Wednesday"What the hell is gwarner doing in South Africa" discussion thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Gyno
  • Start date Start date
Without any study the answer would seem to be Washington. Since tomorrow is WEDNESDAY

Diamondbacks hitting .316 (#1) and Nationals hitting .302(#4) on Wednesdays this season

Arizona has scored 39 runs in 6 Wednesday games (#1) and Washington has scored 37 runs in 5 Wednesday games. (#2)

day game in zona with the roof open and wind blowing out...

only thing is both SP are pretty solid

Last edited:
played quite a bit today:

phils ml, mets ml, washington over 8.5, kc ml, Mil ml

Have to keep riding the DBacks over train. I also took the Oakland under in the other afternoon tilt.

Covers says Arizona is 4-11 under on Wednesday
Hellickson 3.44 ERA with Drake 18.1 innings
Gio 0 ERA 6.2 innings
I may just not be seeing it but I do not see a record of him pitching at this park
Gio on 4 days so far 11 innings 8.18 ERA
Last year 3-7 on 4 days rest with an ERA of 3.42 won on all other days rests even with higher ERA
Regarding Wednesdays 4-1 this season 36-18 last 3 years
After allowing 10 or more runs 1-0 this season 9-3 last 3 years.
If Gio has not pitched at this park that is a BIG negative and the 4 days record is scary.

Last edited:
oberholtzer as a semi big fav vs SF is a joke. Take Timmy all day there

Santiago at -173? Please. Lyles is capable and the Angels arent setting the world on fire.

like the M's at -122...admittedly i have a chubby for Tijuan Walker and think hes about to turn it around big time

also, one would think parlaying all mid level favorites with GSW moneyline would be a good way to reduce some juice

oberholtzer as a semi big fav vs SF is a joke. Take Timmy all day there

Santiago at -173? Please. Lyles is capable and the Angels arent setting the world on fire.

like the M's at -122...admittedly i have a chubby for Tijuan Walker and think hes about to turn it around big time

Perhaps you might give supporting evidence for these statements

Perhaps you might give supporting evidence for these statements

you sound like my professor, you want me to cite sources using MLA format?

the only supporting evidence is that i read baseball america religiously and know these players better than most ML managers, ive known most of them since they were in class A. Obie is a junkballer who may be a ML caliber reliever but not a starter, so to have him as a favorite vs last years WS champs is ridiculous. Think the books are overadjusting the lines after the Sros crushed them in the first month and a half

Santiago should be a favorite here but now almost 2 to 1, i would say the value is in Colorado.

Tijuan has been a beast almost his whole career and is considered a top prospect, he just hasnt put it together at the ML level yet and dealt with injuries. I do believe in his talent though, and think he is on the cusp of a breakout, and in a good spot to shut down SD's bats tonight

Hudson in 2015 is 3-3.
At night he is 0-2 with a 5.23 ERA based on 20.2 innings
He does seem to have done well with the ump
5-0 2.48 ERA
But he is 40 years old and I tend to fade or ignore pitchers at that age

you sound like my professor, you want me to cite sources using MLA format?

the only supporting evidence is that i read baseball america religiously and know these players better than most ML managers, ive known most of them since they were in class A. Obie is a junkballer who may be a ML caliber reliever but not a starter, so to have him as a favorite vs last years WS champs is ridiculous. Think the books are overadjusting the lines after the Sros crushed them in the first month and a half

Santiago should be a favorite here but now almost 2 to 1, i would say the value is in Colorado.

Tijuan has been a beast almost his whole career and is considered a top prospect, he just hasnt put it together at the ML level yet and dealt with injuries. I do believe in his talent though, and think he is on the cusp of a breakout, and in a good spot to shut down SD's bats tonight
interesting, looks like you have a future in scouting

i dont like old pitchers either, but timmy was never a power arm, and those guys age better than the guys who throw 98 and are clueless once they lose 3mph on their fastball Timmy is also the kind of pitcher also seem to do well against lineups like the Astros; young and full of power but still learning plate discipline. he should be able to keep them off balance and limit the amount of good swings.

Either way, I think at very worst he is 50/50 to win the game, and the line gives value based on that projection. GL if you play it, if not, no biggie, just a play I like.

interesting, looks like you have a future in scouting

in high school i was so into that. knew HS top 100 and College top 100 every year (i woulda bet money then that xavier nady would end up being a hall of famer haha). majored in sports management and lookedinto scouting. traveling non stop, getting paid peanuts for a team that could drop you any second of any day, no thanks. in theory it would be awesome, but after looking into it i realized its an awful underappreciated profession unless you end up like Keith Law

in high school i was so into that. knew HS top 100 and College top 100 every year (i woulda bet money then that xavier nady would end up being a hall of famer haha). majored in sports management and lookedinto scouting. traveling non stop, getting paid peanuts for a team that could drop you any second of any day, no thanks. in theory it would be awesome, but after looking into it i realized its an awful underappreciated profession unless you end up like Keith Law
was being a little sarcastic cause I don't agree with the original bold statement...
interesting that you went to sports management for uni, what do you do now then?

Wow dwoww a sports guru.
Quite a little arrogant kid. Why don't u get yourself a spot on Phillies insiders with those clowns on Comcast?

Tim Hudson has given up more runs than any other Giants' starter this season. In his career as a National League starter in American League ballparks his team is 4-14 SU.
Astros -132

Rockies are 0-5 SU L5 versus LHP and they own a .262 wOBA with 37 percent strikeout rate v LHP on the road.
Angels -170

Taijuan Walker lined < 0 is 4-4 SU (0-3 SU home). He is pitching out of his normal rotation today and the Mariners are 0-4 in his L4 starts on four days rest.
Padres 115

really surprised the total is down to 7 in cle. lackey away from busch not the same guy and hasnt had great splits vs lefties. cards pen has started to show some of the signs i been expecting as they not nearly as talented as their collective era. tribe pen nothing special. even if both starters are good (which i find hard to believe) they will have to work and we should get 3 innings of suspect pens.

then that brings us to kluber, ive read a heard quite a bit about him lately as while im sure everyone expected some regression, certainly not to this point, and with no real evidence he a different pitcher. it seems what has happened is guys are jumping all over his 1st pitch and early in the count in general, and it working as the league is crushing him in those spots as they realize after he gets ahead he gets you to expand and make weaker contact. assuming he knows this and has to try and adjust this isnt exactly a ideal lineup to do so against as cards plate discipline is very good, if he starts them off the plate and gets behind he in trouble, if he continues throwing these 1st pitch strikes guys are ripping watch out cause there several cards that been far more aggressive this season and are jumping all over early count fastballs.

i expect kluber to get this figured out, it just his turn to adjust, it may be a lot to ask against stl. lets say he pitches well, i still dont think he can do better than 7ip 3er. i have both pitchers ceilings in that range here so worst case i see 3-3 with a few innings of pens. over 7 for me..

woot! that might have been the last open roof/day game in zona.... possibly one more on may 24th? Or does it not get very hot until mid june?

Back