Texas Tech (+23) ----- REG LOSER

Akron (-2.5) ----- REG LOSER

Central Michigan (-5.5) ----- REG WINNER

South Carolina (+19) ----- Small Potatoes WINNER

Wazzou (+2.5) ----- Small Potatoes LOSER

Washington ML (+155) ----- Small Potatoes LOSER

ML Parlay (+170): WINNER
South Bama, Toledo, Stanford, Bama, Mich St, UCLA, Missy St

EEWWWWWWWWW!!!!! A lot of really bad capping & a little bad luck (Akron 5 TO's in the 2nd half......nice work). The 1 game I thought I really did a good job capping lost....ULM. Completely dominated for over 3 qtrs, then give up a 4th down for a TD w/ 7 minutes left & completely crapped the bed after.....on their home field.
I have learned that the MAC conference, which I am usually good at capping, is just not giving me any consistency right now. Should probably focus in on the conferences & teams that I really have zoned in on.

Utah St (-3) ----- REG

Probably receiving a "generous" line b/c of 2 things. A.) going out to the Island, & B.) Utah St now on their 4th string QB. Both good reasons.
As for the Island travel, I honestly have zero concerns w/ this b/c Utah St has been a model of consistency the last couple years. The distraction of the Island really shouldn't influence these kids or the coaching staff, especially w/ all the attrition they have already faced.
QB Kent Myers = Chuckie Keeton v2.0. Now, I'm not saying he's going to come out as a true freshman w/ his first real game experience & light the world on fire, but I am saying that I believe he will be really good down the line, & don't expect him to play bad here. He has the mobility & is honestly more fit for this offense than Garrettson or Harrison were. Simply put, they just wanted to redshirt him since they had 3 other QB's w/ playing experience & let Chuckie mentor him this year. Another thing is that I believe this is the best receiving core Utah St has had in quite some time, which has made it remarkably easier for all these QB's to deal with the attrition. Honestly, I'm more worried about if LB/RB Nick Vigil doesn't play more than I am the QB situation.
I don't think Hawaii does anything offensively that should allow them to have much success against this Aggie defense. Another interesting thing to look at is Hawaii's DC was Utah St. LB coach the last 4 years....not too sure how that will play out, but there is some familiar ties there. Nonetheless, Utah St is a team that shows consistency, is a better football team in all 3 phases, & is still in a good spot in the conference race. Come on Hawaii....lets keep losing games so we can get Norm Chow out & get June Jones back in there

Been crazy busy this week & missed out on a lot of good early numbers. Some thoughts though for this week:

Feels like a good week for some top teams to go down. Seems to happen somewhat often the week that these "polls" come out this time of year. *hint hint*

L'Ville/FSU
Circled this as a game FSU would/could lose. The line movement is outrageous, but hey I guess other people think the same thing. Bottom line is that I have eye-balls that watch football games, & I have seen what these teams do. L'Ville has plenty of flaws, but so does FSU. People who say "Florida St just hasn't needed to play hard or good so they will bring it this week b/c they know how important it is" are absolutely fooling theirselves IMO. That's a good thing & justified thing to say for some teams though about week 6, but not in week 10. 'Ville hasn't played a gauntlet by any means, but when your defense is tops in the country in so many categories after 7-8 games, I highly doubt it's a fluke. The fact that L'Ville is very healthy now is also a tremendous added bonus. Gardner hasn't been great, but having a potential 1st rounder back at WR helps in many ways possible, especially when you have an offensive minded Head Coach.
Basically, I don't see FSU having much success on the ground at all, & yes it'll be on the best player in college football's back IMO. Jameis can do it, but he has also proven to make some mistakes & L'Ville has a defense that is very opportunistic on the back end. Add in that 'Ville has a very good pass rush against a Seminole OL that has been average, I can see more mistakes that normal for Winston.
Could be wrong b/c FSU is the better overall team w/ better talent, but a Thursday night road game against a team that matches up fairly well here....I've seen crazier things happen.
Don't know if I'm gonna play it b/c there's little value left IMO, but I'll probably get some action

I think Arky is live against Missy St. I love Missy St, but I do not see them getting to the Final Four. It would be a great story.....but I just don't see it. Pressure has to mount sometime?? Arky has been oh so close so much this year.....won't be surprised to see them break through. Although there are probably better spots to go against Miss St ahead.

