Week 10 Discussion Thread

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
Maybe one of these threads I'll get the actual week correct. Or, maybe not.

Seattle visits Arizona on Thursday night with the ole weird 5.5 line...I have no idea here to be honest. I will still go with Seattle is overrated theory and it gets reflected in their lines but Arizona is an absolute dumpster right now...

Minnesota goes to DC in a virtual pick-em. The schedule picks up a bit for the Vikings as we move along. The Skins played a rivalry game, a West Coast game and now back for this. Not a huge fan of the spot there. Minny off the bye after London obviously.

Yup, I have seen it all. The Bears are -5 at home to the Packers. I get it, GB is not good at all and Aaron masked many of their flaws. Chicago, meanwhile has a good defense and plays a very controlled offensive game. I will not lie, you couldn't get me to lay points here with a gun to my head.

The Steelers head to Indy as 11.5 point favorites. That is astronomical. That is basically calling them 18 point favorites minimum at home.

Sir Phillip and his Chargers face Jacksonville. The Jax defense and running game should win this game. I think this line is right on. Always fear 4th quarter Phillip though.

Tampa is an absolute disaster right now. They have quit, you would think. And here come the Jets to town as a 1 point favorite. The Jets have the extra rest and have been obviously very competitive this year. New York should win this game but it scares me... couldn't run far enough away from a game than this one...

Tennessee and the Bungles. The bungles are absolutely dreadful. Here is another -5 line. What the heck this week? The Titans should win but would it be surprising to see a 20-16 or 17-13 final?

The Saints and the Bills is a fun match up. I will watch this one more than most on Sunday to be honest. Saints slight favorites here and have been rolling right along. Buffalo off the horrid TNF outing has had some time to let that sink in. I'll wait for Lex thoughts before any possible bets.

Lions laying 12 at home to the Browns. Classic Detroit let-up spot where Stafford rallies them for a 24-20 win in the 4th, haha.

Rams and Texans looked like one of the best games of the year until 5 days ago. Now, it is a size able DD spread. The Rams are good, but holy points here. Tough game, ats, imo. Even with Tommy Savage back there.

Dallas heads to Atlanta in what is a HUGE game for Atlanta. They are stumbling and bumbling their way through this season. Frankly, they should be under .500 at this point. Very interesting match up. Matty Ice turnover prop bet (wink).

The Giants and Forty-Niners meet up. I have nothing else to say.

New England and Denver reprise their mini-rivalry game. This is another inflated spread but who wants to back the Donks right now? It is tough. No thanks to this prime-time game.

Why is Carolina -9 to anyone? The Dolphins are so up and down so who knows but the Panthers offense has such a tough time being consistent sans NE/DET weeks... and why is Miami in prime time for the 3rd week in a row?

Okay, what say you?

Pats have tease written all over them & the books know it. They will be holding their collective breath praying for Denver to win to bust all those teasers. I had the line at 4 personally before Denver sucked so badly in Philly given Pats history in Denver. I still think they get it done given this isn't the Denver of the past four years. I'll be one of the many teasing Pats.

Zeke suspension in the air as usual & Dez with an ankle but heard he will be fine come game time. I hear the line in places where it's out (not fucking Bovada) is Atl -4. Someone please explain that to me. Dallas will be my teaser buddy with NE for sure.

Agree that Pitt & Rams are a bit heavy, took dogs here. I'll likely regret fading the Rams but seems like a classic spot where Pitt chokes.

Feel like Tenn-Cincy is a game that will be a surprise over. AJ Green will want to redeem himself in the worst way, which should be doable against the Titans mediocre D. Bengals D is better but they just gave up 23 to a Len-less Jacksonville with Bortles getting 259 and a touch throwing to WRs Lee and Hurms. Mariota is better and has better weapons. Think it's a 27-24 kind of game.

Havnt really dug in yet but my initial thought on thu is that game has 12-9 written all over it. Kinda surprised they set total above 40.

Feel like Tenn-Cincy is a game that will be a surprise over. AJ Green will want to redeem himself in the worst way, which should be doable against the Titans mediocre D. Bengals D is better but they just gave up 23 to a Len-less Jacksonville with Bortles getting 259 and a touch throwing to WRs Lee and Hurms. Mariota is better and has better weapons. Think it's a 27-24 kind of game.

