Wednesday Picks

divol

The Spurs can suck my manhood
Spurs -3.5 – 10 units stake
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p> </o:p>
It’s still early in the morning (not too early, but after spending the night watching NBA games it’s still morning to me), but I believe this is the time to make this bet with maximum stakes.
Spurs are 0 – 3 so far and they are coming to <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:State><st1:place>Minnesota</st1:place></st1:State> to final get that first W under their belt. <st1:State><st1:place>Minnesota</st1:place></st1:State> so far was a land of opportunity. <st1:City><st1:place>Dallas</st1:place></st1:City> got their first W there, <st1:State><st1:place>Oklahoma</st1:place></st1:State> were hosting the Wolves when they got their first W and now it is San Antonio’s time.
Players wise, Spurs got the better roster of course, even without Ginobili. Oberto is finally back and the rookie Hill. I know that doesn’t sound like much, but Hill was good against the Mavs and Oberto is a starting Center after all and against the big guys of <st1:State><st1:place>Minnesota</st1:place></st1:State> it’s important to have him back.
And of course, Spurs still have Parker and Duncan and a squad of veteran players, Finley and Bowen. This maybe not the great SA, but it still should be enough against a lottery time like <st1:State><st1:place>Minnesota</st1:place></st1:State>, that I personally actually like and think that they aren’t that bad.
Wolves got solid frontline with Love and <st1:place>Jefferson</st1:place> and with Miller’s addition they got half decent backcourt even.
But still, this is the worst opening for the Spurs the last 35 years. This is a proud organization with talented bunch of players that knows this is unacceptable and can’t go on. One major problem for the Wolves is Parker. Tony is maybe the only bright spot in the three losses so far by the Spurs with good displays. Foye or Telfair can’t stop him as easy as that. <st1:place>Jefferson</st1:place> and Love are good players, but even added together they don’t have the experience of the Big Fundamental or his basketball IQ (I hate the Spurs, but that is the smartest team that played basketball the last decade in this league).
I’m having trouble seeing Wolves with 2 – 2 record and Spurs 0 – 4 after tonight’s game, don’t you?

I will check the rest of the card in the evening, hoping to find one or two more bets to take.

Best of luck everybody!!!

Another bet that I like today and will write some thoughts later on, is Over 201 points between Pacers and the Suns - 5 or 6 units stakes (haven't made up my mind yet.
Would like to read your opinions about this bet.

One more play that I like, Over 193 (probably sell half point for better odds and make it 193.5) in Staples Center for 4 or 5 units stake.
Final picks and thoughts later on tonight, but for now, what are your thoughts?

The total in both games I mentioned risen since I noticed it, but still, it got good value I believe.
Over 202 points between Pacers and the Suns - 8 units stake

I took the Over on Pacers – Celtics game and lost, but I was pretty happy with the fact that I got the match figured out and the fact is that bookies gave such low total because they didn’t think that Pacers will score more than 09 points and Pacers answered them with 95 points scored. I don’t think anyone thought that Celtics will end up scoring only 79 points and that what lost the bet.
Tonight we got a great chance to get even with the bookies. Suns aren’t the type of team to stop Pacers from reaching the 100 points mark, but also the kind of team that will score 100+ points herself.
Two teams with Nash and Ford as their PG are playing and we get such a low total? I don’t see any reason for that. Suns come from 200 points game against the poor Nets, after 203 points against <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City><st1:place>Portland</st1:place></st1:City> and NO, their game against Spurs totaled 201 points as well. Why against the Pacers it will change all of a sudden? Pacers got the offense and the lack of defense that has Over written all over it.
Won’t take two maximum stakes bets in one night, but still, a very good bet.

Soon, the thoughts on second Over.

Over 193 points in Staples Center - 7 units stake

Again, I believe that bookies made a mistake here. 196 points. That is what was scored in the first meeting between the clubs this season. Can anyone offer me a reason for the Total to go lower?
Lakers came B2B after a game against <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City><st1:place>Portland</st1:place></st1:City>, Clippers came without Camby and despite the fact that he is a good defense player, the guy comes from Nuggets, runs and high scores aren’t exactly uncharted territory for him. The last two games the score was low for the Clippers, but <st1:City><st1:place>Davis</st1:place></st1:City> didn’t play in one game and came of a bench the second game. Camby played only one game of the bench as well. I believe that tonight they will both start.
Another difference is the crowd expectations. The first game was Clippers home games, that means that season holders for the Clips were there and more Clippers fans. Tonight it will be the Lakers crowd and they like mainly one thing, Show. They want to see high scored, many baskets and some nice basketball moves.
Lakers should go Over 110 points, Clips should score above 90 points, easy Over this should be without a doubt.

Best of luck everybody!!!

Thanks Mario and SF Capper. Many units on play tonight, hoping for good results...

I Love the 10Units play !

Over 202 Pacers /Suns looking good so far !

Thanks,

:cheers:

After much trading, got Spurs with 15 units ML at evens odds. Just win the damn game already!

I Love the 10Units play !

Over 202 Pacers /Suns looking good so far !

Thanks,

:cheers:

Well, I hate the 10 units play!!!
I can't even see the f*****g game so I sit like some idiot and check every second on sportsline and ESPN sites and with 2 OT it got a bit too nervous for my taste. I like my 10 units plays relaxed and easy, not that kind, brrrr...
Still, Over in Indiana came easy, this play came through and now Over in Staples Center for a perfect night and with big units it's twice the pleasure.

P-E-R-F-E-C-T N-I-G-H-T !!!

Two of them were as hard as they can, but luck was on my side and what a luck it is.
20 seconds left, I took Over 191.5 (with 190 points scored) for 10 extra units and that was the dumbest move I made this month so far, with a whole minute of heart beating so fast with Farmar on the FT line, but as I said, luck was on my side tonight!

Last edited:
Back