Stanford could be live against Oregon. Even though this isn't the Stanford of old b/c they don't have a bruising back. Cardinal defense is the truth, & i laugh at national people dogging Stanford's OL. The OL play has been pretty good, tops in most areas for OL statistics. Problem is if Stanford can hold onto the ball long enough. I think Shaw has finally figured out to get his blue chip players on offense the ball....just took some time b/c it's not the normal Cardinal way they are used to.

SDSU/Nevada
I've watched basically every game these 2 teams have played, aside from Nevada last week @ Hawaii. Nevada, honestly IMO, is not a really good football team....Cody Fajaro just takes games over. Period. Rocky Long usually does a good job against these types of QB's (held UNC's Marquise Williams in check aside from one 15yd run) & option teams. Last year they held Nevada in check for 3 qtrs, then fell asleep for the last qtr of the game. Regardless, there is still every bit of chance for Fajaro to take this game over, b/c he has done it in virtually every game so far this year.
SDSU should have little problem moving the football.....Nevada's defense really isn't very good IMO. They should be able to run the football like they have all year long against tougher defenses. QB Kaehler looks near 100%, & the biggest thing is they get their best player back in WR Ruffin. Stat: Before Ruffin's injury SDSU passing offense averaged 280yd/gm, after Ruffin's injury they averaged 130yd/gm. Not necessarily b/c Ruffin gains 150yds, but b/c he takes slack off SDSU's younger WR's and demands more attention.
I'm pretty confident SDSU can come out of Reno w/ a win this Saturday. Not only are Kaehler & Ruffin healthy, but so is LB's Largent & Fely (although Fely's role I will expect to be limited). I believed preseason that SDSU's young secondary would benefit from playing Oregon St & UNC early in the year b/c it would prepare them for conference play, & I think the young D has looked better than expected.

I'll try to get some more thoughts up later. Cheers!

On FSU, very rarely can a team just turn it on when it's needed every time over the course of a full season. Maybe FSU is the team that can. But if they keep dicking around in the first half, they will eventually get beat. Not sure it's at Louisville, but if they make the playoff, I don't see them getting out of the first game unless things change. Good luck with your plays, always love reading your stuff

Totally agree GPS. I just have to go w/ what my eyes show me sometimes....especially when it gets to week 10 in the season

Thanks Inspek!

Have some fun on a Thursday Night:
L'Ville (+4)

Really nice reads. I learned a few things in there and I like your angles for the most part. I disagree about the Utah state wide receivers but I am on board with Kent Myers. He is going to be a very nice fit. Garretson was actually throwing the ball decent though and this is not a good spot for Myers or for the team. Mountain division is clearly the loaded side of that conference. Utah State matches up well defensively against what Hawaii does so I don't think our favorite fourth stringer needs to do much other than play within himself. I just dislike the spot. A win does make Utah state bowl eligible and you are not asking for much more than a win when laying that low number. I love the Utah state kids .. gritty winners.

Thanks guys.

And thanks for the input VK.

obviously running slow and short on time this week

rice -6.5
UNC +15 and ML (+535)
va tech -3
pitt -3

back for more later

And ML PARLAY:

OU, Wisky, Fresno St, Houston

i really like Wisky and Fresno ATS as well. Wisky road woes makes me stay off them though

Florida +11
Arky +11
Texas -3

Lean pretty heavy on Kentucky and Stanford. Might come back and add them. Probably be back later to add SDSU and if Fresno line can dip a little I will add them. I think they roollllllllll

Kentucky +7.5
stanford +7.5
navy +14
sdsu +3.5

Will add Fresno if it gets down to 2 TD's. I won't be around probably though.
I have my reasoning for all but obviously am very low on time this week. Lots of family stuff going on.
If you are on the opposite side of me today then you are prob on the right side. Lots of fade material here today

Back