Week 1 Blitz

BlitzBandit

Friend of CTG
Total Blitz ( 0 - 0 ) (%)

Looks like it is the start of another season. I wasn't going to play anything on Thursday, but it looks like I am playing something afterall.

First Play of the Season for me is on the Total... I know my total plays were not as strong as my spread plays last season, but they were still hitting over 60%, so hopefully I am still worthy in that dept.

MIA/PIT UNDER 34.5

I am going with the total on this one and even though I have been too busy to jump on this line when it was up at 37, I still have no problem taking it at 34.5... This thing is still going lower and lower. PIT is going to run the offense with Charlie Batch. That pretty much kills all the passing game for them. That leaves them to the running game against a MIA Defense that gave up 11 rushing tds last season and did well against the run. MIA offense is probably better off in this game, but against the PIT defense, it won't be much better off. So what I am pretty much seeing in this game is alot of running and short passes from both teams and the clock running quickly. If either team gets inside the 10 yard line, you will probably see a fg instead of td with the way these two defenses play in the redzone. Probably see alot of punts in this game too. I don't think either team will get over 17 points here...

got some more thoughts coming in on other games later...

gl to all you guys...

and hope we can all cash.

beer.gif

With Ward banged up, no Bettis this season, Big Ben out and thus Charlie Batch at the helm for the Steelers I don't expect them to put up a whole lot of points. Miami on the other hand will probably rely heavily on Ronnie Brown to move the chains as they'll ease Culpepper in this season. Chambers could break stuff open a bit, but they'll probably stick to the middle of the field with a nice solid ball control offense. With the game at a pick (and I won't be able to do the mansion promo) - I'm going to be hitting Miami a bit larger than the under.

Under looks like the best of the two sides though.

I think Miami is the play here, not the under. My concern with the under is turnovers. Both defenses are pretty solid. A couple of INTs and/or fumbles i your own territory can lead to some quick points.

good info here....

thing is... I would not be so fast to jump against PIT's defense at home... regardless how easy it looks to do it.... it's obvious their offense is hurting, but their defense is just fine.

as for the turnovers in their own territory, they can happen, but I would not expect anything more than a field goal if they do... I am accounting for up to two tds total from each so I think the under looks good... Both coaches will be prepared for each other.... I don't think this game will be opened up wide by either team... not many teams can open up a game wide open against PIT's defense at home... not many have done it... PIT knows they will not be scoring much and they also know if they are going to stay in this game or even win it, they need to step it up big time on defense... and they have a defense that can.

Blitz - Good to see you in THE FORUM of NCAAF forums. With you on the Under, and with Fondy on Miami. I just wish I would've got the Phins at +4. GL this week. :shake:

thanks guys...

thing is...

I am not on the spread mainly because it seems everyone is finding it too easy to jump on the Phins just because Berger is out, Ward is iffy, and Bettis is gone..

but the PIT defense is just fine... and at home they can step it up as needed....

Culpepper has not proven he is a stud without Moss or off an injury... Chambers has never put up the big Moss numbers so I can't say he will this year, but even if these two do hookup alot this season, I don't see it happening in this game against this home team.... This defense held its own against Manning, Harrison, Wayne, Stokely, Clark, and Edge last playoffs along with the CIN and SEA offenses.... so what makes Culpepper and Chamber a big deal?..

PIT is extremely tough against the run... so Ronnie Brown may average 3 yards per carry in this game.

This game reminds me alot of last season when the whole world (except me of course.. haha..) was jumping on JAX to easily cover over the Rams just because Bulger, Holt, and Bruce were all out of that game... thing is it was AT Rams and injuries like this make it easy to against a team at home, but the truth is that a home team with a willpower to win can find a way to stay in a game... Defense even stepped it up that game and the Rams won SU... hmm.. go figure.

If PIT was fully healthy offensively, I would think there would be the chance they slack off, but knowing they are handicapped offensively this game, I think they will be fully focused on defense and special teams... it is there only shot here. Both games that Batch started last year they won, but they were against GB and CLE.. crappy pass defenses... and he still played horrible with no tds in either one.. but they won both....

PIT will be up for this one defensively.

good thread, i haven't been able to do much research on nfl/ncaa/mlb, this week. but a lot of good information here made me jump on the under too.

GL Blitz :cheers:

thanks guys...

well... we are just a few hours away from gametime....

whichever way this game plays out, good luck to everyone.

and may all your plays be winners....

together we can screw the books....

Let's Blitz The Fuckers!!!

I saw your plays B. If you like the Ravens and cowboys at +2 why dont u just take the moneyline?

Anyways good luck bud.. i disagree with you on almost all of your plays.
I think the bucs win by 10.

Back