Wednesday Pucks

Santacapper

Pretty much a regular
Anaheim did their part, San Jose not so much. Score made it alot closer than it really was, but getting the NYR total made it OK. 1-1 on the night, onto Wednesdays full slate of games.

Sides 22-26 -3.33 unit
Totals 50-43-10 +7.96 unit
YTD 72-69-10 + 4.62 unit

Buffalo / Toronto over 6.5

When one team is capable of scoring at any given moment its always a good thing with an over. Toronto scores 3.3 a night, Buffalo at 4.3. Toronto has been playing defense lately as their last 5 numbers would indicate, but keeping NJ, Boston, MTL and NYI down is nothing to write home to mom about when going into Buffalo to play a team who is scoring nearly 5 a night at home. Leafs scoring almost 4 a night on the road adds to this, not to mention both allowing about 3.3 a night in H/A splits. Both PP units are clicking at over 25% lately, PK units at about 85% and holding steady for the year. Both teams get and allow over 30 shots a night. Over 7-3 in Buffalo, 4-3 on the Leafs road games.

Columbus / St Louis under 6

This total is too high for teams who are struggle to score 2 goals a night, let alone teams with 3 a night. Last game I dont think was a fair indication, all the scoring came in 1 period when Legace becamse a sieve, but he did play well in the first and was the victim of some bad bounces before getting pulled. St Louis score 1.67 on the road this season, struggles to put the puck on net all around. Both PP units are below 5% in their last 5 games... yeah not a typo, below 5%. Even if their PK's are below average you gotta have some set to get the PK goals. Rick Nash's status will shake up some lines and the BJ's.

Boston / Pittsburgh under 6.5 +104

Personally, there are times when I love 'perception'. What I mean by that is the perception that Pitt has this offensively rich lineup that can score at will. "They have Malkin and Crosby", thats good for 4 a night. Well, by my count, Pitt scores 3.3 a night, but at home 2.7 a night, just 3 in their last 5, they dont even get over 25 shots a night. Now we have Boston coming into the Igloo or whatever its called now a team who scores 2.7 a night, 2.14 on the road, 2.6 in their last 5, and allowing 2.2 a night. Thats a whole lot of 2's above for a total of 6.5 at plus money, even with the defensive woes of Boston. By all accounts they have been taking care of their own end of late by imporiving their PK unit. Throw in Crosby and his wonky groin and I like it.

That's all for now.

GL everyone:cheers:

With you on Pitt under. Just avoiding Columbus and Legace. Actually on Toronto under. Could easily be wrong twice on this game as I have Toronto in regulation as well. Thing that interested me is looking at last 10 for Toronto 6 times the opponent scored no pp goals 3 times 1 and 1 time 2. Buffalo losses recently have all been when they were unable to score on the powerplay. GL

Tuck - glad you like the Pitt under too. Hear your thoughts on Legace, and rest assured Id much rather it be with Sanford in but in the last game they played he did well until the second when one bad bounce seemed to rattle him. Leafs PK units is 67% in their last 2 road games, which is where those 1 and 2 come from. Think Buffalo can score on anybody which is why I went over. Being a Leaf guy I can certainly see value in the Leafs too. I dont know why, but Philly keeps coming back to my head and Nashville as a dog too. GL toniht

Apologize for posting these late... got caught up in alot of stuff.

Adding

Philadelphia +182
Montreal -137
Nashville +123

Ret - yeah I did hear that, but once I post the plays I put the bet in. I will say this though, when I saw Finley play vs the Leafs after Thomas got pulled I was impressed and he could be #1, should Thomas go back to playing poor. GL

tuck - game is being called real tight, dont know if you are watching or not, but pretty much the entire first was on a power play, 2 separate 2 man advantages for the Leafs, with 1 for Buffalo too. none were the goalies fault. gl

Boston / Pittsburgh under 6.5 +104

Personally, there are times when I love 'perception'. What I mean by that is the perception that Pitt has this offensively rich lineup that can score at will. "They have Malkin and Crosby", thats good for 4 a night. Well, by my count, Pitt scores 3.3 a night, but at home 2.7 a night, just 3 in their last 5, they dont even get over 25 shots a night. Now we have Boston coming into the Igloo or whatever its called now a team who scores 2.7 a night, 2.14 on the road, 2.6 in their last 5, and allowing 2.2 a night. Thats a whole lot of 2's above for a total of 6.5 at plus money, even with the defensive woes of Boston. By all accounts they have been taking care of their own end of late by imporiving their PK unit. Throw in Crosby and his wonky groin and I like it.

Love the analysis. I needed a pic,as usual, to complete my parleys but after reading the above I wanted to committ more. Anyway I have parleyed all my Thanksgiving pics with this under which is in the second period as I write. Before I forget thanks for that Rangers "under" the other night. They won 4-0 which for me is the best of both worlds. G L on all the pics!
Have a great holiday :drink: :smiley_acbe:

unreal... two unders ruined with late goals to tie it at 3...

on to tomorrows card...

Jasper - happy thanksgiving, had mine a month ago, all the best man

Back