Week 1 NFL

2daBank

Voice of Reason
Dunno why I decided to make a thead? It been awhile. I prob be better off doing ncaa but what the hell!!

Phi/atl over 48.5. I considered falcons also but couldn’t lay 3.5 since I’m really not sure what they gonna be yet? I do think they be improved tho and I do like new HC. I don’t think Atl defense has improved enough to stop hurts from running around and making plays! Long as atl can block Eagles dline they should score plenty (much easier now that nfl has started allowing holding!). Both get to 24 and bang we got a winner!!!

jets/panthers over 45.. another over with kinda same theme. Dunno what either team be yet. home team has a excellent OC and bunch of weapons. Wilson looked pretty good in preseason, ppl can poo poo that all they want but don’t think panthers defense is gonna be some monster step up from what he saw in those games! Think the nfl be happy to see these lessor thought of teams in both these games put on a scoring show to draw interest! Let’s face it, nfl in the entertainment business these days so im approaching it like the dirty Mfers they are. Let these crappy olines hold to keep QBs slinging it and put on a show that inspires hope in both franchises!! 45 ain’t nothing to hit these days!

now back to my roots!! (Unders!)

sea/Indy 1st half under 24.., Wentz ain’t played a snap with these guys, maybe he will get fixed but sorry I need to see it 1st. Indy can lean on the run game anyways. Maybe Seattle let Russ cook, maybe not, I know he hasn’t played any in this new offense yet and colts defense is good. You know Pete still wants to run the ball. Should take some time for both offenses to find a groove vs solid defensive squads as I imagine they both take their time trying to establish the running games early on.

bears/Rams 1st half under 22.5. How is Dalton gonna get anything going behind this oline against Donald and co? Don’t even think allowing them to hold will help much here!! Poor guy already hated by whole fan base and now he gotta face one the best defenses in the league. I’m a believer in rhe stafford for mvp talk and all that hype but Mcvey doesn’t let anyone get reps in preseason so I just don’t buy it looks great right out the gates. Bears defense serviceable enough to hold them down while they iron out the kinks in the 1st half. Rams will probably lay waste to them in second half but the 1st is a bit of a struggle as they establish the run while Stafford gets comfy.

Washington fbt 1st half pk. Yes the chargers are exciting, yes Herbert is gonna be awesome, yes I think they better than Washington. That said new hc, system, rebuilt oline and the rookie coach comes from the Mcvey tree of not playing anyone in preseason. Taking your 1st live bullets against the best defensive line in the league is a lot to ask for anyone!! I think Chargers a playoff team this year but this a tough ask against a solid team who will be itching to go while Chargers still trying get it all sorted out while their bodies trying to wake up in the East coast early kick game. Maybe Hebert works some late game magic and pulls it out but we will have already cashed our ticket!!

lions +9., I know these guys will probably suck, I know I have made fun the new coach plenty and probably will many more times before he gets fired., by all accounts the team buys into the kneecap biter, they do have what should be a strong oline and a beast te, I think swift could be a great back if he ever stays healthy, Goff ain’t my favorite but he not as bad everyone says and he gotta be sick of hearing that!! Niners another team I love for the long term (as in I like them to win the nfc) so call me crazy but I think they gonna get more than they bargained for in this one!! I get the feeling lions are gonna come out w their hair on fire and run thru walls for this coach! That often enough to compete in nfl even with lessor talent, niners still don’t have the whole qb thing sorted out and I’m not a fan of that whole situation(I do love Trey Lance). Another early start for west coast team playing a team I think will be giving 110%!! Niners probably pull it out but lions keep it respectable.

steelers +6.5.. another game I’m admittedly betting against the much better team, bills might win it all this year and I’m sure the mafia be nuts back in stands supporting this team. That fine but I’m getting a veteran playoff team who rebuilt the oline, brought in a difference maker at rb and a td! Seems like a pretty good deal to me. I know bills worked on fixing the pass rush this off season and they probably did but it could take a little time. I know steeelers line was awful but they rebuilt and I trust this coach and franchise to have them respectable. Ben looks good right now and steelers have never lacked weapons, I think they can announce they not done quite yet and give bills all they want.

