Week 1 Picks

boose

I can't believe it's finally here. I will be marking the occasion with a trip to Vegas. Here are some of the games I will be playing between drinks at the pool and rolls at the craps table.

Rutgers (+8) vs. Wash St. 2 units
-Rutgers is a great value here. Should be a field goal game one way or the other. May take the Rutgers ML right before kick.
Bowling Green (-8.5) vs. WKU. 1 unit
-WKU lost a ton from last year, including their proven head coach. Will be a long year for the Tops.
Ohio St (-14) vs. Navy. 2 units
-Meyer has stocked the Buckeyes with a ton of talent. This line should be at least 20 no matter who is under center.
UVA (+21) vs. UCLA. 1 unit
-Everyone is high on UCLA this year. They fly across the country and play at 9 a.m. west coast time. UVA needs to keep this close and their coach is on the hot seat with a blowout.
Troy (-1) vs. UAB. 1 unit
-UAB's coach left last year to be the offensive coordinator at Louisville. There is little to no hope in Birmingham.
Purdue (-11) vs. WMU. 2 units
-Despite a few rough years, Purdue still has plenty of talent to handle WMU. The MAC is overvalued all over the board and Vegas will adjust, but not until next week.
USC (-21) vs. Fresno. 1 unit
-USC has heard all the talk from UCLA all summer and will be out to send a message. They have the talent as evidenced by the run at the end of 2013. Expect a strong debut from the new coach.
Washington (-15) vs. Hawaii. 1 unit
-Hawaii is talking about folding its football program. Can't imagine a worse cloud hanging over a season opener. Chris Peterson will have the Huskies ready to show the country he can win in a big boy conference.
Louisville (-3.5) vs. Miami. 2 units
-True freshman starting in a crazed atmosphere with a team and city ready to explode. Petrino will score early and often. Miami will struggle all night.

Good Luck to all.

Like the card Boose. Good luck and have a blast in Vegas.

Also welcome to the site and Go Cards...until they make that trip to Death Valley

Back