Week 10: All Hallows' Eve MACtion in Athens

Marsski

MAC Marvel
56-41, +16.25

Headed to Athens Tuesday for some prime time Halloween MACtion. No spread out yet, I guess because Miami QB Ragland status is unknown. I expect the Bobcats to play well with a rowdy, black out drunk student crowd out in classic Athens form.

Played a few tonight as soon as I got a crack at em:

Week 10:

Tuesday:
Ohio Bobcats -10 to win 1 unit
Bobcattians TT Over 32 to win 1 unit (-120)

Wednesday:
Western -6.5 to win 1 unit (-120)
Western -3.5 to win half unit (-115)

Western TT Over 25.5 to win half unit (-120)

Saturday:

ATS:
Houston/E Car Over 62 to win half unit
Va Tech -2.5 to win 1 unit (-115)
Maryland PK to win 1 unit
Colorado St. -2.5 to win 1 unit
Arizona +7.5 to win 1 unit (-115)

Iowa +17 to win 1 unit
Ok State -2.5 to win 1.5 units (-115)

Team Totals:
Houston Cougars Over 43.5 to win 1 unit (-120)
Arizona Wildcats Over 34.5 to win 1 unit (-120)

Oregon TT over 19 to win 1 unit (-120)
2H:
Buckeyes -11.5 to win 1 unit (-120)

Parlay: Maryland -1.5/Va. Tech -2.5 1 unit to win 2.56

Wongish Teaser: Toledo -2.5/CFla -6.5 to win 1 unit (-120)

Super Teaser (10pt): Ohio U ML/CFLa -3.5/Fresno St -5.5 to win 1 unit (-120)

65-51, +12.67

Lean Iowa, OK state, Western, Eastern

Last edited:
Headed to Athens Tuesday for some prime time Halloween MACtion. No spread out yet, I guess because Ragland status is unknown. I expect the Bobcats to play well with a rowdy, black out drunk student crowd out in classic Athens form.

Awesome! Halloween is a big time at OU isn't it, like they are known for that? Had some friends that went there from my high school. They probably do it on the weekend though right?

Awesome! Halloween is a big time at OU isn't it, like they are known for that? Had some friends that went there from my high school. They probably do it on the weekend though right?

Yeah, when I was going there in the old days it was the party all your friends at other schools came into town for...we tapped 4 kegs at 2AM one year for a rager...sounds like it was a little tame this year (happened Saturday) with cold weather keeping the crowd down a little...Nonetheless, I expect a revved up crowd with the Bobcats holding down first place in the East and our big rival in town...

https://www.athensnews.com/news/loc...cle_097b6b58-bce4-11e7-9b97-cf3a0b69a414.html

Meanwhile, the OU Police Department arrested 12 people on Saturday, compared to a total of 69 people arrested last year on both Friday and Saturday (Lucas again did not provide arrest numbers for Friday for the OU Police).

Only 12 arrested! Losing their reputation!

What do we think of the WSt QB? Wassink seemed to improve alot as a thrower as the season went on and was a good runner. Sucks for him.

Story on new 18y old frosh:
http://www.mlive.com/broncos/index.ssf/2017/10/wmu_coach_tim_lester_sees_grea.html

Would seem like WM can do what they want on the ground, but I was wondering if CM passing game could keep them in it?

The Freshman got his feet wet last game, and is being touted as a better dual threat than starter. I'm not that worried about it because CMU is so bad vs run (97th) that I think Western can establish the run and mix in some play action. I don't think there will be a huge drop-off. Maybe CMU can throw all over them...but looking at their year probably their only impressive win was in Athens and Bobcats coughed up the ball all day...

Mars whats your thoughts on Western? I am wanting to pull the trigger there and I see -6.5. My read was the D for western should be able to stifle what has been a pretty lack luster Central offense other than a pair of outliers. Thanks, like the card BOL this week.

Mars whats your thoughts on Western? I am wanting to pull the trigger there and I see -6.5. My read was the D for western should be able to stifle what has been a pretty lack luster Central offense other than a pair of outliers. Thanks, like the card BOL this week.

Yes, I agree although CMU is 48th in pass O so they can throw a little. Biggest negative to Western is starting a new QB with the starter hurt last game...see Post 10 copied below

Post #10:

The Freshman got his feet wet last game, and is being touted as a better dual threat than starter. I'm not that worried about it because CMU is so bad vs run (97th) that I think Western can establish the run and mix in some play action. I don't think there will be a huge drop-off. Maybe CMU can throw all over them...but looking at their year probably their only impressive win was in Athens and Bobcats coughed up the ball all day...

ADD:

Hoping Ragland won't be able to go...I think the Bobcats will score too much for Miami to keep pace, the Canadian dual threat is Pryoresque in the open field...will probably be on Bobcats TT over as well.

