Week 10 Critical Injury Thread

VirginiaCavs

CTG Super Moderator
Staff member
List critical injuries here and talk about their significance here (why do those injuries matter). Gladly include updates on playing or not playing.

Gladly list the injuries themselves in bold so as to make them easy to find for our scrollers who wish to immediately separate the injuries themselves from the relevant discussion.

I'll start by asking if anybody has heard more detail as to whether Herbert will return for Oregon against UW? He's reportedly been "throwing dimes" in practice in pads

Weekly College Football Injuries
*Please scroll down to view all injuries

GAME #303-304
Miami Ohio - QB Gus Ragland (Lower Body) is "?" Tuesday vs. Ohio

GAME #305-306
Western Michigan - QB Jon Wassink (Shoulder) is out indefinitely
Western Michigan - QB Reece Goddard (None) has been named the starter Wednesday vs. Central Michigan

GAME #311-312
Ball State - 2nd QB Jack Milas (Elbow) is doubtful Thursday vs. Eastern Michigan
Ball State - 3rd QB Zack Blair (Ankle) injured last game, is out for season
Ball State - 4th QB Drew Plitt (None) has been named the starter Thursday vs. Eastern Michigan

GAME #313-314
Navy - QB Zach Abey (Head) left last game, is upgraded to probable Thursday vs. Temple

GAME #315-316
Troy - RB Jordan Chunn (Leg) missed last game, is probable Thursday vs. Idaho

GAME #321-322
UCLA - QB Josh Rosen (Undisclosed) injured last game, is "?" Friday vs. Utah

GAME #325-326
NC State - RB Nyheim Hines (Ankle) is "?" Saturday vs. Clemson

GAME #357-358
Appalachian St - RB Jalin Moore (Foot) is "?" Saturday vs. UL Monroe

GAME #361-362
Tennessee U - RB John Kelly (Suspension Served) missed last game, is probable Saturday vs. Southern Miss

GAME #367-368
Wisconsin - RB Jonathan Taylor (Leg) left last game, is "?" Saturday vs. Indiana

GAME #373-374
Massachusetts - QB Andrew Ford (Neck) left last game, is "?" Saturday vs. Mississippi St

GAME #379-380
Kansas State - QB Jesse Ertz (Knee) is "?" Saturday vs. Texas Tech
Kansas State - 2nd QB Alex Delton (Undisclosed) injured last game, is "?" Saturday vs. Texas Tech

GAME #381-382
Texas - QB Sam Ehlinger (Concussion) is "?" Saturday vs. TCU

GAME #385-386
Oregon - QB Justin Herbert (Collarbone) is "?" Saturday vs. Washington U

GAME #387-388
Arkansas - QB Austin Allen (Shoulder) is "?" Saturday vs. Coastal Carolina

GAME #403-404
UNLV - QB Armani Rogers (Concussion) is "?" Saturday vs. Hawaii

GAME #409-410
Middle Tenn St - QB Brent Stockstill (Collarbone) is "?" Saturday vs. UTEP
Middle Tenn St - QB John Urzua (Concussion) injured last game, is "?" Saturday vs. UTEP
Middle Tenn St - WR Richie James (Shoulder) is out indefinitely

GAME #421-422
Stanford - RB Bryce Love (Ankle) is "?" Saturday vs. Washington State

GAME #373-374
Massachusetts - QB Andrew Ford (Neck) left last game, is "?" Saturday vs. Mississippi St

Ford was blindside hit after throwing a pick-six. Personal foul was called, replay said no targeting, but it took the TD off the board and App St wouldn't score that possession.

"We rallied our guys," Breneman said. "I said to them, 'Nobody is going to come into our stadium on an illegal cheap hit and still win the game.' I knew at that point we'd find a way to get the win for Andrew.

"They got pretty fired up. Our defense played lights out from that point. There wasn't a doubt. I knew we were going to pull it off."

That was scary to see him down so long. I just read apparently the strapping on the stretcher and ambulance was precautionary and hopefully there is no serious injury. Glad UMass got the win. Pretty damn good under the radar game.

Hard to see him playing next week, especially vs Miss St, but if it was truly precautionary he could. Comis has some experience backing him up, more of a runner I think.

May not be critical because Illinois sucks, but WR Mike Dudek was injured in the 3rd qrt, he DNP vs Min due to a knee injury. Kid has overcome alot to make it back this year. I can't find anything on what the injury is right now.

Big loss for Wake.

Wake Forest wide receiver Greg Dortch will miss the remainder of the season with an abdominal injury, the school announced Sunday.
Dortch underwent surgery Saturday night.

The redshirt freshman is coming off a career game in which he torched Louisville for 10 catches, 167 yards and a school-record four touchdowns. Dortch ranks second in the ACC with 722 receiving yards this season.

He also has excelled in the return game, where he's worked as both a punt and a kick returner. Overall, he's racked up 1,290 all-purpose yards this season, the fifth-most in FBS.

