Week 0 What Did We Learn?

Post your thoughts!

Illinois covered as closed to 10-point dogs (per opening)...are they underrated or is Nebraska/Scott Frost really in trouble?

Probably a little of both. Illinois had zero offense that first half. Zilch. I think their oline wore Nebraska down though. Martinez just too inconsistent. He is who he is. He's hit his ceiling as a cfb qb.

Not sure I learned a lot. Obviously Nebraska continues to execute poorly get poor support from their coaching staff and also fall victim to some ongoing string of bad breaks and bad luck.

Even though Illinois O really was not good in the first half, they can build off of this. I'd consider UTSA vs them next week, assuming that number might get bumped a bit now. Illinois on the uptick, but not really good vs like-sized teams but on their way to maybe more of a consistently average team, which for them is an improvement.

Fresno O didn't really look as good as they could've. No points from the offense in the 1st quarter and then cost themselves 10 points potentially in the 2nd H after Haener went out. First game though. Not sure how good their OL is. UConn is dreadful.

Very disappointed with what I saw out of Hawaii. They were man handled in the trenches, which I suppose shouldn't really be a shock, but I didn't think it would be as bad as it was. UCLA exploded in the 1st Q and then really didn't do much the rest of the game. DTR started awful like 4 of 10 or 4 of 12 passing. Were some drops, so not all on him, but their passing O didn't get going until 2nd H. Hawaii continues to look over matched vs teams that are better than them, they aren't able to play up to that competition yet, which I kind of assumed they would be progressing in that direction.

UTEP looks pretty good, not great. Legit 3 deep at RB after Hankins who left with injury, not sure of status. Pretty optimistic they can get over their 3 win total, but will struggle vs the better teams. Lots of penalties on them. Like I think over 100 yards in penalties right now and it's still 3rd Q.

New Mexico State is not good. I would maybe take them vs UConn, so I think NMSt has a little more life than what I saw out of UConn today.

I'm not watching San Jose too closely, but they are dominating. The game at HT should probably be 38-0. Southern Utah got a free first down after San Jose blk'd their FG then ran a trick play for a short TD drive and had a pick-six for their other score. SUU would not be able to actually earn their own points if San Jose wasn't giving them the assists.

Michigan v Ohio for the LLWS 'ship and finally I like Michigan in that matchup

Post your thoughts!

Illinois covered as closed to 10-point dogs (per opening)...are they underrated or is Nebraska/Scott Frost really in trouble?
I think it’s a little of both. Illy D is actually pretty good, or at least their front 7 is. Secondary seemed a little lost. Nebraska is bad. Martinez is not a good QB. Has no feel for the game, questionable decisions, etc.

Back