Wednesday's menu: Floridian delight. Come on in.

Satyr

Paster of Muppets
Tonight's special: Floridian delight

Heat (+3) (1.95 @ Pinnacle) 6 units

I like how the Heat matches up with the banged up Raptors. Now don't get me wrong, I know Mitchell will be getting his boys ready for this one, probably shifting Anthony Parker to SF and giving Juan Dixon more playing time on guard position, since their top two Europeans (Garbajosa and Bargnani) are both out.
The Raptors are missing their two crucial men, who usually provide depth and versatility, Bosh is slightly bruised, Dixon has neck problems, more than enough for this young team to mail another game in tonight. Garbajosa's numbers might not be stellar but he was huge for the team in the defensive part, also used in various formations up front.

The Heat are experienced, focused, and determined to turn their little slump around. They're getting Jason Kapono back next week and should manage without him until then. Toronto weren't in the best period before losing Garbajosa, let alone now with him missing, despite some depth they will have problems facing the reigning NBA champions tonight.
This is a very important match for both teams, both are striving to keep division leads, which means better playoff position and home court advantage.
I put Miami on hold completely recently, waiting for their poor streak to finish and waiting for the spot to pound them. This is the spot. I'm taking the points just to make sure, since lately whatever I pick seems to go down the wire.

Magic (-2.5) (1.95 @ Pinnacle) 5 units

Orlando were getting minus points in MSG and they're getting the same number in Boston. I know, the Knicks are severely injury riddled but the fact is: these are the Celtics we're talking about. They can show up and beat a team one night, and not show up at all the next one. Orlando are an auto road fade?
How about the Celtics 10-25 home record?
Don't get me wrong, I really don't rate the Magic high, but I expect them to step up in order to reach post season.
They've beaten New Jersey and New York in last two games, meaning two teams in playoff contention, while the Celtics have this season circled as "over" for a while now.
This by no means indicates that the Celtics will roll over tonight (or any night) but playing on a team that seems to be stepping up big despite lacking talent a bit, has to mean something. The Magic have a lot to play for tonight, and I like the fact the Celts have beaten the Raptors (another playoff team) last time out, meaning they're getting some respect here.

Not from me. The Magic are, oddly enough, healthy, while the Celts are down a few men (mostly long term absentees) and it's always a gamble to determine whether such team (dead last in the standings, missing men, etc) shows up or not.
I'm taking my chances here.

Also throwing a unit on the double as well.

leans: NJ -6, Denver-Seattle over 208, Cavs -3,5.

Good luck guys. :cheers:

LOL I read on another board BetAndWin has Dallas +14.5 instead of minus. :an_roll_laugh:

Too bad they're cheap bastards with incredibly low limits, once you take ANY money from them.

I would sell my kidney and my house and put everything on it :D

Why do you lean Nets? Seems like a huge number they are laying to a primary rival. Everybody on the boards seems to like Nets for some reason.

Well I figured the Pacers were to step up at home of all places, on the road they're sucky sucky ten dollars. NJ aren't brilliant, but Indiana are a mess right now, after that Bulls game it's all downhill from there, wouldn't be surprised if they lost 5 in a row now.

Jermaine bruised again.

Not seeing much value with Orlando. Boston still playing with triple revenge. Boston still 6-4 last 10 at home. Orlando still 3-7 last 10 away and 4 and 16 last 20 away. Win at Knicks a little tainted with the bogus call at the end. Truth is with Rivers as coach the game seems to be a pass as without him it would be a play on Boston. GL

Angle I noticed with the Nets. They have lost 1 or more games and then win one. Next game they are 11-4 su. Might play them but so far have only played Bobcats. GL

Yeah the Cats should be a good matchup for the Hawks but I expect Emeka to have some rust to shake off plus they have several players questionable, and I don't like laying points in a game involving two non playoff contending teams, at this point of the season that is.

GL.

I did, for 2 units. :)

Btw, how stupid does this title look now, when Orlando were -10 at half and Miami are getting their asses handed to them :D.

:an_roll_laugh:

Looks like I'm slowly entering the twilight zone of picks :D. Should rest for a while.

shitty picks :D I need a break, I can feel downhill time coming up, and it's no wonder, after making a huge run in the last month or so, it comes a time when one's perception has to be flawed. That's why I hit 56% on the long run and not 76% :D.

Anyways guys, I will only post a play if I REALLY REALLY like it in the next few days/weeks(depends), but other than that, I'm officially on a break. Don't know how much it will last, a few days, a few weeks, hard to say. But unless I want to squander all these piled up units I better sit back and see how the action unfolds. I'll still drop by every day and post. ;)

:cheers:

ATL Hawks,

Thanks buddy, I mean I have to pull the handbrake once I go 0-3 in two days, down 18 units (Ottawa yesterday), and almost no chance for any of the plays to cash in (well Magic had some chance but they were down 10 at half, and not covering most of the game).

:shake: [governor]I'll be back[/governor] ;)

Back