Week 1 Thoughts/Plays

jimmymo

Beer and Betting Belong Together
Have some time and decided to write-up some thought on the UW Boise game....will add other games too, but I really am sold on this one.

Georgia State/Illinois/Boise State ML Parlay......2 units to win 1.7

Boise State -12 v. UW…….4 Units

First things first, I love what I have seen and heard about Coach Pete...for those that don’t follow the program closely, there is a LOT of excitement about him and what pretty much everyone in the local fanbase feels is a major upgrade from Sark…that said, this is a great opportunity to get on the other side of what I think will be a shaky start to the season…..

When Washington has the ball. The place to start is at QB, where the word is that true freshman Jake Browning will get the start over junior Jeff Lindquist and rFR KJ Carta-Samuels….from what I have heard, one of the biggest reasons for going with Browning is that he has been extremely decisive with the ball during camp -- I heard a crazy stat where his average holding time from snap to release during camp was in the mid 2 second range, where the other two were almost a full second higher….but you throw him into a very difficult environment behind a OLine that has very few career starts (I don’t know the exact number off the top of my head, but I believe it is 6 or 7 TOTAL), you may be asking too much…..on top of this, you add in the fact that Boise brings back a very talented and deep defensive line that will bring a lot of pressure and I just can’t see how things go well for the UW on the LOS when the UW has the ball…..if Browning happens to make a bad decision or two early, then he may start thinking/holding the ball and things could go really downhill……OTOH, can the UW run the ball against Boise? For starters, Browning (unlike the other two) is not really a running QB, so Boise really doesn’t need to worry about the zone-read and other QB option running stuff…..while Boise had some issues against the rush last year, I still think there is a huge advantage when comparing what the UW brings to the table with the run against the Boise front 7 (Boise returns a very good LB corps too)…..Dwayne Washington will start for the UW at RB…he is fairly big (6’ 2” 220), but imo still is kind of the home run threat kind of guy and not the bishop sankey type with great vision/cutting ability that can get yards in congestion….plus, he has issues holding on to the ball in the past….if he isn’t getting it done, keep your eyes open for Myles Gaskin (another TFr) who has apparently been great in fall camp…but again, a TFr in a tough environment….

When Boise has the ball. If there is a way for the UW to stay in this game, it will be the result of a huge effort on defense…and it is very possible….a lot is being said about the UW losing a handful of NFL-talented players on defense, but they still should be pretty good (above average in the P12 imo)….the losses to the DLine are most significant and boise does bring back a very good (and experience group)…the UW LBs will also be above average in the P12, event with the losses of Timu and Shaq….Feeney played great at times last year as did victor….although fairly obvious, the huge match-up in this game will be whether the UW front 7 can stop boise on the ground….if they cannot, then this game could really get out of hand……Boise is obviously starting a newbie at QB in Ryan Finley, who played a bit last year…he is a bit of a wild card, but the folks on the boise chat boards seem to be pretty high on him through camp…that said, I really do not expect boise to throw the ball a ton downfield….the UW defensive strength is the secondary and Boise has no reason to try and press matters downfield unless they get smacked in the mouth trying to run the football and are forced to throw……my guess is that we see Boise run and throw short screens/dumps/bubbles early and if it works, often…..my guess is that the UW will have moderate success early on defense, but will eventually get worn down and Boise will put up solid offensive numbers……that said, if they get going early, it is going to be a long, long night….

Halftime Prediction……..Boise 17 UW 7
Game Prediction………Boise 40 UW 17

Big play to start out the season for me..........GL degens

Last edited:
Hey Jimmy, I want you to win this one for selfish reasons-and let me wish you GL all season.

Thx fellas....gonna be a great year, as always........