Wow that is enormous for Wake, difference maker for sure! I saw that he got hurt but I could've swore I saw him back in and even catch his 4th TD after that. Maybe it was something he played with until they evaluated him post game.

Dortch said he played with it in the second half, not realizing the seriousness. That's awful, he looked like he had a really nice burst of speed and great hands that helped him become Wake's explosive top playmaker. Their updated WR corps loses speed but gains size in D's replacement.

Jesse Ertz and Alex Delton

On Monday morning Jeffrey Martin, managing editor/columnist of K-StateOnline.com, posted a thread on the website message board titled: “Jesse Ertz is out…”

Martin then posted: “For the Texas Tech game for certain, sources confirmed to K-StateOnline. In addition, multiple sources told KSO it’s likely the senior quarterback is finished for the year.”

K-State coach Bill Snyder refuted that report, which cited anonymous sources, during the Big 12 coaches teleconference.

“I don’t think it’s accurate,” Snyder said. “I don’t know anything about it other than what I know about Jesse, and Jesse is going to play again.”

When asked if Ertz, who has been sidelined by a knee injury, would play when K-State faces Texas Tech at 11 a.m. Saturday in Lubbock, Texas, Snyder repeated the response he gave after last Saturday’s victory at Kansas.

“We’re hoping so and planning on it,” Snyder said. “It’s a day-by-day thing. He will be back on the field, at least that’s my understanding unless something happened overnight that I’m not aware of. He should be back on the field, but just how quickly remains to be seen.”

Complicating the situation is the status of Alex Delton, who started the past three games in place of Ertz but was hurt against KU and didn’t play the second half. Delton’s injury was undisclosed but could possibly fall under the concussion protocol.

“Alex feels fine,” Snyder said on the teleconference. “He was doing well this morning.”

http://cjonline.com/sports/catzone/...-bill-snyder-qb-jesse-ertz-will-return-season

I read this week that Snyder may've hinted Ertz playing vs KU and then when Delton got hurt they went with the rFr. So it might just be Snyder not showing his hand or revealing anything he may or may not know about Ertz' potential return. Either for competitive reasons or he just likes being coy.

Herbert update

http://registerguard.com/rg/sports/...of-oregon-quarterback-justin-herbert.html.csp

Justin Herbert is back on Oregon’s depth chart and taking snaps with the first unit in practice.

Whether that means he will be Oregon’s starting quarterback Saturday night against Washington isn’t information that Willie Taggart is ready to reveal.

The first-year Oregon coach continued to be cryptic when discussing Herbert’s status on Wednesday, mentioning “the good Lord” and “football gods” along with the sophomore quarterback and Taggart himself among those yet to determine Herbert’s fate.

“I think it’s in Justin’s hands and the good Lord’s hands to make sure he’s healed and ready to go,” Taggart said during his final media interview before facing the Huskies. “Nobody will know until we get out there and he takes a hit and we won’t know until the game because he won’t get hit in practice.”

So, how will the Ducks know if Herbert is ready to return?

“You won’t know,” Taggart said. “The football Gods will let us know.”

Herbert was in uniform for Oregon’s 41-20 victory over Utah on Saturday, but didn’t play. It marked the first time he suited up for the Ducks since suffering a fractured collarbone against California on Sept. 30.

After the game, Taggart said “I think if we needed to play Justin, he could have played”. Asked if Herbert had been medically cleared by doctors, the coach responded “Not one doctor told me he couldn’t play”.

Taggart was asked again Wednesday if Herbert was cleared to return.

“The doctors told us where he is and Justin told us how he’s feeling,” he said. “He goes out in practice and is performing well. If you saw practice yesterday, you’d have said, ‘OK, he’s ready’, but as I said the other day, we aren’t going to put him out there unless he’s healed and ready to go. We’re not going to jeopardize our franchise.”

Herbert, who hasn’t been made available for interviews since the injury, was taking snaps behind Oregon’s starting offensive line in practice and went through a couple of contact drills that he was held out of last week. He was cheered by teammates after throwing a deep ball to Charles Nelson in the end zone.

Oregon’s depth chart for the Huskies lists Herbert or Braxton Burmeister as the starter. Taggart said the final decision may not be made until pregame warmups.

“Justin made some big-time plays out there yesterday that got everyone excited,” Taggart said. “He’s competing and getting better and looking really good. Really good.”

Follow Steve Mims on Twitter @SteveMims_RG . Email steve.mims@registerguard.com .

Read speculation on a Bruin board that Rosen did not travel with the team? Supposedly Petros Papadakas (sp) reported it - not sure I believe that part. It sounds strange because even if they know e wasn't going to play why wouldn't a player of his significance not accompany his team?

This report has player's post practice interviews sounding like backup was going to start
https://www.bruinsnation.com/ucla-b...ball-qb-devon-modster-will-start-against-utah

Back