I like green and Julio to bounce back for different reasons this week. Trying to work them both into dfs lineups this week..

Seriously doubt there any chance I could lay more than a fg w bears, no way I'd play pack either tho. maybe pack find way to steal a game or 2 outside division the rest of the way but I really think their NFC north foes all licking their chops to kick pack while they down, little retribution for the last decade of dominance.

Im always interested in chargers when I can get over a fg. Trying to forget how bad they did me in New England somehow not covering a 7.5 point spread in a game they very well could have won if not for boneheaded mistake by idiot punt returner and another ref fuck job in favor of pats when they called the most redic offensive pass interference I've ever seen on a play chargers wr did everything in his power not to make contact and the defenders ran into each other, another week another game NFL simply hands to pats by taking away a td on a bs call. Same shit every week it seems if pats in a tight game, fuckin joke.

Back on topic. Jags not the only ones sporting a solid defense in this game. think this one comes down to the wire as chargers defense capable of keeping them in it.

Kick me in the balls. I'm going take NYG. Lock of the week for me after all this "lost the locker room" talk. I think ELIte comes out and has a great gm. Hopefully these MEN are embarrassed from the "anonymous player" goes to the media. Golic went OFF on this guy this am.
Granted they do play SF.

I think they fully expect to continue drawing plenty of atl bets and/or would rather have some exposure to boys than the kind of action they might get on falcons at less than a fg. Shit I dunno, just the way it looks to me. Like most I'd be hard pressed to play any side other than Dallas, but I'm square and I think falcons issues are real. Lol.

Only if they let Jimmy play. Jimmy gonna put the moves on the Giants. Paging Joel Rifkin......

Is he going to? I was doing bunch of random reading last night and recall reading something to the effect shanny wasn't ready to put him in current situation or some crap. I was just surfing around and im sure it wasn't a source I trusted, so no clue if accurate! Lol

Is he going to? I was doing bunch of random reading last night and recall reading something to the effect shanny wasn't ready to put him in current situation or some crap. I was just surfing around and im sure it wasn't a source I trusted, so no clue if accurate! Lol
Still up in the air. Last I heard Jimmy was dressing but will be the backup this week.

No reason to put the future of the NFL in at QB with a bye week looming and their LT still out.

well I guess we got another reason why atl is -3. Looks like zeke suspended for real this time? Everything I had read early in the week was saying his hearing was today and it was unlikely it was gonna be ruled upon before Sunday. Apparently didn't take the judges any time to rule in favor of NFL? Shouldn't be surprised I guess, probably in leagues pocket, lol.

well I guess we got another reason why atl is -3. Looks like zeke suspended for real this time? Everything I had read early in the week was saying his hearing was today and it was unlikely it was gonna be ruled upon before Sunday. Apparently didn't take the judges any time to rule in favor of NFL? Shouldn't be surprised I guess, probably in leagues pocket, lol.
Hopefully, this will drive it up some more. Still think the boys are a better team. Anyone know Dez’s status? Last I saw was ???

All I've read is he hasn't practiced which doesn't mean much. Hopefully we get a better idea Friday.

No reason at all for SF to win this game, they lose & they pretty much lock up #1 pick & could trade it for 3-4 draft picks. SF will be in the playoffs in 2018, you heard it here 1st

No reason at all for SF to win this game, they lose & they pretty much lock up #1 pick & could trade it for 3-4 draft picks. SF will be in the playoffs in 2018, you heard it here 1st

Yes, they sure will. Rams and Niners about to flip the division standings over for the next 10 years.

Browns still have quite a bit to say about that 1 pick don't they? Either way yea I'm sure they will get a haul. Certainly wouldn't surprise me, Making the jimmy g deal has put them in great position to improve quickly.

Browns still have quite a bit to say about that 1 pick don't they? Either way yea I'm sure they will get a haul. Certainly wouldn't surprise me, Making the jimmy g deal has put them in great position to improve quickly.

The 49ers have solid rookies playing on both sides of the ball this year. Lynch is positioning this team very well. A 49er loss vs Giants pretty much locks up an 0-16 season & the 1 or 2 over all pick in a draft with some good QB's so there will be great value for these picks.

