Week 1 - NFL BLITZ

BlitzBandit

Friend of CTG
Had some things going on recently and had not been around as much as I would have liked... but better late than never...

NFL is officially here... FINALLY!... and that's all that matters now...

so gl to everyone and let's all make it a helluva season...

now on to my picks for week one...

NY Giants +6

( 3 units )

I think Gold and I have been harping on this matchup for awhile now. Since then, the line has gone in our favor and the public is all over Dallas... you gotta love that shit.

Everyone seems to rag on Eli all the time. How he sucks and how he can't handle pressure and can't lead the team for shit. Eli is going to have an answer for all those comments come Sunday Night. He had one of his best preaseasons hitting 69% of his passes and threw 3 tds with no interceptions. And all that was with Plaxi, Shockey, and Toomer out for the majority of the time. There's no reason to think this offense can't move the ball and score on Dallas' defense. Manning threw for 4 tds and only one interception in their two meetings last season. That's alot better than Romos' 2 tds and 5 interceptions in only 6 quarters against the G-Men last year. That's not too good considering he played the G-Men when they were way ahead in the first game and injured severely in the second. You can brag about Romos' 200+ yards passing, but alot of that was garbage yards. He connected on two bombs in the first meeting against the Giants, but one was when they were down 26-7 and the other when they were down 36-15... nothing to really brag about. Plaxi and Shockey both scored in both games. Now with Toomer back in the lineup, Dallas needs to be more on its' toes.

Dallas' defense was nothing spectacular last season (24th ranked on paper) and their secondary did not show anything great in preseason, specially against Houston. So what?? Now Wade Phillips and Brian Stewart are supposed to be the saviors for the defense Bill Parcells had?? I don't think so. Manning and the Giants are entering this game off a little preseason rhythm and the Dallas defense has some question marks. The funny thing is that everyone is doubting the Giants secondary. And honestly, it would not surprise me to see them step up in this one and hold the receivers in check, specially if the front seven keep pressuring Romo like they did last season when they had 7 sacks and helped create 6 interceptions in their two meetings.

Strahan will be out in this one, but Justin Tuck is solid. They are not losing much. Jason Witten had two catches over 70 yards against the G-Men last year. That's great considering he only had 3 of those the whole season. The odds of him doing that again would not be great. If Romo keeps looking to his tight end all day, I hope he won't be expecting those long gains all day.

Jacobs is a big boy. His straight at you power running style seems to be bringing up all this talk about him getting hurt soon. Maybe that will happen, maybe it won't... but as long as he's healthy and carrying that football, all hell can break loose. It's true we haven't seen him carry the full load at 20+ times a game, but honestly... if he can bulldozer over opponents and average what he averages in the small amount of carries he had with usually short and goal situations with everyone keying on stopping him, what do you think he can do with 20+ carries a game? Against Houston in the preason, Dallas' rush defense allowed Ahman Green and Samkon Gado to both have over 8 yards per carry and combine for over 140 rushing yards. Dallas was ranked top 10 against the run last season, but this year they will be switching from a 4-3 to a 3-4 defense.... so look out... Here comes' Brandon Jacobs.

I'll be throwing some other plays out later.

Last edited:
love this play. glenn is out. that really helps the giants defensive secondary. one less weapon for homo to throw to.

im almost sure im playing giants +6, over 44 and an Eli +5.5 fantasy pts prop vs homo.

till sunday night it is.

Really leaned this way to BB...and saw Glenn was out..may add it now...Glenn is HUGE to that team IMO

I love how people " like" Dallas adding Wade Phillips. This was the guy that got booed out of Buffalo for starting Rob Johnson over Doug Flutie flakes.

He had a stacked defense in San Diego that worked, and now people think that he will make Dallas better for some reason?

He is replacing a hall of fame coach, but they think that he is some 3-4 guru, and that the cowboys will be better than they were with Parcells.

It's wade fucking phillips!

I am glad that you, Glyde and I feel so strongly about the Giants +6. The Line should be Dallas -3, but ESPN messed with too many peoples minds into thinking the Giants are a 6-10 team, and Dallas will be a lot better this year. Now only is it Dallas -6, but more people are playing that!

The reason Witten had good games, is because Pierce was covering him 1 on 1. Pierce is just flat out not athletic enough to do that. Dallas really tried to exploit this matchup, and especially in crunch time. It was so obvious.

Now, I'd fully expect the Giants to change their approach. It doesn't mean Pierce can't "occasionally" cover Witten, but leaving him in Man for long with Witten doesn't work.

If Glenn is out, then you can afford to send extra blitzers, or give Pierce the help he needs.

Brewer... agree about Glenn.. they will be limping a bit without him... gl this week bud.

