Week 1: Misleading scores

• Thread starter Thread starter Gyno
  • Start date Start date
G

Gyno

If you come across any misleading scores please post them here for week 1.

Guess who won the game?

[TABLE="class: data, width: 100%"]
<tbody>[TR="class: title"]
[TD="colspan: 3"]Team Stats[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: label"]
[TD="align: left"] [/TD]
[TD="align: center"]TEAM 1
[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]TEAM 2
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: row1"]
[TD="align: left"]First Downs[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]11[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]20[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: row2"]
[TD="align: left"]Third Down Efficiency[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]2-11[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]7-18[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="align: left"]Fourth Down Efficiency[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]0-0[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]2-3[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="align: left"]Plays-Net Yards[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]52-247[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]76-393[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="align: left"]Rushes-Yds[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]22-38[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]42-176[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="align: left"]Passing Yds[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]209[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]217[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="align: left"]Kick Return Yds[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]45[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]61[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="align: left"]Punt Return Yds[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]0[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]12[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="align: left"]Passes[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]19-30-0[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]18-34-2[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="align: left"]Punts[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]10-377[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]5-220[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="align: left"]Fumbles-Lost[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]2-0[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]2-1[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="align: left"]Penalties-Yds[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]9-70[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]5-48[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

That game was exceptionally bizarre all the way around. Ucf was also misleading, they should have lost by two touchdowns.

How do you lose when you punt 5 less times, have almost 150 more yards, 9 more first downs, 140 more rushing yards and 4 less penalties.. WTH?

Hate to post this game since I capped it so badly but this was this deceiving

[TABLE="class: mod-data"]
<tbody>[TR="class: highlight"]
[TD]1st Downs[/TD]
[TD]29[/TD]
[TD]25[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: indent"]
[TD]3rd down efficiency[/TD]
[TD]8-19[/TD]
[TD]7-14[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]4th down efficiency[/TD]
[TD]2-3[/TD]
[TD]1-3[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: highlight"]
[TD]Total Yards[/TD]
[TD]525[/TD]
[TD]392[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Passing[/TD]
[TD]332[/TD]
[TD]229[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Comp-Att[/TD]
[TD]25-45[/TD]
[TD]22-36[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Yards per pass[/TD]
[TD]7.4[/TD]
[TD]6.2[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Interceptions thrown[/TD]
[TD]2[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Rushing[/TD]
[TD]193[/TD]
[TD]163[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Rushing Attempts[/TD]
[TD]50[/TD]
[TD]38[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Yards per rush[/TD]
[TD]3.9[/TD]
[TD]4.3[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Penalties[/TD]
[TD]10-114[/TD]
[TD]8-76[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Turnovers[/TD]
[TD]2[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Fumbles lost[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Interceptions thrown[/TD]
[TD]2[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Possession[/TD]
[TD]35:09[/TD]
[TD]24:51[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

UNC should've won SU. bounces went Scary's way, not to mention 3 INTs, otherwise it's a different outcome.
True but spurrier was controlling the pace. Two of the three INTs were right to the SCAR players chest.

That FIU game was a wild one. Wasn't sure if O'Leary was just mailing it in.

Here's a crazy stat and I feel very fortunate to have won the Gamecocks last night but...

South Carolina gave up more ypp last night than they did against TAMU in the 2014 opener

Whoops I left the teams out .. That is UTSA on the left and Zona on the right folks. No joke.

They lost Scooby dooby doo in the first quarter, who is not just their best defender but their best player.

Ville-Auburn.

Ville was better team. Outrushed 240-187, total yds 407-327. They switched QBs after 1 qtr and it took him a qtr to get going. Had they started Jackson, they would have won SU.

While my Aztecs beat San Diego by a score of 37-3, the offense really didn't do a whole lot.

SDSU had 2 INT's returned for TD's, plus a kickoff return for a TD as well. So, 21 of our 37 points were put up by our defense and special teams.

Our running game is solid, but man, our passing game SUCKS. If for some crazy reason you find yourself considering a wager on SDSU in the coming weeks, all I can say is...tread lightly.

