Week 1 Games I'm Looking at....

TroyStacks

18" Pythons
My goal this season is to play with discipline just in case of another wacky season. I will upmy unit value and select no more than 5 games tops. I will not play any parlays or teasers (tough to resist). I will be smarter and better capper than ever before....

Week 1 I will focus on vetrran teams playing against less veteran squads. I want to focus on the simple things early especially strong rushing offenses going against weak rushing defensive teams. In cases of great offenses versus great defenses I will look for a dog play on the defense.

Clem
Bama
*We have a running team in Clemson going against a solid defense in Bama with holes in the DL. This should allow Clemson to get to the next level with their very solid OL nearly every play with their "Thunder and Lightning" backfield. I think the chance we see this game under a TD favorite for Clemson I will have to jump on it right away. Bama returns 9 starters on offense and a very good OL. If for some reason we see DD Bama would have to be the play especially with intagibles such as coaching for one. Overall I think Clemson should run all day on Bamas less than vetrean front 7.

Haw
UF
*UF has won L10 openers by 36ppg going against a team that returns only 8 starters. UF return 8 on each side of the ball. I would think anything under 3TDs would be a gift here being at home and with a revamped RB core lead by Moody (sick) and with all the weapons Tebow has not to mention the defense will e improved with a healthy Spikes in the middle to stop the run, Florida shoudl win this by 5 TDs easily. 1H bet of -17 would be nice too.

NCST
SC
*SC returns a lot of starters (17) and a huge OL(avg weight 310) which should help the running which in turn will allow for PA passes and help the improved WR corps. Now lets look at the OL v. NCST DL. 310lbs against a small 270lbs DL. This is a matchup I like a lot. That and the inexperience of the wolfpacks LBs I will bet Spurrier has some tricks up his sleeve for this game to freeze the LBs and let Smelley complette some early passes that will open up the deep ball in the 4th. I want to see -4 but Liekly will get to -6/-7 range.

KY
Lou
*KY lost a ton on offense last year which is the only reason why they were worth a damn. New QB= early struggles on offense. Cantwell for Lou has experinece and a good OL to work with and a solid running game. You have returning players to catch the ball and are accustomed to Kragthorpes offense now. I worry slightly taht KY has a pretty good defensive backfield which may cause a few early season problems for Lou is this game. I would say value here is set at a TD+ for KY as a dog. If its less than Cards have to be the play. Also maybe an UNDER look if the numbers are right.

Utah
UM
*Plain and simple weaker conf on road against a team with first year coach and only 3 starters on offense. Yes UM defense will be solid but they can't score. Gimme Utah+ pts and ML.

Ill
Mizz
*Looking at the OVER here anything over 55 here this has 42-38 either way written all over it.

FAU
Tex
*Texas beats down the Sun Belt every year (minus last years bullshit) haha. Under 4TDs I'll be on it easy money right Horn?

ASU
TAMU
*Difficult game here to cap without a line. You have 2 good running teams facing off with QB edge to TAMU. However both teams have questionable OL and hoels on defense. TAMU should roll by 2 TDs but the spread will likely hit -21+. I think this game will have backdoor all over it but also this maybe an OVER play with inexperienced OL and weak/questionable defensive holes.

FIU
KU
*LY won 55-3. Don't expect that big of a blowout but anything around 4TDs I will likely play. Too much firepower and with a tough schedule for the Jayhawks (USF,OU,TT,Texas) they need wins wherever they can get them in order not to become the exact 180 of last year.

Col
CSU
*These teams play very close every year. Spread should be around -4 for Col which would lean there with the experience of that squad over the younger Rams team. Looking for a total OVER play at 52/53 or better as these teams each typically scorearound 4 TDs a piece lets just wait and see on this game.

ECU
VT
*Interesting stat I found but ECU is 5-1 ATS as a DD dog. We migth have our first dog play of the year. Glennon is a chotch and sucks ass for fun. ECU has a solid QB and great recievers. VT will not have a dominant defens elike in past years as they lost a ton to the Niffel(rigth rexy). Give me points against the Hokies go Pirates!

USC
UVA
*USC nuff said anything 1H maybe game under -24. Too much for an inexperienced OL and new QB to handle. Speed all over v. under achieving Groh team. Money!

BG
Pitt
*Looking for an UNDER play here as Pitt has a good run game and should be able to dominate the front lines with their size. Lots of clock chewed up and not very explosive on offense. BG has a good defense so we see the clock run the whole game with punts and runs.

Fresno
Rutgers
*Fresno +anything I think their 17 returning starters should be enough and with an explosive offense I think they could pull the upset at Piskataway (BRoooooooooo)

-Will update as I have the time and read through Steele among other publications

Last edited:
Thunder and lightening, someone has been reading there steele. GL.

i really like fau and UNLV the first week, i hope the media get's off fau's head coaches dick already....that he built the team from teh ground up and such because it will only diminish the value of the line.

