Week 1

spottie2935

Read Lines, Not Books
Rams +1.5
Any week 1 Thursday small favorite or underdog that won more than 10 games the previous season , since 2013 are 17-7 ATS

week=1 and PRSW>10 and line>-3 and season>2013

also if they will favorites the following week 16-4 ATS
=-==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Cards+3

A Sunday favorite that will be a favorite the following Thursday are 7-26 ATS IF the current weeks line is >-8.5 if the game is played between week 1-8 and this data has occurred after 2014.

F and n:F and n:day = Thursday and line>-8.5 and season > 2014 and week<10

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-

Steelers +6.5

Week 1 curse of the superbowl loser.

Also falls into this. A division favorite in a game played before week 5 that is line is greater than -7. This favorite will be a dog the following week 77-137 ATS

F and line>-7 and DIV and week<5 and n:D

Patriots +2.5
also falls into the same query

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-===-=-==-=-=-==-=-=
Texans +8

I am willing to chance this one.

week = 1 and HD and line>7 9-1 ATS
-==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==--==-=-=-=
List :
Rams +1.5
Cards +3
Patriots +2.5
Texans +8
Steelers +6.5

Last edited:
Rams also fall into another trend. Any team that has to travel more than 800 miles for a Thursday night game has an abysmal ATS record. Not sure if it matters as much in the first game of the season however.

Rams also fall into another trend. Any team that has to travel more than 800 miles for a Thursday night game has an abysmal ATS record. Not sure if it matters as much in the first game of the season however.
Dont need to do too much digging on a team i like:cheers3:

I havnt really looked at it or thought bout it much but def could see myself on rams as home dogs against anyone. I could play Steelers but I’d prefer to hear they pull heads out of asses and start Pickett before doing so.

It’s funny cause I been one of the biggest Baker bashers there is but think I love panthers vs browns week1. I don’t think baker awful, I just didn’t think he was a #1 pick, I know he will be super motivated here, his personality screams he has to beat browns to rub their noses in it, plus I really like the panthers defense against brissett.

I havnt really looked at it or thought bout it much but def could see myself on rams as home dogs against anyone. I could play Steelers but I’d prefer to hear they pull heads out of asses and start Pickett before doing so.

It’s funny cause I been one of the biggest Baker bashers there is but think I love panthers vs browns week1. I don’t think baker awful, I just didn’t think he was a #1 pick, I know he will be super motivated here, his personality screams he has to beat browns to rub their noses in it, plus I really like the panthers defense against brissett.
I have enough on my plate not to think about the Panthers or Browns.

Steelers I think Ben being gone is a good thing. Run the ball and play D against a team that they dominate. Getting this many is a bonus. Bengals with a big game on deck too.

I have enough on my plate not to think about the Panthers or Browns.

Steelers I think Ben being gone is a good thing. Run the ball and play D against a team that they dominate. Getting this many is a bonus. Bengals with a big game on deck too.

Totally agree it addition by subtraction losing Ben, I just would feel way better with Pickett than trubisky!! Think Steelers got another home run in that wr out of Uga, just not sure he matter if trubisky the qb!! Steelers shocked everyone darling bills out the gate last year w garbage ben.

:cheers3:

Also agree less is more in week 1 so I understand not wanting to get involved w browns/panthers, I just think panthers a slam dunk so as of now they on top my card. After all browns are paying more for panthers qb than the guy who will be under center for them! I’m super high on panthers d, if you recall they invested a ton of draft capital in their d 2 drafts ago, it paid dividends last year and that was with their top 10 corner getting hurt early and not playing! Now horn is healthy and by all accounts has looked fantastic in camp. Cooper has always had a tendency to disappear on the road, I think Horn will be able to totally take him out his game to where he a non factor!! Imo best time to play panthers is early while CMC is still healthy!! Like I was saying I think this a typical spot where I can actually trust Baker as I expect he is working his tail off preparing for this game, no way is he gonna let them lose this game to the team who I have no doubt he believes slighted him!!

I just don’t fucjing understand why Steelers have this dumb fuck plan to let trubisky start the year?!??! You drafted a god damn 4 year college starter, what the point in waiting? He not gonna get any better holding a clipboard for that bum Mitch!! If you wanted to have another 9-8 type year with trubisky starting then you shoulda considered drafting Willis who prob would benefit sitting behind Mitch for a few months. Drafting a kid that as ready he ever gonna be then sitting him is beyond ignorant! Throw Pickett in and see what he can do! Wasn’t trubisky pathetic performance with the 1s for 1.5 qrtrs this past weekend enough to see this?? Then Pickett comes in w 5 min to go in half and marches Steelers right down for their 1st score!! This shit not rocket science, your ceiling with Mitch isn’t high, who knows with Pickett but there def a chance he wins more games zipping it all around to those weapons on the outside! So maybe he stumbles and ya only win 8 games? I don’t think that be the case but even if it is so what? Is finishing a game above .500 every year something to Brag about like some badge of honor!!

I just don’t fucjing understand why Steelers have this dumb fuck plan to let trubisky start the year?!??! You drafted a god damn 4 year college starter, what the point in waiting? He not gonna get any better holding a clipboard for that bum Mitch!! If you wanted to have another 9-8 type year with trubisky starting then you shoulda considered drafting Willis who prob would benefit sitting behind Mitch for a few months. Drafting a kid that as ready he ever gonna be then sitting him is beyond ignorant! Throw Pickett in and see what he can do! Wasn’t trubisky pathetic performance with the 1s for 1.5 qrtrs this past weekend enough to see this?? Then Pickett comes in w 5 min to go in half and marches Steelers right down for their 1st score!! This shit not rocket science, your ceiling with Mitch isn’t high, who knows with Pickett but there def a chance he wins more games zipping it all around to those weapons on the outside! So maybe he stumbles and ya only win 8 games? I don’t think that be the case but even if it is so what? Is finishing a game above .500 every year something to Brag about like some badge of honor!!
:cheers3:

Back