Wednesday Plays

Gorgolon Lives

The Reverend of CTG
We have entered the period of the NBA which I like to call the "dead" period. It's extremely hard to cap games during this time of the season. It's the middle of the year, players are hurting, players are fatigued. And now that we add the fact that the West is so tight, and the East is so mediocre, it's even tougher to cap around this period. This is the time I like to play on home dogs, namely unpopular home dogs. You'll notice a lot more home dog plays from me up until the final 3 weeks of the season.

Philadelphia Sixers +2 (4 Units)

The spot doesn't get much better for a live home dog tonight. The Magic are off a b2b, having won and covered 3 straight. Philadelphia has had 4 days rest, and are coming off a hard-fought OT win in Miami. These 2 teams met twice this season. The first meeting in Philly could have went either way, but the Magic took it by 2. The second meeting in Orlando was a poor performance for Philly. It was a game they talked about even a few days after. Well, they have had some down time these past days off to think about that loss even more. I expect Philly to come out energized, and Orlando to have some tired legs. Once again, the key is Sammy D. He will play tonight, and if he can stay out of foul trouble, he should be able to battle/cancel out Howard on the glass. Miller has a huge edge and the PG position, and no one on Orlando is quick enough for AI. I expect Philly to come out strong and build a lead. Orlando's dead legs won't be enough to make a comeback, and Philly will take this one.

Detroit Pistons +1 (1 Unit)

Everything favors the Pistons here. Utah is off a b2b road loss in Minny. They come back home tonight for this one, then head across country into New Orleans. They have dropped 2 of 3 SU, and lost all 3 ATS. Both losses came to bad clubs, and the win was a close one against Atlanta. Detroit is in the middle of a west coast road trip. They have won their first 2 games on the trip against very good teams. After tonight, they are @ the Clips for the final game of the trip, so they are smelling 4-0 on this trip if they can win tonight. Their D has been stellar in the last 2 against some of the best offensive teams in the league. Look for that D to carry over tonight. Let's also not forget Utah beat Detroit in Detroit back in November.

GL :cheers:

hmm read that Sammy D has sat out practice for 2 days straight and is doubtful for tonight. If he doesn't play then it will be both Booth and Evans who get the job on Howard. Enough for me to pass in that case.

purple drank. i was on orlando last night against lowly nets. b2b in philly i love it. fade the magic.

<TABLE class=s_playerNewsTable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 <tr><TBODY><TR><TD class=s_playerNewsTitle style="BACKGROUND: #fa002e"><TABLE class=s_playerNewsTitle cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD align=left width=33>
PHI.gif
</TD><TD align=left> 76ers Dalembert expected to play on Wednesday</TD><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 10px" align=right></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TD style="BACKGROUND: #fa002e" width=14>
right_corner_player_news.gif
</TD><TD width=6>
pixel.gif
</TD></TR><TR><TD>
pixel.gif
</TD><TD class=s_playerNewsLeftBorder>
pixel.gif
</TD><TD class=s_playerNewsText>
NBA_Dalembert_small.jpg

Samuel Dalembert is expected to play on Wednesday despite missing two straight practices with left ankle and quadriceps injuries.
"I will come early [Wednesday] for the shoot-around and see how it goes," Dalembert said. An MRI on his quad revealed only a "mild" strain, but he diagnosed himself as feeling 70% healthy. If you have safe alternatives, use them, though it sounds like Sammy avoided any serious injury. Feb. 27 - 11:44 am et
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Back