Week 0 CFB Discussion - Lines UPDATED as of Friday August 23rd

LINKS TO ACCESS THE NUMBERS FROM OUR AFFILIATE BOOKS

With only 2 games and 3 P5 schools involved, feel like these lines are sharp and there isn’t much edge to be had. If I had to pick a play I’d take Miami just for sake of points in rivalry game / defensive minded head coach getting that many points in rivalry game also always good, but even that is a stretch imo.

With only 2 games and 3 P5 schools involved, feel like these lines are sharp and there isn’t much edge to be had. If I had to pick a play I’d take Miami just for sake of points in rivalry game / defensive minded head coach getting that many points in rivalry game also always good, but even that is a stretch imo.
Agree. Any value was sucked out of the total already. No reason to force anything. I'll be looking for halftime options if they are there for my liking.

Hawaii sort of fell apart late last year.

Why should they be able to hang here vs. a re-surging Zona program?

Yep. More of a reason why the fake kickoff Saturday is just more of a waste than anything.

I like Miami this year and a big reason is the hire of Dan Enos as the offensive coordinator. The upgrade to Enos from Richt cannot be overstated. No clue how Manny Diaz will pan out but he has to be an upgrade over Richt as well.

I like Miami this year and a big reason is the hire of Dan Enos as the offensive coordinator. The upgrade to Enos from Richt cannot be overstated. No clue how Manny Diaz will pan out but he has to be an upgrade over Richt as well.
What do you like about Enos? I feel like he’s a mediocre hire

Hawaii sort of fell apart late last year.

Why should they be able to hang here vs. a re-surging Zona program?

one argument is that they fell apart because their QB was in really bad shape healthwise. Now he's healthy and if he plays like he did in the first half of the season, they should be able to score here.

one argument is that they fell apart because their QB was in really bad shape healthwise. Now he's healthy and if he plays like he did in the first half of the season, they should be able to score here.

This is borderline unbelievable, but explains why his play dropped off so much LY

Kid is WAYYY tougher than I ever imagined...

I think people are overrating Florida off their win over a completely disinterested Michigan team in the bowl game.

It's the last impression people have of them. But there is always context and reading between the lines. They beat FSU 41-14, big deal FSU sucked last year...that game was just 13-7 halftime. They beat Michigan 41-15 in the bowl, but as BAR said, bowl games don't paint the truest picture of who a team is (or was), plus Michigan was down a couple key players on D there. Anyway...that game was just 14-10 halftime.

I could maybe see the same thing happening tonight. Miami probably isn't that good really and Florida has some decent potential to maybe, maybe earn a top 10 ranking at season's end even though I do not think they deserve to be there now. So I can see this game tonight being close and then slowly Florida D gets more stops and has a little better success finding scores as the game goes on.

This is borderline unbelievable, but explains why his play dropped off so much LY

Kid is WAYYY tougher than I ever imagined...

Wow I also was not aware. The game after the San Jose game was the mystery scratch vs Wyoming when Cordeiro started, I never knew McDonald had blood draining into his balls and could hardly walk! Explains maybe why he sucked vs UNLV. When Cordeiro brought them back I thought he would be the QB of their future, like tonight. But if McDonald is healthy and has improved this offseason he can do some good things - a bit of a risk taker with the ball. Looking back, McDonald had 24-2 TD-INT ratio vs six bad teams and/or Ds before injury...and 12-8 TD-INT ratio vs some better-to-very-good teams in the final 7. So was it more of the injury or competition faced, or I guess it was both probably.

Back