Clemson has less than an experienced O-line as well. I think/hope the real difference will be Cullen Harper being able to pass effectively and thereby opening up the running game for "Thunder & Lightning"

Bama plus double digits. we can dream anyway.

I have a feeling this will be one of the sharper lines in week 1 and one of the most bet games with action on both sides. I also suspect i will be watching but not betting it.

A worthless tidbit about this game.....

This will be Clemsons second consecutive game in the Georgiadome. They lost to Auburn in OT in the chick-fil-A bowl new years eve.

TRIVIA PROJECT
Also , Can someone tell me the last time clemson won a game on artificial turf ?

look forward to the rest of your thread Troy and the upcoming season. gl bro.

My goal this season is to play with discipline just in case of another wacky season. I will upmy unit value and select no more than 5 games tops. I will not play any parlays or teasers (tough to resist). I will be smarter and better capper than ever before....

Week 1 I will focus on vetrran teams playing against less veteran squads. I want to focus on the simple things early especially strong rushing offenses going against weak rushing defensive teams. In cases of great offenses versus great defenses I will look for a dog play on the defense.

Clem
Bama
*We haveat running team in Clemson going against a solid defense in Bama with holes in the DL. This should allow Clemson to get to the next level with their very solid OL nearly every play with their "Thunder and Lightning" backfield. I think the chance we see this game under a TD favorite for Clemson I will have to jump on it right away. Bama returns 9 starters on offense and a very good OL. If for some reason we see DD Bama would have to be the play especially with intagibles such as coaching for one. Overall I think Clemson should run all day on Bamas less than vetrean front 7.

few other things bout this game..

Clemson has 4 of 5 new guys on the OL, they were not even close to ready for action after that spring game (dwight, dun worry, neither were our QB's). Their 3 new LB's are all small (215-220) and their in-game coaching is terrible. I think a Clem -7 in Atlanta is too high and expect Clem -3 or so. For me, if I was coaching, knowing that Clemson has some very good skill players in Harper-Davis-Spiller-Kelly-Grisham-Ford, it is very very important to disrupt that OL as much as possible. I just cant imagine this OL being remotely close to dominant in this game. Bama can't give up the big run to Spiller and on offense they have to pound the ball right at Clemson and their green LB's. I think Bama has a legit shot in this game but I am more interested in the under here. I don't think its going to be raining points. Anyway, nice to see you back

Good to see everyone back as well! My second family hahaha. Under maybe a good play considering Bamam won't score too much and clemson runs the shit out of the rock. I think Clemson wins and -3 would be great. I'm not underestimating Bama but their defense from what I hear is weaker than usual. That being said and from what everyone else has said i think clemson-3 or better is the play or you don't play it. tahnks for the help on that game.

few other things bout this game..

Clemson has 4 of 5 new guys on the OL, they were not even close to ready for action after that spring game (dwight, dun worry, neither were our QB's). Their 3 new LB's are all small (215-220) and their in-game coaching is terrible. I think a Clem -7 in Atlanta is too high and expect Clem -3 or so. For me, if I was coaching, knowing that Clemson has some very good skill players in Harper-Davis-Spiller-Kelly-Grisham-Ford, it is very very important to disrupt that OL as much as possible. I just cant imagine this OL being remotely close to dominant in this game. Bama can't give up the big run to Spiller and on offense they have to pound the ball right at Clemson and their green LB's. I think Bama has a legit shot in this game but I am more interested in the under here. I don't think its going to be raining points. Anyway, nice to see you back

:shake: Great write up

My opinion is that it will take our O-line longer to adjust than our linebackers. JP Wilson just doesn't scare me that much and I really think our front 4 will be effective in pressuring him, which will alleviate our green linebacking corps. The key to the game is going to be our O-line vs. the Alabama D-line. Two things have to happen for Clemson to win IMO
1. Harper must be accurate and effective throwing the ball down the field to open the running game. Our O-line will not be able to generate a running game on their own.
2. Our O-line must be able to force the Tide to rush the quarterback using LB and safetys. If their D-line gets pressure on their own and they can drop 8 on 2nd and 3rd down then Bama could win this one easily

DS, the front four will not be much of a factor from CU. Bama's OL should be considered one of the best in the country. If JPW goes down it will be his own fault. I really think this is the only chance we have... to dominate up front and keep the D off the field.

Is Tebow still gonna have a grudge towards Hawaii for June's remarks last year?

DS, the front four will not be much of a factor from CU. Bama's OL should be considered one of the best in the country. If JPW goes down it will be his own fault. I really think this is the only chance we have... to dominate up front and keep the D off the field.

