Week 10 FWIW

jimmymo

Beer and Betting Belong Together
15-11 ytd and up some units....out of town last weekend (wife took me to Reno....love it there!)

This is one of the weeks where the P12 games look "easy" -- which means I am going to get fukkin killed

USC +4 1/2 v. Oregon....2 Units.....not completely sold on Oregon at all (especially the D that has been a bit exposed) and really do like Slovis on the other side....rumor that USC is getting some of the D starters back and maybe even Carr...I really think the Trojans get the outright win here

Utah -3 1/2/-3 @ Washington........4 units (2 units @ -3 1/2; 2 units @ -3).....I got this earlier with better spread and have more than 2 units, but cannot advise a bigger bet at this number.....I think it may come down a bit and I will up the units.......this seems fairly simple.....Moss is going to have a fukkin FIELD DAY on the UW defense...Utah may have 40 minutes of TOP here and unless the UW can really get it going on offense and not get frustrated, this may be a long day..I think the UW will really struggle to run the ball and this will put a lot of pressure on Eason and our corps of Mountain West-talented receivers (save Puka, who is a fukkin baller).......it is my humble opinion that Utah is by far the class of the P12 and I do not see them leaving Seattle with a loss...

Oregon State +6 @ Arizona.....1 unit.....[thoughts to be added]

UCLA - 6.5 v. Colorado......1 unit.....[thoughts to be added]

Last edited:
USC defense is so Bad, Oregon might score 30.

Hoping some health and home field will help the USC D....and USC scored 30 on Utah, which is a better defense than Oregon has.....If Oregon goes in an gets a solid win here, I tip my cap to them......just have a feeling USC really shows up for this game and Oregon's good fortune runs out..

Seems like it be so pac12 for at least one of ducks or utes to lose! Lol. Tend to agree with you it prob be ducks.

Utes look to be gaining steam, my only concern is their corners and udub getting ball out quick to negate the strong utes pass rush. Agree udub won’t have any success on ground, just keep looking back at way usc qb carved utes up and worry Eason can do same., curious bout your thoughts on that? Don’t disagree w any of what you posted.

Beavers look like a live dog to me as well, I’d argue we getting the better team at this point as dogs:

USC defense is so Bad, Oregon might score 30.

Ducks prob Will score 30, USC might score 30 as well tho, lol. Couldn’t a case be made usc has better players in their passing game than wazzu who just went up and down field on ducks? Quack attack defense has not looked nearly as strong recently.

Seems like it be so pac12 for at least one of ducks or utes to lose! Lol. Tend to agree with you it prob be ducks.

Utes look to be gaining steam, my only concern is their corners and udub getting ball out quick to negate the strong utes pass rush. Agree udub won’t have any success on ground, just keep looking back at way usc qb carved utes up and worry Eason can do same., curious bout your thoughts on that? Don’t disagree w any of what you posted.

Beavers look like a live dog to me as well, I’d argue we getting the better team at this point as dogs:
Utes made some adjustments after USC. Jaylon Johnson is a likely first round pick. I'm more worried about uw's big slot receiver on Utah's smaller nickel.

Pac12 officiating is also sketchy at best and Larry Scott is shady AF. The ONLY chance the pac12 has at the playoff is one loss Utah playing one loss Oregon in their championship game.

Utes made some adjustments after USC. Jaylon Johnson is a likely first round pick. I'm more worried about uw's big slot receiver on Utah's smaller nickel.

Pac12 officiating is also sketchy at best and Larry Scott is shady AF. The ONLY chance the pac12 has at the playoff is one loss Utah playing one loss Oregon in their championship game.

Seems like there a time in most seasons that type scenario sets up for them like it seems to be this year but inevitably one or both blow it. If one blows it now the other will in the championship game or another time leading up to it, just my perception on the matter. I’m sure you follow much closer than me to know if that realistic or just my skewed perception! Lol.

What I really don’t wanna see happen is a one loss conf champ ducks get left out, I think that sends a huge statement that nobody should schedule anything but cup cakes out of conf if that auburn loss kills their chances. None of us want that!! Don’t really expect ducks to run table anyways tho, they seem incredibly beatable all the times I’ve watched them.

I think they should just expand damn thing in a manner where all conf champs get in which should solve that problem.

Hearing Puka Nacua hurt his foot in practice and isn't playing tomorrow. I don't know if that's 100% accurate but it came from some dogman website.

Nothing confirmed, but I am inclined to believe the rumors......feel for the kid as he was really coming on strong.....a pretty big loss for UW tomorrow

Here is what has been posted by those in the know on the Dawgman Board

So, is Puka Nacua Healthy?

Right now, things aren't looking good. Someone had sent me a text this week asking if he was out for the game and I said I hadn't heard anything. After digging around, it appears that there might be something to be concerned about.

On the Utah board, if you read through the comments, UteZone's Steve Bartle, who is very well-connected in the state of Utah's recruiting scene, mentioned that he had heard the talented freshman, who, incidentally, had his best game as a Husky against Oregon two weeks ago, broke his foot in practice earlier this week. He followed that up with "the foot is at least in bad shape and at best he’s a game time decision".

I'm still on the fence on this one. I really think Utah should win and cover easily but uw keeps finding ways to pull these games out.

I am playing Utah only because I have watched this LB crew and run defense in general all year and think Moss is going to have a huge day..........If UW has a big day on offense like the Oregon game, it could be a nail biter....but this Utah defense is much better than Oregon.......

I am playing Utah only because I have watched this LB crew and run defense in general all year and think Moss is going to have a huge day..........If UW has a big day on offense like the Oregon game, it could be a nail biter....but this Utah defense is much better than Oregon.......

So many podcasts are saying they were impressed with washingtons run defense against oregon ; siting a statistic standard down run rate. I just know what I saw was oregon pound the rock through gaping holes when it mattered most. Not buying the washington run defense. I think UW is gonna give up points, i'm on utah and the over as well.

USC vs Oregon. As vulnerable as oregon d has appeared in just last 2 games against decent offenses the trojan defense is much worse imo. USC run defense may be worse than washingtons.

i can't see a huge difference between oregon st, ucla, arizona, and colorado in those pac 12 games. I think colorado would of been favored over ucla 2 weeks ago

Puka injury confirmed now.....apparently has already had surgery

Pre-game reports say Newton (RB), Cam Davis (RB), Tafasi (middle LB) all not suited up....UW basically has 2 RBs for this game.....

Back