Wednesday's MLB...

CollegeKingRex

CTG Regular
Sup fellas... Got a few more today after a decent Monday... Didn't like much yesterday. Back to the grindstone. Action starts at 12:05 Eastern and I should have about a 13-hour sweat. Think I'll go home about noon from work and sweat it all from there with a beer in hand. Hell, I deserve it...

Col/Pitt UNDER 8.5 -120. Also going UNDER 8 -105 for half of this bet; just happened to see it at Pinnacle after I had bet it with Spiro. Francis had a rocky go of it last time but he got good run support. Snell also struggled last time but very rarely does he have two bad outings in a row. I expect a bounce-back today and a low-scoring affair on getaway day.

Reds plus 151. Had them last time, as well, as Arroyo has turned things around in his last three starts. Now they get a 10-2 starter against Smoltz, who hasn't been setting the world on fire as of late. In fact, he actually is coming off a mini stint on the DL, as his last go was on July 3. Price is just too high.

Lean to Washington because Bergmann is better than he showed the last time. Expect the plus-money to go away sometime later this morning - wise guys would only be on WASH.

Giants plus 160. Frisco is going to be without Bonds again today and last night was the first time in 26 games (!) I bet on them (eight times against, won seven)... but Cain might be the best 3-10 pitcher in baseball since 2000. Yes, "Z" has been very impressive since the Barrett incident, but no way does he merit laying this price.

Phi/LA OVER 8.5 -120. How can you not go over with these two? The Phillies just pounded out 26 hits last night, one day after LA had 18. It's a day game. Yes, the two pitchers have decent records, but don't be deceived. Billingsley has yet to put together two straight good starts and teams are starting to figure out Kendrick. This one, like the first two, seem too easy.

Stl/Fla OVER 9.5 -120. Hate laying juice on this short price, so I'll likely wait to go over 10 flat or -105... I've been trying to give Wells a chance all season but he's worn out his welcome, lol; the D-Train has really struggled too, not winning since May. Gotta think one of them is going to get beat around, at least... and then the pens gotta get involved. In fact, I just laid over 10 -105 at Pinny...

Ariz/Milwaukee OVER 9 -116. Davis going at Milk for the first time since last year's trade. Cappy has really been getting beaten around lately. He was 5-0 at one point but hasn't won since; and he might have mechanical problems. Each WHIP (1.73 and 1.54) suggests that this game flies over.

Diego -103. Mad Dog as a slight dog here; despite his problems lately, I still look for him to have a better chance to rebound than Maine, who was clobbered around by the Reds last time out. Perhaps a little All-Star stub disappointment? He has gone through cycles of good starts, then bad ones, then good ones... Perhaps he's at the start of another bad cycle? Mets off impressive win over Peavy last night, so could they be satisfied with one win in Diego? Can't bet under because of the recent struggles of both pitchers, but I would never bet over in a Diego night game - not when it's 8 or more.

ChiSox plus 134. This price is just ricidulous. Buehrle has been one of the best pitchers in baseball all season, with a WHIP inside of 1.10; while Westbrook has admittedly struggled most of the season. He's just 1-4 with a 6.08 ERA and a 1.54 WHIP. The White Sox blew yet another lead last night and that's the only reason why I didn't really bet this one heavily; this team has to be on the verge of quitting by now.

Kansas City/OVER parlay - Don't think Perez is any kind of pitcher to contain the Boston offense but Tavarez has been beat around pretty good as of late, also. KC off an easy win last night and I would not be surprised if they put up a similar offensive output tonight.

Toronto plus 165. Marcum one of the more underrated pitchers on the Jay staff. Despite a rough go of it last time, his 1.17 WHIP is actually better then Clemens's. Rocket was also banged around last time. At this price, it's worth a stab.

Anaheim/Tampa OVER 9 -115. Biggest bet of the day. Not sure how they can make it this low. Last night's game had two better pitchers and an under-leaning ump and it still went over... Yes, Colon is 9-1 vs. Tampa in his career but look at his recent form. Meanwhile, Kazmir continues to throw too many pitches... The 1.62 and 1.56 WHIPs are less than impressive. I might lose this one but I'll take my shot at it.

Leaning to Minnesota RL. Not going to lay the ridiculous price against the young kid for Detroit who has pitched well most of the year. But Johan is nearly unbeatable at home in the second half and is 11-3 vs. DET in his career. Nothing yet but if I can get it at plus money or better it will likely be a bet.

GL!

:cheers:

I'm not sure that teams are figuring out Kendrick. His last start was his best, 7 IP 6H 1 ER. He is due for a bad start though. 8.5 runs isn't much with these teams and I agree with the bet.

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">Good shit bro..keep up the good work.

</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

:tiphat:The Big Donkey puts us back in the mix in Hotlanta.......nice work on the two early ones, lets have a day:tiphat:

K-Macc... Hell of a duel down there... A shame neither starter got a decision. Not sure who should be favored now, lol... Red bullpen sucks ass...

Got a win for 3/4ths normal in Pitt but woulda liked to hit the rest at 8 - LaRoche seems to always screw me.

And ChiSox did well by me too...

Thanks fellas, GL the rest of the day...

Over in LA in the books too,niiiiice.......Gosling is awful though lets hope he can hold em off one more time!

by the way great start to the day

Great game in Atlanta. Come on Reds, let's cash it!

