WednesDayBases

bloodhound

Sniffing out wins
Good Day All. Missed posting on Tues but I like some games today

early games
973 Chicago White Sox* +135 vs San Francisco Giants x2 ...wrong team favored here imo. Both team are cold but WS have Quintana starting @ 1.73 ERA last nine starts, and 2.81 ERA last five team starts during August. Giants Peavy is 0-12 last twelve overall team starts, and 1-8 day team starts this season, 0-3, 5.30 in three with the Giants. With Peavy just 4-9 in his last thirteen team starts during August.

961 Minnesota Twins* +108 vs Houston Astros x half
961 Minnesota Twins/Houston Astros* Over 7 -160 x half ... the #s call for just the opposite of my plays here but my feelings like Minni and Over ..both small plays

980 Los Angeles Angels* -1 -156 vs Philadelphia Phillies x3 ... I will admit I sometimes wait on a big # like this thinking/hoping it will come down but I think this # continues to rise due to this huge SP mismatch. Weaver has hit a rough spot the past three going 1-1 with a 6.35 ERA but remains a solid 12-7 on the year with a 3.68 ERA. Despite the recent setbacks, Halos have won eight of Weaver's last ten starts, nine of his last twelve at Angel Stadium. Philadelphia has A.J. Burnett starting and over his last three, the righty is 0-3 with a whopping 9.23 ERA bringing the season mark to 6-12 with a 4.29 ERA. Phillies have dropped eight of Burnett's last nine starts. For those that cant get a -1. I think a -1.5 or even a -2.5 may be good here as LAA have another big game against the Phillies

970 Seattle Mariners* -1 -120 vs Toronto Blue Jays x1
969 Toronto Blue Jays/Seattle Mariners* Under 7½ -155 x 1...Mariners is everyone 'darling' at present as they continue their run towards a wild card bid. I have always had trouble playing a big # with them and I really dont like them much over a one run victory tonite but I will takes a chance that they will give Iwakuma who is 10-6 with a 2.86 ERA., enough run support to win for us.

965 Tampa Bay Rays* -138 vs Texas Rangers x1
965 Tampa Bay Rays/Texas Rangers* Under 9½ -150 x1... I will continue to fade Tex and go with the hot DevilRays whos have won 4 of 6 playing decent ball in the 2nd half and have won three of last four Archer starts (2-1, 4.07). Under is 6-1-1 in Tampa Bay's last eight games

gsro, Thank U my son Glad U like Minni BOL on them all

adding
951 Colorado Rockies* +163 vs San Diego Padre x half
951 Colorado Rockies/San Diego Padres* Over 6 -155 x1.... just a small play on what I perceive as to much ''value'' to pass up...if Wire is reading this I am sure he is cussing me as he believes value is no reason to play a team if they cant win, and I agree with his reasoning, but I have a feeling here the Rockies are going to score some runs and stay in this game.

975 Pittsburgh Pirates* -105 vs Detroit Tigers x 1
975 Pittsburgh Pirates/Detroit Tigers* Over 7½ -165 x half ...I missed a little 'value' here as Pirates opened @ +100 but I see Tigers going with Buck Farmer. Farmer has made two starts above the Single-A level. He will make his first start in the majors Wednesday night for the Detroit Tigers. Farmer, 23, was 10-5 with a 2.60 ERA in 18 starts this season for Single-A West Michigan, then went 1-0 with a 3.00 ERA in two starts for Double-A Erie. Detroit is in a slump and the Tigers are 1-6 in their last 7 games after losing the first 2 games of a series. Worley goes for the Pirates, at 5-1 with a 2.30 ERA. The Pirates are 4-0 in Worley's last four starts, plus 5-1 against a team with a winning record

975 Pittsburgh Pirates* -105 vs Detroit Tigers x 1
975 Pittsburgh Pirates/Detroit Tigers* Over 7½ -165 x half ...I missed a little 'value' here as Pirates opened @ +100 but I see Tigers going with Buck Farmer. Farmer has made two starts above the Single-A level. He will make his first start in the majors Wednesday night for the Detroit Tigers. Farmer, 23, was 10-5 with a 2.60 ERA in 18 starts this season for Single-A West Michigan, then went 1-0 with a 3.00 ERA in two starts for Double-A Erie. Detroit is in a slump and the Tigers are 1-6 in their last 7 games after losing the first 2 games of a series. Worley goes for the Pirates, at 5-1 with a 2.30 ERA. The Pirates are 4-0 in Worley's last four starts, plus 5-1 against a team with a winning record
lean bucs as well

Not really understanding the Padre over so will look again.
Agree Tampa have bet
Agree Seattle team plays next at Detroit facing a seriously upset strong team and does not want Iwakuma to lose twice to Toronto
Lean Pitt first half
big disagreement in Padre game
Honest opinion on Braves game?

Thanks guys... I certainly didnt expect the dman WS to give up seven runs in one dam inning oh well
GL my friends

Not really understanding the Padre over so will look again.
Agree Tampa have bet
Agree Seattle team plays next at Detroit facing a seriously upset strong team and does not want Iwakuma to lose twice to Toronto
Lean Pitt first half
big disagreement in Padre game
Honest opinion on Braves game?

this was a feel play tuck, SD is scoring runs and Col has the ability to score even with their injuries GL

tuck, honest opinion on Braves...No frigging batting!! Ryu has a 4-0 mark in his last 5 games with the Dodgers winning all 5 games. Ryu has allowed just 7 ERs in his last 33 innings of work. That being said, I have a dollar play on the Braves because Atlanta enters on a 5-0 run when Santana starts @ home. Santana has pitched well at home this season and will face a Dodger lineup that's scored just 48 runs in their last 14 games. No denying the Braves have been slumping, but the Braves are 8-2 in Santana's 10 home starts this season. He's been especially stingy against Gonzalez, Kemp, and Uribe, holding them to 4 hits in 36 combined at-bats. Nothing wrong with Ryu, he's just in the wrong place at the wrong time in this one and he has been touched for a hefty 1.53 WHIP in three starts against Atlanta. Worth a play imo
GL

Cash, U know mew, I just hat to lose GL buddy

adding
955 St. Louis Cardinals* +105 vs Miami Marlins x half

957 Washington Nationals* -114 vs New York Mets x 1

967 Oakland Athletics* -110 vs Kansas City Royals x1 I dont like Kazmir, I dont trust Kazmir but for a mush as I dont like him, I dont like Vargas two fold

967 Oakland Athletics/Kansas City Royals* Over 6 -190 x1 Over is 4-0-1 in Kazmir's last five road starts and if Kaz isnt on then KC will take it over

Thanks hugh any thoughts on Edmonton/Ottawa??

GL
Lord knows we can't stop anyone on defense, so the Edmonton team total (which I presume will be 29) should be a safe bet. As for the spread, that depends on Henry Burris - if he keeps playing the way he has, this one could get ugly in a hurry...

Fri CFL
123 Edmonton Eskimos*
-7-108 vs Ottawa Redblacks x2
123 Edmonton Eskimos/Ottawa Redblacks* Under 51.5 -110 x1
123 Edmonton Eskimos* TT Over 29 -110 vs Ottawa Redblacks x1

Thanks hugh GL pard

Thursday Nite NFL
402 Chicago Bears* -3 -130 vs Jacksonville Jaguars x1
401 Jacksonville Jaguars/Chicago Bears* Over 41-120 x1

Back