Georgia State/Illinois/Boise State ML Parlay......2 units to win 1.7

Bad, bad, bad start........goddamn this UW/Boise game should have gone the other way.....i don't feel terrible about the cap, but a brutal ST play and a couple bad decisions by the boise staff..........Peterson outcoached this boise team and it almost made the difference outright......the play here was absoluutely the under....i wish i would have seen it earlier than today.....i played it,but not enought,, and didn[t post it it other than in the in-game thread, so it doesn't matter.......tough day for me with GSU (RAS 2 unit loser, which is RARE!!!).......MSU loser.....gd, I was LUCKY to grab baylor at 34.5 last week and lucky that they woke up....fukkin stupid ass jimmymo fwho played "hookey" from work today so I could start drinkning early and bet everything on the board.....should I have gone to work? Fudkk no...worked from home.....jakked off twice to selena gomez picss and lost a few hundred dollars with gsu, msu and boise......wife now sleeping and me serendipitiously getting to the garage for a little bumpity bump............and of course I got a lot of gooooooooooooood weed..............fukk it boys...this is THE LIFE

The under was the play. I had a bunch of guys from two separate groups I cap with tell me as much and I still settled on Boise instead when it went to 10. The blunder at the end of the first half was insane. Petersen just started loading the line of scrimmage and Harsin has such incredibly low regard for Finley that he never even attempted to make them pay except for one long pass where the wr was wide open ... never tried again. Punt return to the 27 for a FG, Punt return for a Td, Blocked punt for a FG ... so basically the Boise punt unit accounted for every single Washington point.

Of course your are right about the under.....i saw it too late and came in for only half my boise bet...and I even bet it about an hour before game at 54 and was SCARED b/c it had dropped (bad number, bt still OK).......it was the only way to go, but I don't feel bad about the boise minus play...it was a plus EV play imo, just didn't work out......fukk.....lots of games tomorrow....and thank god I have a LOT of action following your card......huskies had no business being in this game, but boise gave it to them.....

JFC.....I am "only" down about 4 units so far...so a long ways to go........i'm embarassed to say this, but I will be in reno for week three....my wife went there last fall with her mother in law and had a great time...so dragging me there ........gonna sit and play 1=2 no limit for 30 hours, while betting on every game on teh card.......not even sure why i am admitting this, but just up, drunk, happy and capping!!

Bad, bad, bad start........goddamn this UW/Boise game should have gone the other way.....i don't feel terrible about the cap, but a brutal ST play and a couple bad decisions by the boise staff..........Peterson outcoached this boise team and it almost made the difference outright......the play here was absoluutely the under....i wish i would have seen it earlier than today.....i played it,but not enought,, and didn[t post it it other than in the in-game thread, so it doesn't matter.......tough day for me with GSU (RAS 2 unit loser, which is RARE!!!).......MSU loser.....gd, I was LUCKY to grab baylor at 34.5 last week and lucky that they woke up....fukkin stupid ass jimmymo fwho played "hookey" from work today so I could start drinkning early and bet everything on the board.....should I have gone to work? Fudkk no...worked from home.....jakked off twice to selena gomez picss and lost a few hundred dollars with gsu, msu and boise......wife now sleeping and me serendipitiously getting to the garage for a little bumpity bump............and of course I got a lot of gooooooooooooood weed..............fukk it boys...this is THE LIFE

:clappy::clappy::clappy::clappy:

:clappy::clappy::clappy::clappy:
ng

LOL.....still rolling........me and 16 y.o. step son still up (watching wolf of wall street...lol)....he is high functing autistic...a great kid, but just very socially awkward...the thing is that he is talll and lean and a good looking kid.......but i am trying my hardest to teach him that he needs to talk at a 2 (out of 10) and play aloof with the ladies....he has a couple who have interest and i am working hard to get the message that he needs to play it cool....goddamn, if I had the knowledge i do now at a 16 y.o., it woud have been lights out for me....but i didn't.....i dipped into a very good friend/gf when i was 15, but kind of a bad situation and that was it for a bit....dumb-ass conscience....got over that quick after that.......but just wnat him to have good HS experiencees....if necessary,I will take him to vegas on 18th bday and get him some action.....

what the fukk happened tonight..........win or lose, i love some fottts

Can't tell you how impressed I am that you spelled serendipitously correctly while shit faced

USC -27 1/2 over arky state.....3 very drunk units.....if this isn't a spot where Sark owes the alumni a cover, I don't know what would be.....Jesus fukkin Christ......

Back