They should have send this Gosling dude on the mound in tenth.

Gosling was untouchable by lefties. Wow. 4-1 to start the day early. Some of you probably didn't get the prices I did on the Pittsburgh and Dodger games.

Illustrates the most important point in all of gambling...

ALWAYS GET THE BEST PRICE.

The well-prepared gambler, the one who does his work and has a good idea of which way the line is going to move... will always get the cash in the end.

MOF:

Good looking out. Cabrera is the walking train wreck.

Last time, he faced 15 White Sox hitters in the first two innings. It was a typical statline for him: eight runs on five hits and five walks in six innings. Cabrera's numbers (10 losses, 76 runs allowed, 73 earned runs and 65 walks) all rank at the bottom in the AL.

I like Washburn and Seattle seems to be a good 'bounce-back' team... able to come off a bad loss and get it back the next day. I laid it ML and RL with them...see them winning 7-2 or so... no real opinion on the total...

If you have someone silly enough to let you parlay the totals with run-lines in the same game... then a Seattle RL-to-OVER 8.5 parlay would be a good value play.

GL!

Leaning to Minnesota RL. Not going to lay the ridiculous price against the young kid for Detroit who has pitched well most of the year. But Johan is nearly unbeatable at home in the second half and is 11-3 vs. DET in his career. Nothing yet but if I can get it at plus money or better it will likely be a bet.

Detroit is 2-4 SU & 1-5 on the RL off shutting a team out this season. Their only RL cover was vs a Texas team losing 12 of 15 games at the time, and their only other SU win came vs an Atlanta side losing 9 of 12.

Minnesota is 4-1 on the RL their last 5 games vs Detroit, has conceded more than 3 runs just once in 8 games and with Cleveland losing I think they'll feel good they have a chance to make up for lost ground yesterday (their loss/Tribe comeback win)

<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=1 width="100%" bgColor=black border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="FONT-SIZE: x-small; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #e4e4e4; TEXT-ALIGN: center">Washburn vs Baltimore This Season </TD></TR><TR><TD bgColor=white><TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=1 width="100%" bgColor=black border=0><TBODY><TR style="FONT-SIZE: xx-small; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ecece4; TEXT-ALIGN: center"><TD>DATE</TD><TD>START</TD><TD>L</TD><TD>OPP</TD><TD>LINE</TD><TD colSpan=2>TOTAL</TD><TD>SCORE</TD><TD>WL</TD><TD>TM</TD><TD>ERA</TD><TD>MBA</TD><TD>IP</TD><TD>H</TD><TD>ER</TD><TD>BB</TD><TD>SO</TD><TD>OPP START</TD></TR><TR style="FONT-SIZE: xx-small; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; BACKGROUND-COLOR: white; TEXT-ALIGN: center"><TD>06/06</TD><TD>Y</TD><TD>H</TD><TD align=left>Baltimore</TD><TD>-140</TD><TD>8.5</TD><TD>O</TD><TD>5-9</TD><TD>L</TD><TD>L</TD><TD>9.66</TD><TD>17.38</TD><TD>4 2/3</TD><TD>9</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>6</TD><TD align=left>D Cabrera</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Seattle had won 4 straight heading into the above game

BC: I don't have a problem with OVER. It's Cabrera who I have the problem with. Seattle RL is the only way to go in my mind. Good luck with the total ...

Rex, I'm just not convinced about Seattle's form.

They ploughed out a 14-4 run, and have gone 3-3 (all at home) since. Hardly an unusual pattern since its a given in this sport lulls for teams will inevitably follow decent sized periods of output. All 3 wins were tight (1, 2 & 2 runs) & all 3 losses have been by sizable margins (3, 4 & 5 runs), which just underlines to me they're in a lull (they could easily be 2-4, even 1-5 SU since the break). Baltimore 4-1 last 5 and averaging over 5 runs/game since the break says the hitting is there to repeat what they did to Washburn just over a month ago. With Cabrera going it's a prerequisite any bet on the O's requires the projection of them scoring, but the basis is here to believe in that.

Finally, Cabrera coming of a start in which his ERA surpassed 7.00 this season, has an ERA of 3.59 & WHIP of 1.20 in his next start. His last start ERA was 7.50. In short, even he bounces back off his worst efforts.

Rex, I'm just not convinced about Seattle's form.

They ploughed out a 14-4 run, and have gone 3-3 (all at home) since. Hardly an unusual pattern since its a given in this sport lulls for teams will inevitably follow decent sized periods of output. All 3 wins were tight (1, 2 & 2 runs) & all 3 losses have been by sizable margins (3, 4 & 5 runs), which just underlines to me they're in a lull (they could easily be 2-4, even 1-5 SU since the break). Baltimore 4-1 last 5 and averaging over 5 runs/game since the break says the hitting is there to repeat what they did to Washburn just over a month ago. With Cabrera going it's a prerequisite any bet on the O's requires the projection of them scoring, but the basis is here to believe in that.

Finally, Cabrera coming of a start in which his ERA surpassed 7.00 this season, has an ERA of 3.59 & WHIP of 1.20 in his next start. His last start ERA was 7.50. In short, even he bounces back off his worst efforts.

This is quality:bow:

Sexson will kill the RL tonight, just hit into a DP. This guy needs to sit, I don't care if he makes 8 million per year, he is absolutely killing this team in run production.

Back