Wednesday's UMPS and wind speeds....

CollegeKingRex

CTG Regular
I will post umps throughout the thread as I get to the game....

BetCrimes said it best last night. No need to post weather reports in this thread, as MLB.com is as accurate as anyone once it gets closer to game-time with wind speed, direction, temperature, and anything else people input to a computer system that spits out a total for them...

First is Washington. Eric Cooper is behind the plate. He's 18-16 O/U last year, and 49-52 last three years. He's a hothead with a quick temper most known for throwing Wade Boggs out of a game for the first ejection in his 17 year career after Boggs argued a strike call. He also baited Kerry Wood in April 2004 and threw him out of the game as well. Be interesting to see how these young pitchers react to him.

An interesting stat: Florida had him behind the plate twice last year (albeit against Smoltz and Glavine) and lost both starts, while Washington was 3-0 with him behind the plate.

Good stuff K-Macc... I've got sources telling me that wind is more of a cross wind from about 10 feet short of first base blowing across to about 300 feet out in left .... not sure how to draw the arrow to signify that but visualize it starting about 80 percent to first base and going straight left... more of a cross-wind than out, and at 39 degrees, both of these hard-throwers have an advantage on the offenses...

Meriwhether is the ump in that game. Most I know don't consider him a great ump, and he's a little confusing in that he's slow to make his calls after the pitches. He was 10-20 last year O/U but don't be so quick to jump on that, as he's still 44-52 last three years, so that could even out this spring.

His last game of the season in 2006 was also at Detroit, a playoff game in which Bonderman bested Haren, 6-3 (total was 7.5)...

Thanks Rex.....I almost pulled the trigger on the over in this game but I am gonna back off and pick a better spot based on your findings....nothing of real interest to me early even though I think its become to popular to fade the nats so if I can get +150 or better may take a shot

An interesting situational spot arises today in Chicago as Vanover is behind the plate. As my fellow stalkers well know, he should change his name to VanUNDER.

Last year he was 20-14 O/U so in the last three years, it's just 45-49... partially because in 2004 he had 14-13-1...

But in 03, he was 8-22-3, and in 05 he was 11-22-1..... It will be interesting to see in this odd year if he has another spike in UNDERS. He did 2 Cleveland games last year, both oddly involved Westbrook (CLE 1-1, total 1-1)...

More intriguing, he had Garland once last year, and four times in his career, and all have gone UNDER. Also, his last EIGHT White Sox games have all gone under the total. I bit on CWS/UNDER parlay here with the cold weather being to the pitchers' advantage today..

Schreiber going in COlorado today. ONly 14-13 O/U last year but 47-34 last three years. He has a small, moving strike zone. With these two pitchers, have to wonder if this is the day the bats break out at Coors...

His last four Colorado games (two at Coors) dating back to 2005 have gone OVER...

O'Nora is behind the plate in Anaheim today. Most will tell you he's pretty inconsistent. After a 20-13 O/U in 2003, he had two big UNDER years before reverting back to 19-13 last year for a total of 43-50 O/U for the last three years.

His noticeable UNDER trend (6-22 O/U in 04-05) at AL parks was a thing of the past last year, as he was 6-5 in AL games. Still, that's 12-27 and bears watching, at least for a bit.

He's also done SIX straight UNDERS in Angel games dating back to late August of 2004...

Where are you SY??? Our boy Marvin "Ho Ho Ho, Take Your Base" Hudson is appearing at the plate in Philly tonight for the first time this season. Hudson has a small strike zone. Hudson's wife takes care of his eyes, as she runs a small optical shop in Georgia - which might explain for him calling more strikes last year. After just a 12-18 O/U season, he's now 45-50 the last 3 years. Five of his last six in 2006 (all in Sept) were UNDERS....

He's never seen Hamels, but his last two Hudson starts (05, 06) were both Brave wins and OVERS (correlation exists today)...

His last three Brave games and six of his last eight Philly games have gone OVER the total...

Wendelstedt is behind the plate in Cincinnati tonight. He was a fairly reliable UNDER ump until 2004, when he went 20-6-1 O/U.... A 12-18-1 2005 was followed by a 18-13 2006... so he's 51-39 or so (conflicting reports lol) in the last three years to the OVER - interesting to see if he reverts this season. He's a good ump but can be a little confrontational.

I'll be back with the later games this afternoon after the UEFA Games go final (OR MAYBE MIKESY OR SHORT OR ANOTHER STALKER COULD DO THEM, hahaha)....

Back