Week 1 Plays

RaiderRed

Pretty much a regular
First Time to post picks, but have been lurking around for about a year. By far the best sight on the net. I hope I can add some insight and contribute a little bit. If anyone has any questions about Texas Tech, let me know. I have been to many practices and listen to the local Rivals.com radio guys (who have great inside info and insight) daily.

Thursday Night

LSU (-17.5) Missy St. -- 2 units

I just see LSU's front 7 controlling the line of scrimmage against the Bulldogs. LY Miss St had 14 yrds. on 21 carries. Avg. score of last 6 meetings have been 42-7. Miss St. also breaking in 3 new starters in the secondary, and will be challenged by new OC Crowton, (oregon last 2 years), Flynn, and speedy recievers. Hate betting SEC dogs but, I just had to bite. LSU 35-10

Saturday

V. Tech (-27) ECU 2 units

I can not imagine the electricity and anticipation surrounding this game for the V-Tech community and it's football team. V. Tech in a rout 42 -7

Monday

Texas Tech (-8.5 and u 59) 5 units and 3 units

Coming into this season alot has been said about the graduation hits Tech took in the Receiving Corp. and in the O and D-lines. With that being said, the D-Line is still very, very questionable. However, Tech's receivers will be just fine, especially with Harrell having another year under is belt at QB. Keep an eye on #5 RS freshman Michael Crabtree. He is a former QB out of Dallas Carter, and will be an absolute star. Extremely athletic and I never saw him drop a pass in any of the practices I attended. The Offensive Line has seem to come along very well and the are freaking huge. Avg 6'5 331 lbs. With that being said I see Leach taking advantage of SMU's smallish D-line( AVG. 6'2 268 lbs.) and running the ball a little more than usual. I see rb. Woods (958 yds ly) having a big game and breaking or coming close to the 100 yd mark. (Alot of yards in this offense.) Tech will still throw the ball around 50 times, and hopefully with Harrell having another year in this offense, he will make fewer mistakes. I see SMU trying to also get their running game started with their huge back Wynn (6'2 230) and Tech's suspect D-line. Bennett also seems to have an idea on how to slow Leach's O down a little bit. Avg. score the last 5 yrs. 36-10 with ly game being 35-3. TECH 31-14

Good Luck guys....may add more later

Likey, Likey, Likey

Good insight on TT bro. Already on them as well and good to see some TT experts with good words about the team.

Good stuff bro...TTU line has looked better and better as it continues to fall..

Just haven't seen them cover much of anything away from home last few years..

GL this season.

I hate Les Miles playcalling but how bad is Croom's?? Leaning towards adding: Troy (+24) Arky and WVU and WMU (o 55). What do you guys think?

I am on both bro...

Hunt and myself hate Les Miles but fuck I'll take the win tonight...

Still wating on those two, but I'm adding two more units (7 total) on Texas Tech (slight homer), but I didn't realize until today that SMU is starting with 11 new defensive players. Adjusting from the speed of practice to the game, especially with Leach's O, is just too much. Slightly worried about my under, but I'm rolling with.

Well let me re-phrase that!! I believe that they have a few players coming back, (lost captain LB and S to inury and quit team), and the other two coming back are moved to different positions. According to the local Rivals.com radio station. Another thing that I heard, dont think it will be a big factor, is that Tech is borrowing the wireless headset,(OC to QB), from North Texas because Tech's "state-of-the art" system isn't in yet.

Not for sure if they have a scoop or not? The guys on the show run the site for Tech, but they opened up their show talking about no returning starters on d for SMU, and then later had former Tech QB and LA arena QB Sonny Cumbie on and asked him "how big his eyes would light up if he faced no returning starters on D."

im gonna go look at this again..... if true it is drastic last second change. brb with depth chart.

