Week 1 CFB (8/30-9/3)

reNew Orleans

Clubbin' with Rasual Butler
I am hoping to stick around the whole season for CFB this year. Plenty of good cappers on this site and they've done a great job with all the research/threads/dicussions and it's helped me catch up while I focused on MLB. I quit after topping 100 units, it was just too frustrating especially after the All-Star Break. Don't really have a specific goal for College Foots except to profit. Hope everyone here has a profitable season. All comments are welcomed.

Spreads:
Totals:
ML Dogs:
Overall:

Plays:

Miami OH +6 (-119) @ Ball St. (1.5 Units) W
Miami OH ML +184 (1 Unit) W
Basically a Dr. Bob/forum tail

LSU -17 (-107) @ Miss St. (2 Units) W
You've seen the stats in almost nearly every thread around here. This defense is too talented for the Bulldogs and even with Flynn starting only his 2nd game, there still is an LSU running game facing a team that must replace 3/4 starters on the line.
It's a shame as an LSU football fan my whole life that I will miss the majority of the 1H of the season opener because some bitch scheduled a meeting for work @ 7 PM on Thursday.

Marshall @ Miami -17.5 (-108) (.5 Unit) W
A new era begins and I think Miami might be feeling left out in all the talks about the teams in the ACC this year.

UAB @ Michigan St. -20.5 (-139) (1 Unit) W
When you are predicted to finish lower than Tulane...

Georgia Tech +2.5 (-117) @ Notre Dame (.5 Unit) W
It's been said everywhere.

Houston @ Oregon -14.5 (-119) (2 Units) W
I am willing to think Oregon thought long and hard about last year's miserable end of the season and open up the season much like they did last year. Houston has to adjust to the loss of Kolb and while they should be a top team in CUSA. Going from a 4 year starter to using two inexperienced QBs in Blake Joseph and Case Keenum on the road doesn't help you out too much.

Arkansas St. @ Texas -39.5 (-102) (2 Units) L
It's just one of those things, Texas tends to open up the season with big victories and don't except this to be an exception either.

Arizona ML +170 (1 Unit) L

Arizona should improve across the board with 17 starters returning. BYU may still be a good team but with the loss of Beck, that may be too much to overcome in the first game of the year. Zona got off to a slow start last year but improved towards the end of the season and many picked them as a surprise team in the PAC 10 last year. This may be the year for them to surprise a few teams.

UCF @ NC State UNDER 48.5 -103 (1 Unit) W

A bit of a risk playing an under to open up the year with the new kickoff rule and old clock rules but taking my chances with two teams that will improve on defense and love to run the ball.

Texas Tech @ SMU OVER 59.5 (-103) (1.5 Units) L
I was originally looking at SMU to cover but I don't know if I can trust their defense. One thing I do trust is their offense against a Tech team only returning 5 starters on D. Justin Willis for SMU is a talent @ QB for SMU and his running ability will cause problems for the front 7 of TT.

FSU -3 (-112) @ Clemson (2 Units)
FSU @ Clemson UNDER 45.5 -126 (2 Units)
Seems like everyone's on this game for week 1, tough play to pass up when you have Jimbo Fisher taking over the offense. FSU defense will be good once again and Clemson must replace too much on offense. FSU will not lose 3 years in a row.

GL To Yall Week One & This Season :cheers:

Last edited:
Wondering when you would join the fun.

Very good looking card bro. Welcome to Year two of the show that is CFB at CTG!

Welcome bud, will be looking for your insight in wk2 on your Tulane boys. I am liking Miss St to get some revenge, just hope LSU beats them by 60 so the line is real low. The card is solid, only play I don't really like is the Houston game. Oregon has a lot to do for me before I bet them but best of luck as always. Hell of a baseball season btw.

BOL ReNew :cheers:

Loving the LSU bet, I hope you have a great season and hope that you make a real lot of money my friend. :shake:

On LSU, Arizona (for me the points), Texas and Florida State. Looks like a great card. Good luck this weekend.

Way to get Oregon right before the jump. Like the NCSU/UCF under as well.

GL this season RO. Great job in baseball, I now know how difficult it is to make it through an entire season in bases.

I didn't bet LSU yet... but thanks for using the L word.

ReNew... sup bro? Let's make this cash money.

Glad to see your around.... talk to you soon.

GL Renew, and fine job in the bases this year. I'm still grinding away, though the value will disappear pretty soon. Hope you have a solid football season.