BAR... 5-1 coming atcha LIVE... hehe... with no pressure to do it of course.. ;)

Tweets... appreciate it bud... and gl.

Ray... gl to you as well bro... hope we can all make it a good week.

glyde... great to see you in bro... and even better to see on the G-Men as well.. gl bud.

Yanks... I liked your card as well bud... gl this week.

Gold... good point on Pierce covering Witten... I agree with them needing to change that philosophy for this game if they want him out of the picture.. but either way, those long gains were rediculous... they need to shut that crap down. As for Phillips, I couldn't have said it any better myself.. it IS Wade fucking Phillips. That says it all. Really glad to see you on the G-Men as well.. hope we all cash it.

Troutman... great to know you like it as well... hope we all cash with it... gl bud.

And why does your first pick NOT surprise me?? haha. Good Luck Blitzer. Lets get this bus rolling. :cheers:

I see alot of things I don't like going into week one... I think the Chargers, Broncos, Seahawks, Steelers, and Eagles all make solid picks. Logic says those teams should all be dominant over their opponents this week... but the public is just ALL over them. That's not a good sign at all... specially when the line is not moving for shit...

anyway, I'll still throw a little bit on a few of them...

add:

Jacksonville -7

( 1 unit )

Gerrard is nothing spectacular to look at as a quarterback, but considering his job is only to NOT lose the game, he should be just fine here. He seems to do well against the Titans. He had 3 tds in a 37-7 route in their first meeting last season and had over 230 yards and a td in their second meeting. They did lose the second meeting, but that was because Gerrard threw 3 picks in that game. Tennessee doesn't have a good defense. They were ranked 27 last year against the pass and 30th against the run. The bottom line here is... if Gerrard can avoid mistakes, it should be a long day for the Titans.

Denver -3

( .5 units )

I can't believe this Denver game... I think Henry shouldn't have any problems running all over that small defensive front line that the Bills have. They will probably be pushed around all day long. On the flip, I wouldn't expect Buffalo to be able to run for shit against Denvers' rush defense.. specially with the way Lynch played in the preseason. 37 yards on 22 carries is nothing to be proud of. That would mean the only hope the Bills would have would be Losman and Evans... and that gets almost cancelled when you consider Champ Bailey and Bly are the corners. I would have to think Denver dominates this game, but the way the public is all over them and the line doesn't budge makes me wonder. So I'm going really small on this one with only half a unit...

that's all for now... I'm going to ease into things and wait for the dust of the first week to settle. Things should look a little clearer for week 2.

Jacksonville really should shit stomp the Titans...

I just wonder about their " focus" after losing Byron Fathead.

Vince Young would really have his work cut out for him against that Jags defense in Jacksonville, and the Jags offense should just pound the Titans with the run... it seems easy. I just wonder about the focus.

I love how people " like" Dallas adding Wade Phillips. This was the guy that got booed out of Buffalo for starting Rob Johnson over Doug Flutie flakes.

He had a stacked defense in San Diego that worked, and now people think that he will make Dallas better for some reason?

He is replacing a hall of fame coach, but they think that he is some 3-4 guru, and that the cowboys will be better than they were with Parcells.

It's wade fucking phillips!

I am glad that you, Glyde and I feel so strongly about the Giants +6. The Line should be Dallas -3, but ESPN messed with too many peoples minds into thinking the Giants are a 6-10 team, and Dallas will be a lot better this year. Now only is it Dallas -6, but more people are playing that!

The reason Witten had good games, is because Pierce was covering him 1 on 1. Pierce is just flat out not athletic enough to do that. Dallas really tried to exploit this matchup, and especially in crunch time. It was so obvious.

Now, I'd fully expect the Giants to change their approach. It doesn't mean Pierce can't "occasionally" cover Witten, but leaving him in Man for long with Witten doesn't work.

If Glenn is out, then you can afford to send extra blitzers, or give Pierce the help he needs.

Must say here that the last time Parcells had defense that REALLY controlled the game was when Belichek was the "D" coach. Phillips may have just a little more going for them today on THAT side of the ball.

Offensively, ???. Not sure.

got my ass kicked.. I think now I remember why I don't like playing the first week of the season...

the Bills had a kickoff return early that screwed me... and as horrible as the Giants were defensively, I was hoping Eli would still come in for the two minute offense at the end and help the cover... but instead, in came the Pillsbury Throwboy (Lorenzen)... they had some injuries, but Osi was more crucial than Jacobs since Ward filled in nicely and got the job done as Jacobs replacement... all in all, they plain sucked defensively.... you would think they would have seen last seasons' films when Witten killed em', but apparently not since the middle was open for Dallas all night long.

Back