NV wasn't at all impressive, didn't get to watch the AZ game, but, right now I'm thinking a shelling will be in order

USM outplayed Mississippi State for the bulk of the game.
Vols had a bunch of kick returns and fortunate bounces. BG was competitive. Vols had just 5 more first downs and just 47 more yards
TAMU was the better team but not by the final score.
Illinois won 52-3 but only had 342 yards and kent st had just 245.

Someone chime in on Eastern Washington-Oregon. What was going on there? Any defense at all by Oregon? Damn you directv and no Pac-12 network

Mizzou only ran for 88 yards on 33 carries vs. SEMO. Hansbrough was taken out of the game with an injury,but at the time had 2 carries for 23 yards. It will be interesting to see his status in the upcoming weeks. The game seemed as though Mizzou was just going through the motions.

Nothing misleading about this one from Thursday, just sad.

Utah State needed a punt return touchdown inside the last five minutes as their only touchdown to beat 32-point dog Southern Utah at home. The two teams combined to go 2-for-33 on third down in a true display of offensive futility in the 12-9 shitfest.

Chuckie Keeton was 16-for-33 for 110 yards and one pick and rushed six times for seven yards. I have no clue how to adjust USU off that effort as they head to Salt Lake City on Friday.

Only game today so I am sure most realize it but obviously Purdue/Marshall is final.

Marshall was out first downed 27-20
Marshall was outgained 428-398
Marshall was never a winning bet in the 2h until a pick six when Purdue was driving for the potential winning score.

Utah State needed a punt return touchdown inside the last five minutes as their only touchdown to beat 32-point dog Southern Utah at home. The two teams combined to go 2-for-33 on third down in a true display of offensive futility in the 12-9 shitfest.

Chuckie Keeton was 16-for-33 for 110 yards and one pick and rushed six times for seven yards. I have no clue how to adjust USU off that effort as they head to Salt Lake City on Friday.

Utah should destroy USU. If they don't win by 3 scores I don't know what's wrong. Even if they are up big they will be putting in Kendal Thompson at QB and Joe Williams at RB, they should still roll. How USU struggled that much against SUU I don't know.

Agreed Schrute. What was once a promising career looks to be the end. The USU OL will be no match for the Utah DL. Utah did not blitz once against UM as they had no concern about Rudock. They will bring the heat against Chuckie.

Just a big lookahead (Utah) while playing a lower-level instate team with a huge motivation advantage. Same thing with UCF (Stanford) and Oregon (Mich State). EWU is one state over, obviously, but it's still a lower-level team with a chip on its shoulder after their opponent stole their star QB.

Those were three obvious dog spots. I'm not surprised by the results, and I wouldn't adjust the favorites downward at this point.

Good observation on all accounts, MW. Can't believe I fell into the UCF beartrap, guess I trusted my numbers too much.

Nothing flukish about North Dakota's win over woebegone Wyoming. They led 24-7 midway through the fourth and ran for 276 yards on 54 carries, holding the ball for 37 mins and change. No turnovers either way.

Northwestern score was misleading. Seemed more like 27-6 than 16-6. Stanford was manhandled from start to finish.

Just a big lookahead (Utah) while playing a lower-level instate team with a huge motivation advantage. Same thing with UCF (Stanford) and Oregon (Mich State). EWU is one state over, obviously, but it's still a lower-level team with a chip on its shoulder after their opponent stole their star QB.

Those were three obvious dog spots. I'm not surprised by the results, and I wouldn't adjust the favorites downward at this point.

Plausible explanation for Utah St and Oregon. I would be very surprised however, to find that UCF was in anyway looking ahead to Stanford, rather than the fact that they're just a bad team. No natural rivalry there either in recruiting, geography, or history. They should also be smart enough to know that if they want to play in a bowl, they need to win the games vs FIU at home, not the cross country trips to NoCal. Its going to be an ugly game regardless, and its probably going to get really ugly from the Knight perspective.

Back