USC -15

Zona +2.5

UL Monroe +4.5

GL
clover.gif
clover.gif
clover.gif

Care to discuss the Colorado game?

I lean Missouri right now and realize tha the Buffs have been a tough group at home and they are playing defense. Do you think CU wins straight up and that is why it is a big play?

Leaning strong to VT this week..Just dont see GT being that productive with their top 2 backs out of this game.

Any thoughts on BC -6.5

Care to discuss the Colorado game?

I lean Missouri right now and realize tha the Buffs have been a tough group at home and they are playing defense. Do you think CU wins straight up and that is why it is a big play?

i think the buffs have a great shot of winning su. i like this buffs team a lot at home, and it turned out being one of the things i've been right about this year as they played tough in every home game (the fla st game could have easily been a win). i have thought since the beginning of the year that missouri is a fraud and their great qb play and high powered offense has kind of proved me wrong so far, but i really think the matchups favor colorado. they'll be able to score points on this missouri defense. in missouri's 3 road contests (including illinois neutral), they've given up 34, 25, and 41. home games haven't necessarily been a picnic for the defense either but they have played well against passing offenses neb and ttech. they just lost a senior captain on defense in safety cornelius brown that will be surely missed, and i like the young and improving hawkins to be able to make some plays. buffs should be able to run the football effectively as well, and although their defense isn't the greatest, i expect it to force daniels into a couple of picks in this hostile environment. they gave ttech's passing offense fits last week, and that confidence will carry over. they also have an outside (very outside...kansas would have to really shit the bed) chance of playing for the big12 championship with a win here which will be some extra motivation. i'm sure daniels will make enough plays to score some points, but they shoot themselves in the foot a lot to end drives (ie illinois), and if the buffs can score enough to keep it close late, i think they have a great shot of winning because of that. i look for a 31-28 game, and will take my chances on a good home dog. as for responding to the big win, after they beat oklahoma there wasn't much of a letdown, and they went on to beat tech after that, so i don't really see that being much of an issue

Leaning strong to VT this week..Just dont see GT being that productive with their top 2 backs out of this game.

Any thoughts on BC -6.5

not a fan of going against the ol ranked team dogged to an unranked team trend, but with the way they shit the bed in the last two minutes, that defense should be pissed off and i could never feel confident laying points with gailey. just don't know where the points come from unless glennon/taylor throw a couple of giftwrapped pick 6s.

not sure about bc. they just don't have one impressive win, yet it did take a lot of guts to beat vt the way they did and maybe that will foster up some momentum for this game. florida st has beaten bama, hung with miami, hung with clemson, went into colorado and won. tough one. i would probably lean fla st, but i am kind of out of my element when it comes to this conference...teams are so sporadic. i try to keep my acc plays limited...gl with it though

Hell why your at, whats your thoughts on arizona state

i just really really like this asu team. i would love to see them play for a title. they are fighters, and they are very well-rounded. it's obvious they can score points and carpenter can't get enough credit for his play and his leadership, they have three very solid backs along with a dominate o-line and could simply pound the air out of the ball if they wanted, which sets up carpenter great for play action, and they have an extremely underrated defense. cal is one of the most explosive teams in the country, yet they only scored one offensive touchdown and asu's defense just made them look silly in the second half. i look for asu to run the hell out of the ball against oregon. boyd isn't a true linebacker, so with basically the 4-2-5, oregon will be at a disadvantage, and if they change personnel they've be inviting carpenter, which isn't a good idea imo. they will wear down due to lack of size from asu's running attack if asu can control the clock. asu will be able to put up points on this defense and keep the ball away from the potent offense of oregon with very little if any weakness offensively. it'll come down to who can stop who late, and i think the asu defense has a better chance of stopping oregon than will the tired oregon defense stopping asu. cal, the team that oregon lost to was simply dominated in the 2half of the game vs asu. and from a motivation standpoint i think it's very similar to the bucks from last week. everyone picking oregon on espn, etc just like penn st last week, and asu is sitting here as an underdog being undefeated and playing very impressive through 8 games. it's the higher ranked team that has the chip on their shoulder, which is very uncommon.

Would really like your thoughts on Iowa as I lean the other way...

imo iowa is the much much better defensive squad, and i think will be able to contain northwestern's passing attack. northwestern is a soft, putrid squad in my opinion. inconsistent and don't play physical football. their defense can't stop anyone. iowa has been playing quite a bit better, and looked very good against michigan st. they will be able to run the ball and keep northwestern's offense off the field. i know they have struggled against the pass in the purdue and michigan state, but they made some good plays against michigan state, and if you watched the purdue game, painter painted them, but it was a lot closer than it seemed. with 5 minutes left it was a 14-6 game, it's just that iowa failed to convert so many third downs they just gave the ball to purdue too many times. i'll take the better running game, better defense, and the qb that will likely make less mistakes and improved his play in the mich st game immensely from the week before. this selection is probably more about how much i think northwestern suck though, which is a lot.

Alright, that's understandable...I just really like the spot as NW is on the verge of bowl eligibility with another win, and I think Iowa could letdown a little bit as they are fresh off the come-from-behind OT win. NW has given them fits the last two years as well.

GL this week broadwayjoe...look forward to you telling me not to fade tOSU in basketball this year, hahah...

Alright, that's understandable...I just really like the spot as NW is on the verge of bowl eligibility with another win, and I think Iowa could letdown a little bit as they are fresh off the come-from-behind OT win. NW has given them fits the last two years as well.

GL this week broadwayjoe...look forward to you telling me not to fade tOSU in basketball this year, hahah...

although that was a come from behind win, linde...that game had zero business going into ot...a couple of crazy things happened at the end of that game to take it to ot. yea they came back from 17-3, but the way they did it made it feel like it wasn't really that much of a comeback because they played decisively better in the early going of the 2h to tie the game right back up. coming off an emotional game, and yes bowl eligibility for northwestern (it'd be an absolute travesty to send this team to a bowl), yes i see your points as well.

look forward to talking college hoops as well with ya...someone's gotta defend my buckeyes you guys were like vultures hahahahahhaha. gl to ya

Broadway, Just want to say those are some great thoughts on the Missouri game. Thank you.

thnks guys...good start to the week hopefully nm st and bg will both come through for me. have a strong lean lean for temple +9 (what?), but i'll do my best to lay off cuz i already have a full cart this week...

Back