Wednesday playoff discussion

2daBank

Voice of Reason
I don’t have anything bet yet, just starting to look but wanted to get thread up.

My 1st thought days ago when I heard elder be pitching game 3 is that Phillies would smash him as this offense is pretty lethal at home and he isn’t all that special. I havnt actually looked closely yet and gotta say how stupid is Mlb? Why are we starting the best series by a mile at 4 o’clock? Or I guess 5 their time but still, that annoys me, will we have a shadow issue? If so I’d think not for to long as sun should be setting within a hour or so of 1st pitch. Not sure what I think of Nola vs Braves who I think got their mojo going end of last game? Have to dig in, he def got the benefit of a very big strike zone vs a pretty crappy marlins lineup! If he not getting those calls Braves will do some damage id think.

1st thought when I heard Lynn was starting game 3 for dodgers was “damn they have no pitching left!”, and “snakes are gonna smash this dude”.. maybe I should pump brakes a little, I’ll at least do some capping 1st but it gonna be hard to resist some kinda overs in both Philly and zona!!

I think twins have the clear pitching edge but how long it been since Ryan pitched now? Will that hurt him? I actually think time off prob be helpful to Urquidy but honestly no clue what we get from him,, I don’t think he has the stuff Javier has to get twins expanding out the zone so much? But if they not a bit more patient and do swing at his pitches they could get bounced. If they make him come into the zone they should be able to do some damage but I just don’t trust twins. I have a future on them I never loved, just thought they had easy path in then hope for the best, the only reason they finally won a game and series cause they got a great draw against a shitty jays team w awful manager!! Stros to good for them I think, that said Stros damn sure don’t want to go back home and have to face Lopez again.

I’ll start capping this shit but let the discussion begin!

I have a real hard time not just playing snakes and chasing, I’ll lose my ass if dodgers actually wake up and win 3 straight but plus money? And the next 2 will be against Kelly and Gallen, they not winning this series I don’t think.

So elder actually pitched a 7 inning 3 hit shutout in Philly this year, but when they faced him in atl he got blasted for 4 runs and ran from game in 4th inning. I don’t think at Philly in June is anything like at Philly now, 1st off Phillies tend to just tread water till 2nd half, secondly Phillies at home in playoffs a whole different animal! If this dude shuts them down for 5 innings I’d be shocked! He been quite awful the last month plus of the season, he been his worst on 6 days rest but he ain’t pitched since the 28th of sept so whether that good or bad for him I have no clue? Phillies team total ov 4.5 at even money seems like a damn good play.

Very small sample elder has mostly got outs or walked the Philly big bats, I tend to think that kind of sample will even out and they hit him, I can’t see Harper, Turner, schwarber, ending up 0 fer 8-9-10+ vs this dude! Castillonos has taken him yard 2x in just 5 AB’s. I dunno, lot of Braves have hit nola over the years. Maybe just playing the over 9 better? Who our ump for this one @KJ or anyone else?

These fuckers seriously have nola at 14.5 outs! I’ve went back last 2 years and like 8 starts vs the Braves and he has went 6+ innings in every one of them! Crazy

9 starts for nola if you throw in the 6 innings he went in playoffs vs Braves last year! How do we not take him to go 5 innings?

Very small sample elder has mostly got outs or walked the Philly big bats, I tend to think that kind of sample will even out and they hit him, I can’t see Harper, Turner, schwarber, ending up 0 fer 8-9-10+ vs this dude! Castillonos has taken him yard 2x in just 5 AB’s. I dunno, lot of Braves have hit nola over the years. Maybe just playing the over 9 better? Who our ump for this one @KJ or anyone else?
Ump should be Carlson assuming they keep the order in place

Ryan hasn’t pitched in forever and he has not had any success against houston! Hou Ff tt is 1.5 and 3.5 for game? I don’t think I can pass those up. Ryan a solid pitcher but Stros are hitting, 2 runs? Alvarez can get that the way he going! I also want some of bregman and alverez ov 1.5 h/r/rbi

Man, I dunno if I’m crazy but I’m very tempted by this freaking 11.5 out total for Lynn. I know what I been saying but dude has been pretty decent, his career in zona been mostly solid starts which important to me as I think some guys struggle to pitch in the dry air. 4 innings? I’m not saying he will be great but he will have to get tattooed to not go 4! I don’t see a Kershaw meltdown at all, they have snakes team total of 4.5 at plus money so they don’t expect he gets smashed, I know it be all hands on deck but I’m pretty sure they hoping like hell lynn can go at least 4, long as he keeping them in the game I think he gets there.

Think I like that Braves/Phils over - pissed it doesn't start earlier though - or at least one of the games. MLB Scheduling remains the worst.

Thought they had a day scheduled then moved them all after texas ended their series. I don’t like the start time, just seems like a odd one but whatever, when does Mlb ever get anything right? Philly/Braves should be prime time if ya ask me. I dunno I can pass up Nola at 14.5, his history vs atl says he going 6 innings.

Thought they had a day scheduled then moved them all after texas ended their series. I don’t like the start time, just seems like a odd one but whatever, when does Mlb ever get anything right? Philly/Braves should be prime time if ya ask me. I dunno I can pass up Nola at 14.5, his history vs atl says he going 6 innings.
It's all Fox and TBS, each is guaranteed a prime time spot and since TBS has two games they had to schedule them at 5 and 9:30 eastern. Fox was guaranteed the 3pm and 7 pm slots, AL team gets swept, they automatically get the 7pm slot. Tough to blame baseball when the stations pay the piper to televise these things. Twins/Astros would have probably been the early game had the O's won last night

so I ended up playing pretty much everything I talked bout

Philly tt ov 4.5
Nola ov 14.5 out -160
Hou Ff tt ov 1.5
Alvarez ov 1.5 h/r/rbi
Bregman ov 1.5 h/r/rbi
Carroll ov 1.5 h/r/rbi
Lynn ov 11.5 outs

Would you hit Nola live same number?

Back