Week 1 w Marsski

Marsski

MAC Marvel
0-0

Welcome back boys.

I was fucking around this year and didn't re-up in a timely manner so I got some stale lines here in week 1. Hopefully, it won't matter

Only one MAC play this week, fading Kent with Illinois....

Week 1 Card: All bets to win 1 unit

Friday:
Duke/Army Under 45 (-108)

Saturday
THE OSU -38 (-116)
Illinois -16
Texas -13.5 (-114)
UNLV +26
ND/Mich Under 46.5

Last edited:
I know you guys just care about my MAC thoughts. I'll post some soon.

I'm gonna sound homerish but Ohio U. has a very favorable schedule.

I know you guys just care about my MAC thoughts. I'll post some soon.

I'm gonna sound homerish but Ohio U. has a very favorable schedule.

Care about all your thoughts brother! Good luck this year and have fun along the way!!

MAC East should be pretty interesting this year...OU/Miami/Buffalo...just hope some fluke team like Akron doesn't win the division again

Care about all your thoughts brother! Good luck this year and have fun along the way!!

MAC East should be pretty interesting this year...OU/Miami/Buffalo...just hope some fluke team like Akron doesn't win the division again

I think I go OU/Buffalo/Miami but yeah...

Good luck to you, man. Always good to see you.

Mars - Good to see you on the board, wishing you the BOL on the season and look forward to MAC and other thoughts from you.

Always good to see you Mars. Ohio should have a solid season.

Interested in your thoughts on Buffalo. I won a good chunk backing them last year and plan on doing it again. Decent depth at some key positions too. But interested in your take.

i took Illini and over. Illini bringing a lot back plus Dudek. Kent State has a lot of below average QB's trying to learn a really fast system. They are gonna push tempo but get dominated at the line of scrimmage in my estimation. should lead to a lot of plays for the Illini offense and have to think they find a lot of pts against the Kent State defense, particularly if it tires.

i took Illini and over. Illini bringing a lot back plus Dudek. Kent State has a lot of below average QB's trying to learn a really fast system. They are gonna push tempo but get dominated at the line of scrimmage in my estimation. should lead to a lot of plays for the Illini offense and have to think they find a lot of pts against the Kent State defense, particularly if it tires.

That's pretty much what I was thinking. The Kent coach said at MAC Media Day that he would pick a QB but this week he wouldn't say who he choose between one of those bad QBs from LY and a washout from Auburn. One of their best OL at guard was injured for year in camp and they were moving a blocking TE in to play guard. That's not a good sign for one of the worst offensive lines in college football LY.
Small, no talent, new system and Illinois I think should be able to chuck it and RB Epstein has a little wiggle. I think Illinois is gonna be in the 40s just not sure what Kent will add.

With you on that Army/Duke UNDER. I took the 1st half UNDER though. Also on UNLV.

Illinois? Yikes! Hopefully they cover, but man are they a scarey team to lay DD with. Guessing this is more of a Kent State fade play.

With you on that Army/Duke UNDER. I took the 1st half UNDER though. Also on UNLV.

Illinois? Yikes! Hopefully they cover, but man are they a scarey team to lay DD with. Guessing this is more of a Kent State fade play.

Yes. Kent will be awful and especially early in the season since they are switching offenses. I do think Illnois has decent WRs this year with Dudek and Smalling.

Ohio U:
So loaded on offense, they have a QB that can make huge plays with his speed in the MAC. They will really miss their LBs Poling and Moore, but the DL and secondary should be solid. No Toledo on the schedule and Buffalo at home. @ Miami on a six day turnaround is tough but OU hasn't lost this rivalry game in a while (at least five years). They could be undefeated going into NIU in week 6.

Buffalo: Their Cannon armed QB is only gonna get better if he can stay healthy. Lost a bunch of close games in the MAC last year, I think they put those away this year. I expect them to be dominant in the MAC on both sides of the ball along the line.

Miami: QB Ragland has proved himself in the MAC with 9-2 record as a starter, they have a bunch of seniors....the pieces are there. But they have been supposed to make the leap in the East the past two years and can't get over the hump. Interested to see how they do vs Marshall in the opener...not ready to buy into them yet...

0-0

Welcome back boys.

I was fucking around this year and didn't re-up in a timely manner so I got some stale lines here in week 1. Hopefully, it won't matter

Only one MAC play this week, fading Kent with Illinois....

Week 1 Card: All bets to win 1 unit

Friday:
Duke/Army Under 45 (-108)

Saturday
THE OSU -38 (-116)
Illinois -16
Texas -13.5 (-114)
UNLV +26
ND/Mich Under 46.5
On the UM under, UNLV ad Tejas-10 EARLY LINE

I bet Central Connecticut +14 @ Ball. Is ball any better than 2017 ?
Welcome your feedback :shake:

I am actually on ball state tonight as I gave them a pass for 2017 given how they were decimated by injuries last year similar to my Heels. Offense should be explosive but defense to me is where they are still shaky, but I will defer to the expert for more details.

Sorry I missed this Bull. Looks like Ball had a big day. Agree with Carolina's assessment that injuries decimated them last year. They still have a lot of questions on defense in my mind...

BG: Feel like they found a QB last year in Doege. The last four games he had 11 TDs vs 2 picks and 3 games with 250+ yards passing. OL should be a problem but offense should be better and they might be able to be a surprise not terrible MAC team. They do have a tough schedule though drawing Toledo and Western Mich (2 of top 3 in MAC West) I like the move to bring in DC Pelini, he's not a great coach but better than his brother. I'm thinking the defense will be better...I got these guys above Kent for sure and maybe Akron....

Akron: Everything broke right for Akron last year. I like Cato Nelson the new QB for his arm strength and ability to make plays with his legs but he does force balls into coverage and make dumb mistakes. I think he'll be inconsistent this year, show some great things and then throw a bunch of picks.
Not really a fan of the RBs now that the top guy and Warren Ball are gone.
Losing DC Amato is a big loss in my book, I know the new guy is his protege but wouldn't be surprised if they regressed on D a little although Ulysses Gilbett might be the best defensive player in the MAC. I don't know, I'm kind of down on these guys

Kent: Small, no talent, bad offensive line, switching systems. They are gonna be terrible. I hope this new guy can recruit.

Back