The Browns would srcew up a wet dream. How do they not take D Watson in last draft? You talk about a disfunctional organization, wow!!

Whomever in here was pimping Romo as being a sharp commentator I agree with. Romo pointed out that due to the turnover in NFL front offices, no one is "playing for the number #1 pick next season." I believe that shit. No one is out there tanking games on purpose.

Niners made a great move getting Garropolo who I think is every bit as good as the top QBs in the 2018 draft. I really hope they end up with the first or second pick and trade it to the Jets for a boat load of picks.

Lynch really looks like an astute GM so far. Garropolo for a second round pick was an absolute steal. I really wanted the Jets to pick Garropolo in round one of that draft but of course they screwed up and passed on him in the first two rounds.

Whomever in here was pimping Romo as being a sharp commentator I agree with. Romo pointed out that due to the turnover in NFL front offices, no one is "playing for the number #1 pick next season." I believe that shit. No one is out there tanking games on purpose.

Lynch and Shanahan were both given long term deals so they can go 1-15 or 0-16 and they are both safe. By getting Garropolo the QB position will be in great hands and they will auction off their first round pick and really build a nice roster around Garropolo.

No one isn’t trying on the field but if you think trading Bowman away wasn’t a sign of tanking... see the results since. Team was 3 points a game from being 5-2 and hasn’t been close since. It’s smart, though.

No one isn’t trying on the field but if you think trading Bowman away wasn’t a sign of tanking... see the results since. Team was 3 points a game from being 5-2 and hasn’t been close since. It’s smart, though.

Why go 5-11 or 4-12 when you can go 1-15 and either pick the top QB (not necessary for the Niners now) or sell off the pick for a ton.

Why go 5-11 or 4-12 when you can go 1-15 and either pick the top QB (not necessary for the Niners now) or sell off the pick for a ton.

Exactly, if the 49ers attempt to win this week vs Giants it's just flat out stupid. 49ers play their game get their expected loss & sell their #1 or #2 pick for 3-4 solid players & they are back. Winning sunday could delay the rebuild by 2-3 yrs

This has come up for decades. Remember these players and coaches are still playing to even be there next year. They don't gaf

The 49ers have solid rookies playing on both sides of the ball this year. Lynch is positioning this team very well. A 49er loss vs Giants pretty much locks up an 0-16 season & the 1 or 2 over all pick in a draft with some good QB's so there will be great value for these picks.

The Browns would srcew up a wet dream. How do they not take D Watson in last draft? You talk about a disfunctional organization, wow!!

They passed on wentz as well didn't they? Organization just a big ass joke. Pretty sure if I was one these stud qbs coming out I would pull a Eli or Elway and do everything in my power to avoid letting them draft me. No way in hell do ya wanna get drafted by browns and have the 1st 7 years if your career in the toilet. Although from looks of it Coleman and Gordon close to playing, that a lethal wr combo if they can stay on the field!!

Pride, half the guys on a team that bad won't be around next season and auditioning for jobs. Not to mention I dunno bout you but I hate losing at anything. I damn sure wouldn't be out there half assin it so the organization can get better draft picks!! Now obviously if I'm a gm or coach to lesser extent w job security I would def consider fielding a crappy team to improve my position.

I've played BUFFALO ML so far....Saints improved in the 2nd qtr of the season, coupled with the Bills loss in NY (which wasn't a surprise, and you have the team that keeps paying out favored. Bills are good at home, and bad on the road. Their splits are consistent year, after year. I made the game a pick. For the fantasy nerds, I think Kamara has one of those days, where nothing goes right.

Played WASHINGTON ML as well. The comeback in Seattle saved their season. The defensive line is excellent, and should cause some serious disruptions again

I'm not familiar with the opening of player props, my book does not have the late games yet.

Anyone else see a rushing prop for Alfred Morris?
I think he gets some yards

Thinking about tonight, reviewing defensive stats, etc. I simply began to think about how Cutler was always awful in prime time for the Bears. I'm a Cutler apologist as I felt he had a raw deal in CHI, but the dude always melted under the lights.

Part of me can't help but think this alone makes CAR a play.

Back