I agree....I will listen again tomorrow and call in if I have too, but I know "they" said that they had 11 new defensive starters. Flying to Dallas for the game tomorrow night, I will see what I can find out, and post soon there after.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=316 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top align=middle width=28 bgColor=#ffffff rowSpan=3>
dc_de.jpg
</TD><TD vAlign=top width=258 bgColor=#ffffff> 94 Patrick Handy | 6-2, 250, Jr., 2V</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top width=258 bgColor=#ffffff> 40 Justin Smart | 6-4, 225, Fr., RS</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top width=258 bgColor=#ffffff> 49 Jordan Johnson | 6-3, 240, Fr., RS</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2>
dc_dotted.jpg
</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=middle width=28 bgColor=#ffffff rowSpan=3>
dc_de.jpg
</TD><TD vAlign=top width=258 bgColor=#ffffff> 11 Cory Muse | 6-3, 205, Sr., 2V</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top width=258 bgColor=#ffffff> 91 Kyle Griffin | 6-4, 225, Jr., 2V</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top width=258 bgColor=#ffffff> 98 Adrian Dizer | 6-5, 220, So., SQ</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2>
dc_dotted.jpg
dc_dt.jpg
</TD><TD vAlign=top width=258 bgColor=#ffffff> 92 Charlie Berry | 6-3, 280, Sr., 3V</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top width=258 bgColor=#ffffff> 46 Zac Thomas | 6-5, 265, Fr., RS</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top width=258 bgColor=#ffffff> 95 Mickey Dollens | 6-3, 255, Fr., RS</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2>
dc_dotted.jpg
dc_nt.jpg
</TD><TD vAlign=top width=258 bgColor=#ffffff> 93 Chris Parham | 6-2, 250, So., SQ</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top width=258 bgColor=#ffffff> 56 Ryan Leonard | 6-0, 285, Fr., HS</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top width=258 bgColor=#ffffff> 57 Kyle DeGroat | 6-0, 255, Fr., RS</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2>
dc_dotted.jpg
dc_lb.jpg
</TD><TD vAlign=top width=258 bgColor=#ffffff> 38 Tony Hawkins | 6-1, 190, Sr., 3V</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top width=258 bgColor=#ffffff> 27 Will Bonilla | 5-11, 205, Jr., 2V</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top width=258 bgColor=#ffffff> 54 Taylor Bon | 6-4, 210, Fr., RS</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2>
dc_dotted.jpg
</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=middle width=28 bgColor=#ffffff rowSpan=4>
dc_lb.jpg
</TD><TD vAlign=top width=258 bgColor=#ffffff> 5 Wilton McCray | 6-0, 195, Sr., 3V</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top width=258 bgColor=#ffffff> 27 Will Bonilla | 5-11, 205, Jr., 2V</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top width=258 bgColor=#ffffff> 30 Jason Jackson | 6-0, 220, Fr., RS</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top width=258 bgColor=#ffffff> 29 Chase Kennemer | 6-0, 215, So., TR</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2>
dc_dotted.jpg
dc_lb.jpg
</TD><TD vAlign=top width=258 bgColor=#ffffff> 44 Damon Hurst | 5-11, 215, Sr., 1V</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top width=258 bgColor=#ffffff> 39 Ryan Moczygemba | 6-1, 218, Fr., RS</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top width=258 bgColor=#ffffff> 52 Pete Fleps | 6-2, 220, Fr., RS</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2>
dc_dotted.jpg
</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=middle width=28 bgColor=#ffffff rowSpan=2>
dc_cb.jpg
</TD><TD vAlign=top width=258 bgColor=#ffffff> 6 Bryan McCann | 6-0, 175, So., 1V</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top width=258 bgColor=#ffffff> 22 Brandon Jones | 6-0, 170, Sr., 2V</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2>
dc_dotted.jpg
dc_cb.jpg
</TD><TD vAlign=top width=258 bgColor=#ffffff> 21 Jonathan Lindley | 6-0, 180, Sr., 3V</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top width=258 bgColor=#ffffff> 22 Brandon Jones | 6-0, 170, Sr., 2V</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top width=258 bgColor=#ffffff> 35 Tim Crosby | 5-11, 170, Fr., RS</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2>
dc_dotted.jpg
dc_s.jpg
</TD><TD vAlign=top width=258 bgColor=#ffffff> 28 Bryce Hudman | 6-2, 200, So., 1V</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top width=258 bgColor=#ffffff> 33 Benson Sloan | 6-1, 190, So., SQ</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2>
dc_dotted.jpg
dc_s.jpg
</TD><TD vAlign=top width=258 bgColor=#ffffff> 10 Rock Dennis | 5-10, 175, Jr., TR</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top width=258 bgColor=#ffffff> 7 David Haynes | 5-9, 180, Jr., 2V</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2>
dc_dotted.jpg
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

i am counting 6 returning starters and another guy who had 2 starts or so. is this depth chart that off ?

Kyle, that is the depth chart that I had, but according to the Rivals guys it has changed. I took some notes as I was driving and then left the sheet in my work car. I will look at it and listen to those guys again tom. and post what I hear. I might not be making the most sense, slight buzz, but that is what I've heard (from the Rivals guys and drunks around the bar tonight) I will bring more facts tomorrow

Also...Kyle, Corey Muse (2nd team C-USA DE) is not playing and Hawkins moved from OLB to MLB b/c captain Carrington quit the team and McCray is supposedly out.

Great start to the season 5 -1 +15 units. Will try and give an assesment on what I saw at the Tech game today sometime tomorrow. Way too damn drunk, 2 hr plane delay so I sat at the bar forever, and tired from a rough weekend.

Back