate controlled dome and no weather to worry about I think it can go over again. Locked in OVER 55.

Pat's not dead yet.
My eagles still crazy inconsistent and Wentz playing horrible
Miami keeps rolling.
Looks like NYG only team that seems to WANT to win NFC least. Eagles aren't winning it... too inconsistent, horrible secondary, and brutal upcoming schedule.

I guess.....

gets a bit more contrived with ESPN and DraftKkngs and talked about.

we used to sulk online. Now it’s everywhere.

I get it. I do. But man.....that’s awful way to lose.

I had friends that had 11k swings and such on that. For the good. Shits wild
Would have been just as bad a beat for Texans betters tho as it was is how I'd look at it

Raiders are rolling. Defense finally stepped up but that was a pretty bad Denver offense. I'll take the win though. One step closer to the playoffs.

On crazy weather games, take a look at UNDER yards props for the QB. I played 4 this weekend and hit them all: Watson, Mayfield, Burrow, and Cam.

Nobody is dominant in the NFC. A bunch of good teams but not great teams like the Chiefs in the AFC. Steelers the only undefeated team left but I'd still take Mahomes and the Chiefs vs the Steelers. That's probably the AFC championship game there.

Also what is up with Doug Peterson? He goes for two way too much. Today he was down 4. Got a TD he goes for it and misses. Kick the XPT and make it a 3 point deficit. Instead of needing a FG to tie he was down 4 and needed a TD.

Next week anybody like KC/Oakland OVER 55? They scored 72 the first game outside at Arrowhead. Climate controlled dome and no weather to worry about I think it can go over again. Locked in OVER 55.
Missing 3 o line starters too

Passing attack is limited with them out, but rushing has still been fantastic last few weeks without them

Not to beat a dead horse on this issue, but points scored and TD’s scored are both tie breaker considerations for the NFL playoffs. So, yes, maybe Nick Chubb scoring a TD gives a Hou a slightly greater chance of winning (FYI...him running out of bounds still did not give them a 0% chance of winning as they still had to snap the ball and take a knee) It is still far less than 1% and it could end up coming back to bite Cleveland if they end up tied with other teams for the playoffs.

Not to beat a dead horse on this issue, but points scored and TD’s scored are both tie breaker considerations for the NFL playoffs. So, yes, maybe Nick Chubb scoring a TD gives a Hou a slightly greater chance of winning (FYI...him running out of bounds still did not give them a 0% chance of winning as they still had to snap the ball and take a knee) It is still far less than 1% and it could end up coming back to bite Cleveland if they end up tied with other teams for the playoffs.
I agree, Chubb should've scored. Also agree with Zona taking the knee on the XP given the situation.

I learned there's a difference between Good and NFC East Good. Thought the Deadskins D (yeah, they're still the Deadskins) was good, but they are really like that 4 .that only looks hot because they're standing next to a couple of 2s.

Washington vs NFC East Teams - 4 games, 20 sacks, 57 points allowed (19 per game)

Washington vs Real Football Teams - 5 games, 8 picks, 155 points allowed (31 per game)

Now next week its the Bengals. Are they a Real Football Team? Welllllll, technically yes. Burrow was broken by Pittsburgh yesterday, but there was also a 25 mph wind and Joe B was sailing balls all game. Besides yesterday, Burrow has only had 2 other bad games: his first start ever (understandable) and at the Ravens (also understandable). Otherwise he's slung it around the yard pretty well. I think the Bengals bounce back pretty well next week.

Ten weeks in the NFC East has a total of TWO non-division wins.

EVERY other division has at least two teams that alone have at least THREE non-division wins. There are 15 teams in the league with at least FOUR non-division wins.

Albeit college football, Toledo just lost a game running the ball into the endzone. When you can kneel on the ball and limit play, I'd do it every time.
How about the Ravens last night intentionally jumping offsides to give the Pats a 1st down so they could eliminate the Pats from running an extra play to get a 1st down and burn Baltimore's last T.O 1 play sooner. Thought that was brilliant by Harbaugh.

I learned the early demise of the LJ-led Baltimore Ravens may be for real. Does anybody consider Baltimore a true contender in the AFC?? I would put Pittsburgh Kansas City Oakland Tennessee Buffalo Miami Indy all ahead of them at this point. I have them about equal with Cleveland.

I’ve heard the LJ interview on Rich Eisen a few times and unfortunately it does not shed him in a good light. Saying that defenses are yelling out “watch the run” etc. as if they know the plays Baltimore is going to run. How is that any different than what happens in every other NFL game?? Defensive players study film and they learn your tendencies. It’s not just your offense Lamar. Defenses make educated guesses in every NFL game. Although it might be a little easier because of Balt’s pass/run ratio, I think the fact he thinks defenses have figured them out is a big problem.

This only works until it doesn't. I had Lamar under passing yards, he was only 30 shy at half time. I think what helped Cam quite a bit was Damien Harris going off. Was refreshing to hear a well spoken polite young man in the post-game interview also. Pats are my team yet every game it seems like someone shows up on offense & I'm like "who the fuck is this guy?" Maybe if I wasn't so shitfaced during every game I'd remember.

To add to my above thoughts, playing any player props on a BB coached team is sketchy. Dude is so fucking unpredictable. I had Byrd over 30.5 yards receiving, he only fell 30.5 yards shy. Last week he had just a few catches but some near misses from Cam. I thought they'd want to get him more involved. Next week he will probably get 7/83.

I just traded for Big Ben to get off the QB streamer train. I told you that to tell you this: the Steelers went up by two scores for good with over 7 minutes left in the 2nd quarter. From that point on they ran it 12 times and passed it 25. Steelers have rushed for a total of 90 yards the past two weeks against two bottom 8 run defenses. Not only can't they run the ball they've apparently stopped trying to figure it out.

The results of medical evaluations performed Monday on New Orleans Saints quarterback Drew Brees revealed that he has multiple rib fractures on both sides of his chest and a collapsed lung on the right side, according to a source.

Brees is unsure how much time he might be forced to miss before returning to start for the Saints, the source said.

Brees is suffering from three fractured ribs on his left side and two on the right, possibly more, according to the source. Doctors have cautioned Brees to be especially careful with the damage to his lung.

Not a bad set up for Saints. Evaluate JeatsWs. May play Taysum in red zone to avoid JeatsWs picks. If D continues upward trend, won’t matter much. Perfect chance for JeatsWs to learn how to take what D gives him with AK.

Broken ribs don't sound like much of a party. Seems like you'd be impacted about every time you took a breath. I could be wrong.

Back