Week 1 NBA (10/31-11/04)

reNew Orleans

Clubbin' with Rasual Butler
Sides: 1-0 +1 Units
Totals: 0-1 -1.13 Units
ML Dog: 0-0 +0 Units
Overall: 1-1 -.13 Units

10/31 Picks:

Washington Wizards @ Indiana Pacers OVER 202 (-113) (1.5 Units)
Washington Wizards -1 (-117) @ Indiana Pacers (1.25 Units)
Dallas Mavericks -4 (+112) @ Cleveland Cavaliers (1 Unit)

That's it for now... I may add some later.

BOL To Yall Wednesday :cheers:

Good looking card. How sweet would it be if you actually got the mavs @ +4 ? :) Gl Renew.

lol, I wouldn't mind that being the real line. Thanks for pointing that out JPicks. Expecting atleast a 2-1 night.

thanks TM - trying to be a bit selective, really wanted to place a bet on the Hornets game but thats just the homer in me. GL tonight!

thanks tw - Lets cash it!

Adding...

Philadelphia 76ers @ Toronto Raptors OVER 191.5 +105 (1 Unit)
Tailing TM here.

gl renew..

new orleans ain't going to lose 2night right? I took them in a ML parlay with Denver and Toronto!

thanks green - well they didnt lose ha, 2 down 1 to go for you. hope you hit it bro

thanks brewer

nope blue_chip - Our offense is looking much better with peja in the lineup. good thing you didn't bet it

thanks SF

thanks PW

3-1 +2.2075 Units on the night.

Went to the Hornets game tonight, our starters look very good on offense minus Mo Pete, he didn't seem to fit in well with the rest. Our bench looked pretty awful, especially Melvin Ely and Pargo, they tried to do too much by themselves. The Kings defense can not play defense, but Francisco Garcia looked good in the 4th, maybe he can step it up this year and give them another scoring option outside of Martin and Miller with the injury to Bibby. John Salmons had a good night, I didn't even notice until I saw the stat line during the game, but if anyone watched this game on TV and saw Salmons, I'd like to know a little more. As for the Hornets crowd, it was only about 3/4 filled at best. Fans were not energetic except for a few times. Im sure there are a # of things that contributed to it because Halloween is very big in New Orleans, weeknight, and it was the Kings we were playing. But I am taking this as a worse case scenario for attendance and definitely expect some larger turnouts as the season progresses. If you have any questions about what the game feel free to ask.

NBA 2007-2008
Sides: 2-1 +.6575 Units
Totals: 2-1 +1.42 Units
Overall: 4-2 +2.0775 Units

Tonight:

Detroit Pistons -4 (-112) @ Miami Heat (2 Units)
You know why.

Phoenix Suns -10.5 (-102) @ Seattle Supersonics (1 Unit)
I expect much of the same thing as yesterday. Sonics should play hard in spurts but they will be worn out and the Suns will stretch the lead towards the end of the game. Tough team to get on a B2B after running a lot yesterday. Considering adding 1 more unit.

Obviously love the Stons...

PHO should dominante this game and all facets. The only thing that bothers me... if the game goes the same as the DEN game.. and PHO dominates just like DEN 2nd half... will they continue to have fun on an opponents home court? Or pack it in and allow a back door?

I think they'll be up too much for it to matter either way. PHO will pack it in and SEA won't be able to score with them....

NBA 2007-2008
Sides: 3-2 +1.6375 Units
Totals: 2-1 +1.42 Units
Overall: 4-2 +3.0575 Units

1-1 +.98 Units yesterday

New York Knicks +5.5 (-113) @ Cleveland Cavaliers (1 Unit)
New York Knicks ML +198 (.5 Unit)

Fading those Cavs

Washington Wizards at Boston Celtics OVER 203 -115 (1 Unit)
Wizards will want to run it up, too bad they are weak defensively and face KG, Shuttlesworth, and Pierce.

Portland Trailblazers +8 (-106) @ New Orleans Hornets (1 Unit)NO PLAY
Well after watching some of the Trailblazers game vs the Spurs and watching the Hornets in person I have to say if the Hornets offense lets up just a little bit then itll stay under 8. We were shooting over 60% at one point and didn't dominant the game entirely. Our bench is then and will let the Jailblazers enough opportunities to keep this a close one throughout. I must say though that Chris Paul, Tyson, D West, and Peja looked VERY GOOD playing together, Chris Paul just makes everyone better. The reason I would play the Jailblazers is the fact I do not like what I have seen from the Hornets bench so far.

Golden State Warriors at Los Angeles Clippers OVER 209 +106 (1 Unit)
Basically if the Warriors lose this they are off to a 0-3 start. They will do what they do best - push the tempo, get the shot off quickly, etc. The more shots the merrier. Clippers O will be going through Maggette, Thomas, Mobley, etc. More shots = more opportunities to score.

Last edited:
Golden State Warriors at Los Angeles Clippers OVER 209 +106 (1 Unit)
Basically if the Warriors lose this they are off to a 0-3 start. They will do what they do best - push the tempo, get the shot off quickly, etc. The more shots the merrier. Clippers O will be going through Maggette, Thomas, Mobley, etc. More shots = more opportunities to score.

I agree completely, and I also think Golden State wins this game SU as a dog.