Thanks for all the well wishes guys, I appreciate it very much. I will get back to some of the comments later today.

Adding:

Miami OH +6 (-119) @ Ball St. (1.5 Units)
Miami OH ML +184 (1 Unit)
Basically a Dr. Bob/forum tail

Games just in a couple of hours! :cheers:

Welcome bud, will be looking for your insight in wk2 on your Tulane boys. I am liking Miss St to get some revenge, just hope LSU beats them by 60 so the line is real low. The card is solid, only play I don't really like is the Houston game. Oregon has a lot to do for me before I bet them but best of luck as always. Hell of a baseball season btw.

Not hearing much interest from any fans about the upcoming season. Their has been some push by media/advertisements for a new "smart" brand of football with the hire of Bob Toledo. Honestly I think the total for the game might be a good under. The defense has been getting a lot of praise in practice and Phil Steele has them pegged as one of the most improved units. Im very interested in what the line will be vs LSU. I guess it goes both ways for Oregon and Houston, I want to see Houston's QBs prove it first before being just -14.5 away @ Oregon. Thanks ETG - baseball was a struggle but glad I am done with it. BOL this CFB season.

Any thoughts on TT -8 at SMU?

I don't know much about TT if I had placed a bet on the game I would've probably sides with SMU when it was +10. I would rather bet on the total for an OVER even if it is 59.5 since TT lost a lot of defensive players and I was not really impressed by the SMU defense, but Justin Willis is fun to watch @ QB.

Thanks B.A.R - I am ready to learn for all the great cappers here in year 2, plenty of it to do.

Thanks Ray - BOL to you this year

Thanks Blue_Chip - lets start making that cash tonight!

Thanks sj - don't sweat that comment, lol. LSU should roll. Glad to see you like my picks

Thanks BigRaktor - BOL to you this season, hit those parlays!

Thanks Sparky - There will be a lot of disappointed people out there if LSU doesnt cover, that's for sure.

Thanks Ramble - sounds like a plan to me, wouldn't mind making me some cash.

Thanks Rochclone - lot of the same plays, probably a smarter move to take the spread in Zona/BYU, we will see how it turns out.

SDCharger - No L Word please.:whip:

Thanks Dmoney - that's the advantage in Matchbook, I am hoping to be able to abuse it because they don't change lines quickly. Bases was pretty stressful but for that being my first year I am pleased with the outcome and will learn from it.

Thanks tw - I may drop in the forum from time to time but lots of shit to do in the next couple of months and baseball is too hard to deal to focus on now. I have just completely stopped paying attention to baseball though.

Thanks spek - glad to see you posting again, I've been hanging out in the Baseball forum all this time since basketball stopped.

Thanks timh - you've had quite a good season in baseball as well, baseball definitely not worth the gamble right now when you have football, hope to see you in here soon. solid as usual, BOL this year.

thanks JPicks - I readjusted my unit size for football but a nice goal would be to hit around 56%. I hope to not be eaten up by the juice since I've been so used to betting dogs in baseball and not hitting a high percentage.

Some additions in celebration of the first Saturday of CFB!

Marshall @ Miami -17.5 (-108) (.5 Unit)
A new era begins and I think Miami might be feeling left out in all the talks about the teams in the ACC this year.

UAB @ Michigan St. -20.5 (-139) (1 Unit)
When you are predicted to finish lower than Tulane...

Georgia Tech +2.5 (-117) @ Notre Dame (.5 Unit)
It's been said everywhere.

Texas Tech @ SMU OVER 59.5 (-103) (1.5 Units)
I was originally looking at SMU to cover but I don't know if I can trust their defense. One thing I do trust is their offense against a Tech team only returning 5 starters on D. Justin Willis for SMU is a talent @ QB for SMU and his running ability will cause problems for the front 7 of TT.

thanks Trout, definitely enjoying this start! got a scare with oregon but their offense exploded in the 2H.

7-0 so far, looks like Zona is going to lose.

Wow.....what a great day. You're talking about sticking around, I think you belong. Great job, Renew :shake:

thanks sj and tim - we will see lol. I hope that is the case in a few weeks tim.

lost the 1st bet by 1.5, smu just failed to get TDs when they had the chance, TT doesnt want to run it in on the 1 yard line, what can you do. I guess that's payback for the UCF/NCST game staying under by .5

Adding:
FSU @ CLEMSON UNDER 45.5 -126 (2 Units)

Back