You have remember though Clemson's D-Line is very, very good. Should be a great matchup seeing Ricky Sapp and company against Andre Smith/Antoine Caldwell. I think this is the key to the game. If Clemson gets pressure expect JPW to make his normal mistakes, if not Bama should be able to move the ball pretty well.

that hawaii florida line will be a difficult one for the linesmakers i think troy. if you think they win by four or five td i think you will get good value in the line.

havent done but one unit ( defensive backs ) on the wolfpack so ill get back to you on that game later.

think you have the louiville/wildcat game pegged right

utah and michigan ======= under. michigan defense is going to be absoultely sick. sick sick sick. Throw in utah having to play in that stadium , in front of that many people , in richrod opener and i think they may struggle to execute offensively. Michigan could too with a new system and a lot of new players .. but they instituted some ideas from this guy in their bowl game last year and the kids seemed to buy into it. I am big on Utah and will probably be betting them quite a few times but just a little scared of this spot. prefer the under if we get a reasonable number. utah can definitely win though.

keep coming with more games please. this is awesome.

utah and michigan ======= under. michigan defense is going to be absoultely sick. sick sick sick. Throw in utah having to play in that stadium , in front of that many people , in richrod opener and i think they may struggle to execute offensively. Michigan could too with a new system and a lot of new players .. but they instituted some ideas from this guy in their bowl game last year and the kids seemed to buy into it. I am big on Utah and will probably be betting them quite a few times but just a little scared of this spot. prefer the under if we get a reasonable number. utah can definitely win though.

keep coming with more games please. this is awesome.

I couldn't agree with you more. This game just reeks of a final of 17-9.

There has been a lot of talk on the Fresno message board. They are treating their Week 2 game at home against Wisconsin as their super bowl it seems. Theres some mini rivalry it seems like between these schools for some odd reason. Not saying look ahead spot since Rutgers is a pretty big game in itself but wouldnt be suprised if Fresno comes out flat in Week 1

Your thoughts on UL are a little off VK...little too much credit to the RBs and WRs, who don't impress me at all. Not saying I disagree with betting them, but besides Cantwell and the OL, a lot of questions on offense...

Your thoughts on UL are a little off VK...little too much credit to the RBs and WRs, who don't impress me at all. Not saying I disagree with betting them, but besides Cantwell and the OL, a lot of questions on offense...

???? All I said was that i think he has the game pegged right. I think the value would be with kentucky at plus a TD or more. You are right about their receivers , lind. I think they can get some nice medium to long plays via the GUY kid and Long is a very tough cover short. Cantwell can deliver the ball though. I see louisville having a lot of the same problems this year as last year as far as stopping people despite the ron english hire. I know in one of the preseason mags i read that English said he was surprised by the lack of playmakers on that defense in the spring. Just not sure that breaking in almost an entirely new offensive line , with a new qb at louisville is a good spot for kentucky.

My bad VK, I don't know why I said your name...I was talking to Troy, the OP, and I guess I thought it was you.

Sorry...

I totally agree with the Florida/Hawaii game. I think the Gators are going to put it on that ass, like Georgia did in the Bowl game, not to mention June Jones and Colt Brennan are gone. I personally think that's the gift of week 1. Florida and Georgia are going to be two teams I take into consideration a lot this year.

Clemson vs. Bama

Last year we saw FSU from the ACC and Bama, two low scoring teams and FSU pulled it out by what 2 tds.

My early line on Hawaii-Florida

is 31 points. The betting number will almost certainly be four touchdowns plus. Everybody sees the advantages in the Gators' corner, so don't see any value likely being in this game. I hope I'm wrong...

Made Rutgers a 5.5-point favorite over Fresno State.

Good luck,
Paul

Not sure if I missed something, but I used to think you had more success with parlay's and teasers than anyone I've ever seen. Maybe it was just a real hot season when I saw it...but make sure you don't give up what works for you.

Not sure if I missed something, but I used to think you had more success with parlay's and teasers than anyone I've ever seen. Maybe it was just a real hot season when I saw it...but make sure you don't give up what works for you.

yeah 2 yrs ago and the season befor ethat but lst year NCAAF i was dog shit haha. NFL i did well in them but I need to get out of that habit

Uh oh, Carolinablue and Stacks in the same thread...cfb season must be right around the corner!

Looking forward to another solid year from ya, especially coming off that debacle you pulled off last year haha. I suffered as a result of your ineptitude because I only hit my 60%+ when you are neck and neck pushing me every step of the way, as you know we have had some great friendly competition week in and week out the last few years.

Best of luck this year!

oh yeah def bro. i should double up when we match leans bc they usually hit! 60% or bust this year is the goal as usual. BOL to you can't wait to start capping for real.

Back