pats -3.., betting against another team I like in Miami, but I get pats at home only laying the fg? This ain’t last years team that was a lost cause from the jump! This is the best coach in the league having a squad built exactly how he likes! He might not love having a rookie qb but this was the most nfl ready rookie and his strengths are perfect for what pats want! I’m not any more worried bout Mac n cheese vs Flores than you should be bout Tua vs the master! I really don’t see Tua as any less a rookie than Jones and Tua facing the master of making young QBs look bad!! Fish didn’t even name Tua a caption, that can’t be good! Maybe they don’t see him as the answer, maybe they looKc at him and think “why didnt they draft Hebert!”. I’m being harsh, just having fun. This bet about taking what looks like a vintage pats team w a great line, stable of good rbs, couple good te’s, and another top 10 defense! And I only gotta lay a fg? Yes please. Should be a heck of a game but the pats get the W.

ok well so much for my selective approach I have been doing in nfl last couple years!! Back to firing away it seems! Lol

Last edited:
Go get em, bank. Will you on Stillers, Pats and not against you on anything. Pittsburgh 14-3 L17 as dog. Gonna dig into totals right now - only things I've played so far are AZ/TEN over 54 (tailing a guy i trust) and Pack TT under 27 (my play for W1).

BOL, brotha.

Go get em, bank. Will you on Stillers, Pats and not against you on anything. Pittsburgh 14-3 L17 as dog. Gonna dig into totals right now - only things I've played so far are AZ/TEN over 54 (tailing a guy i trust) and Pack TT under 27 (my play for W1).

BOL, brotha.

i think the titans gm prob gets over but didnt get before the move and little unsure bout titans offense with new oc. cant say anything bad bout it tho, looks like a shootout on paper. i dont think kingsbury is good for murray (or in general) but it shouldnt matter here, murray fresh and titans have no pass rush so he should be able to run around and make plays on his own regardless of scheme. dont really think either team has the defense to keep the other under 30 so what number ya get prob dont even matter.

pack tt is interesting, i like idea of fading 1st half tt with qbs who didnt play in preseason but not sure it matters for rodgers? im unsure about whether saints d still gonna be good so i didnt look at that game much, i already had way more plays than i had planned on!! lol. gl to you as well my friend

the bears/rams 1st half total is back to 23 which way better than the 22,5 i wrote, i figured it get back up to that but wasnt sure if i have time to do this in morning so just posted the number at the time,,, obviously im not playing it for a push but i do think it a way better play at 23 as that a pretty key number on a half total

i think the titans gm prob gets over but didnt get before the move and little unsure bout titans offense with new oc. cant say anything bad bout it tho, looks like a shootout on paper. i dont think kingsbury is good for murray (or in general) but it shouldnt matter here, murray fresh and titans have no pass rush so he should be able to run around and make plays on his own regardless of scheme. dont really think either team has the defense to keep the other under 30 so what number ya get prob dont even matter.

pack tt is interesting, i like idea of fading 1st half tt with qbs who didnt play in preseason but not sure it matters for rodgers? im unsure about whether saints d still gonna be good so i didnt look at that game much, i already had way more plays than i had planned on!! lol. gl to you as well my friend
speaking of more plays than planned, went 9-11-1 (-2.75u) yesterday. oh the irony, and not good news for my work on trying not to view everything as all about me...

speaking of more plays than planned, went 9-11-1 (-2.75u) yesterday. oh the irony, and not good news for my work on trying not to view everything as all about me...

I didn’t do so hot either, felt like I got hosed on so many totals. Ended up losing psu over by a damn point, horns got a garbage time 4th and goal they barely got in to go over, punt return in gators game to go over., shit was a nightmare, worst thing was if I woulda just stuck w my initial list of 5-7 instead of adding a bunch I woulda did pretty well! Can’t stand days where I feel like I shoulda made money and didn’t, those hurt cause you know there be days you deserve to lose coming, lol

I know I didn’t put amounts, i wasn’t real sure what they be when I posted as I’m doing mostly round robins and hadn’t gotten all figured out yet.. the 2 1st half unders are my favorites and the ones I have involved most the parlays!

Back