What do you think about the OVER in the NO/Port game tonight? Portland's goal this year is to average at 100 points a game. Are we going to see a more open NO offense this year, or will they stick to a slower pace and focus more on defense? Can they get sucked into a fast paced game with the Blazers tonight?

thanks b.a.r, grind, and spek - sorry i never got back to yall yesterday.

thanks farm - BOL buddy

can't argue with that blue - Clips going have to have to get adjusted without brand. strange line considering the respect the warriors were getting prior to their game vs utah

mets - It's already evident to me that the Hornets are more willing to shoot the three this year and the pace is a lot quicker to me with the court so spread out this year. Paul got the ball to West a lot for open shots, they kicked it out to Peja and Mo Pete a lot as well and Paul looked willing to create more on his own in the 1st game. I am waiting a few more games to bet on a total with the Hornets but it looks like the Hornets will play slower in the start, going through Tyson then hit you with D West and Peja from the perimeter when the opposing defense starts to collapse on Tyson. I do not think the Hornets can get suckered into a fast pace game unless Paul is out. Just think similar style to last year with the addition of 3 point shooters so we will certainly score more this year.

I cant believe your on Portland. This is another undervalued line on New Orleans. Come mid-season, if these teams meet again in N.O. this line will be around 11.5-12

i liked the knicks but i lost too much value in the line. on gsw with ya. lets cash dat.

yea believe - i just bought out of it. Im not too sure about the line being so high but 8 is enough for me to lay off it now.

thanks ATL - hope they make it easy for us.

thanks brewer - yea I wish I had it when it opened... that would have been too easy it seems like. Lets cash that over!

I bought out of the Portland play, New Orleans -8 +110. Not counting it towards my record.

Your team should own the glass tonight. These are the games this team needs to just open the doors and whip their opponent. If they struggle in the games they should dominate they wont get over the hump in the west. But I dont think that will happen this year.

Your team should own the glass tonight. These are the games this team needs to just open the doors and whip their opponent. If they struggle in the games they should dominate they wont get over the hump in the west. But I dont think that will happen this year.

Tyson should explode tonight, I think I am probably putting too much emphasis on our bench play because it's just not good. They let Sac get back into the game a couple of times, hopefully Pargo and Ely will learn to pass more but besides that I love this team this year. If we can stay healthy certainly we will be in the playoffs.

thanks trout

hornets dominated pretty muuuuch, have to work at 10 so I left early but great to see how they are playing defense by making the jail blazers shoot jumpers and shooting the three

Adding:

Golden State Warriors +2.5 (-108) @ Los Angeles Clippers (1 Unit)
Golden State Warriors ML +120 (.5 Unit)

NBA 2007-2008
Sides: 4-3 +1.5575 Units
Totals: 3-2 +1.33 Units
ML Dog: 0-2 -1 Units
Overall: 7-7 +1.8875 Units

2-4 -1.17 Units yesterday, the late additions hurt me. I messed up my record last time, but it should have said 5-3.

Today:

Indiana Pacers @ Memphis Grizzlies OVER 211 +100 (2 Units)
Pacers aren't playing a team that slows it down like Miami, playing a Grizzly team which only has this 1 game in a 6 day span and that's tonight so no holding back. JO is going to get eased back into the rotation, his 7 assists are a nice sign for the rest of the team if they can get other consistent scoring options. Pacers should shoot better than 39.8 tonight.

Portland Trailblazers @ Houston Rockets OVER 203 (+100) (2.5 Units)
Portland's defense is almost nonexistant, left a lot of Hornets wide open... I expect the Rockets to score over 100 tonight, just need Portland to get 90s

Sacramento Kings @ Dallas Mavericks -14.5 (-106) (1 Unit)
Mavs lost yesterday night, facing a Kings team playing it's 3rd game in 4 days on the road against the toughest division in basketball. Howard is back adding a solid defender and the Kings don't have many scoring options. They want to forget yesterday and tonight provides them the opportunity.

Good luck tonight ReNew. Another benefit of that Mavs game is the small payback that may be in order for that Howard suspension. Only worry is similar to last nights Spurs game where they had a 27 point lead at half and held on for a 16 point victory.

NBA 2007-2008
Sides: 5-3 +2.5575 Units
Totals: 4-3 +.83 Units
ML Dog: 0-2 -1 Units
Overall: 9-8 +2.3875 Units

2-1 +.5 Unit

Waiting on some lines to appear on MB...

Plays so far:

Seattle Supersonics @ Los Angeles Clippers -6 (-109) (1 Unit)
Seattle Supersonics @ Los Angeles Clippers OVER 211.5 (+107) (1 Unit)
I had no idea that this would drop to 208.5 on MB... a bit confused but Sonics have shown an inability to play all 4 quarters.

New Orleans Hornets +6 (-108)
@ Denver Nuggets (2 Units)
Tried to keep my expectations reasonable for the Hornets but now I am starting to believe they are better than the 7th/8th teams in the West and can be better than teams not named Hou/Dallas/SAS/Phoenix in the West.

Suprised to see you on that over ReNew. I really don't see the Sonics reaching 95. Didn't see the LAC/GSW game so I have no idea if the Clipps are going to run or stall. GL with the card.

Suprised to see you on that over ReNew. I really don't see the Sonics reaching 95. Didn't see the LAC/GSW game so I have no idea if the Clipps are going to run or stall. GL with the card.

What the hell do I know? :) Congrats on the first two. Go Hornets.

lol thanks JPicks - I sure the books will soon adjust to LAC soon, they're not afraid to push it with the pieces they have. But haven't played great defensive teams... who knows?

Adding:

Cleveland Cavaliers @ Phoenix Suns UNDER 206.5 -119 (1 Unit)
Just saw the thread about amare being out, so...

New Orleans Hornets +200 @ Denver Nuggets (.5 Unit)

Back