Ohio Bobcats -10 to win 1 unit

I have to cover wm vs cm so i appreciate your expertise in this area amigo and I hope you don't mind if I use it as a launching point. I was wondering if I could get your thoughts on the 'under.' I think BAR said they hit at a super high clip in midweek mac games. Gracias

I have to cover wm vs cm so i appreciate your expertise in this area amigo and I hope you don't mind if I use it as a launching point. I was wondering if I could get your thoughts on the 'under.' I think BAR said they hit at a super high clip in midweek mac games. Gracias

I don't play totals that much and when I do I go OV because of the OT rules, pace of play nowadays, poor tackling etc...I think OU's offense has hit a new gear with the Canadian being able to use his legs for huge plays as well as being an accurate passer. Not to mention the run/pass balance with AJ and Brown and Papi. So many weapons. I would only have the Over...but as I said not really my kettle of fish. I saw VK is on the under so you could check in with him...

I don't play totals that much and when I do I go OV because of the OT rules, pace of play nowadays, poor tackling etc...I think OU's offense has hit a new gear with the Canadian being able to use his legs for huge plays as well as being an accurate passer. Not to mention the run/pass balance with AJ and Brown and Papi. So many weapons. I would only have the Over...but as I said not really my kettle of fish. I saw VK is on the under so you could check in with him...

Whoops, I just realized I wrote up the wrong MAC o/u. LOL
I didn't have any opinion on WMU/CMU total anyway

ADD:

Iowa +17 to win 1 unit...terrible spot for OSU, waited for the 17 to pop....I had this one circled even before Saturday's incredible comeback. TE will give OSU problems, see PSU

Interesting MAC tidbit...Bowling Green and Kent State each have 1 win over FBS teams this year. And they each have that singular win vs the same FBS team, Miami of Ohio.

Interesting MAC tidbit...Bowling Green and Kent State each have 1 win over FBS teams this year. And they each have that singular win vs the same FBS team, Miami of Ohio.

I just ran across that in the PD article...to me, Miami is one of those teams that takes care of business against bad teams and gets an overblown rep.
Dating back to last year when they inserted Ragland, wins are Kent, @BG, @EMU, CMU, @Buffalo, Ball St in 2017 and Austin Peay, CMU and Buffalo this year. So basically @ Eastern is the best win in my view.
Losses are Miss State in the bowl (albeit by 1), Marshall, Cincy, ND, BG and Kent. they lost to fucking Kent without Ragland so you see how important he is...
They haven't beaten anybody worth a shit in a long time and the Bobcats at home are going to be tough coming off back to back 48 point performances and with Rourke playing out of his mind.
Maybe Miami's D can stifle the Bobcats but I don't see it. If Ragland plays they definitely have a better chance because there is a drop-off to the back-up, but how many can you expect Miami to score? Mid 20s at best and I think OU gets into the 30s for sure. I think we see 37-20 type game...

Miami's only chance to win is Ragland hitting a bunch of short passes and ball control and clunk it up. Could be a good correlated parlay game Miami & Under or OU & Over...I'm staying off the total but will play a slightly homerish OU Ovah

ADD:

Bobcats TT Over 32 to win 1 unit (-120)

ADD:

Iowa +17 to win 1 unit...terrible spot for OSU, waited for the 17 to pop....I had this one circled even before Saturday's incredible comeback. TE will give OSU problems, see PSU

Iowa has some studs on defense and they play on an elite level on primetime vs top competition

Easy money in the Bobcats game, I even went for an extra scoop unposted at halftime when Miami scored to make it 7 and the 2h line came -0.5. Had a great time in Athens.

ADD

Ok State -2.5 to win 1.5 units (-115)

Maybe I'm getting suckered in here, but I think the long line of people betting CMU is underestimating how bad their run D is...rainy weather in the forecast could turn this into a sloppy mess. All the more reason to like Western in my view...

ADD:

Western -3.5 to win half unit (-115)

One thing with Western Mich is Darius Phillips. Potential for KO ret, punt ret, INT ret TD any time he touches the ball. Wonder if they use him on O tonight?

One thing with Western Mich is Darius Phillips. Potential for KO ret, punt ret, INT ret TD any time he touches the ball. Wonder if they use him on O tonight?

I think I saw him in for one play on a reverse? I had the sound off so I can't be 100%...he's letting some of those punts go tonight...smart in this weather

ADDED a few....going back to a few old favorites:

Houston/E Car Over 62 to win half unit
Houston Cougars TT Over 43.5 to win 1 unit (-120)
Arizona TT Over 34.5 to win 1 unit (-120)

Last edited:
This might be my biggest card of the year. I feel real good about it so you know it's gonna go like 4-8.

Money to be made today boys, go get yours...

Anyone interested in Breeders Cup action today, head on over to the CTG horse racing section...some real knowledgable guys (not me) to consider...I do like #9 Lady Eli today in race 7...won 10 of 13, losses have all been nipped at the wire...Chad Brown/Ortiz...

Will be around this AM to discuss any games if anyone wants to break things down....

Last edited:
Back