Wednesday picks (+writeups)

Satyr

Paster of Muppets
Writeups coming up later :D. And picks :D.

Only leans so far. Got this one open early as I really want to hear your opinion on this.

Isn't the total of 194.5 in Orlando vs Utah a bit too high? And by a bit I mean a lot. :eek:

Other leans so far:
Utah -3
Charlotte
Toronto - NYK over 199.

GL tonight boys and girls. Hopefully we won't get moosed as we did with Utah and NOK last night :D.

I'm off to bed now, finally, that nice combo I posted in my yesterday's thread cashed in after all. :cheers: (the 2nd one)

Anyways, I really like the Jazz and the under here, (at first glance), Utah should respond big after such idiotic loss, and the Magic are, apart from Howard, just not good enough to hang with the team of such depth.

Thinking something like 91-78 Jazz.

----------------------------------------------------------------
NBA 2006/2007: 59 W-1 V-49 L +44.17 units
----------------------------------------------------------------

Utah shat the bed last night, let's hope for better outcome this time.

Utah were authors of a world class choke last night, missing 11 out of last 14 shots says it all really. But that's all that was: a choke. They're not on some downtrend or anything, they were playing very intense D and clicked well in the offensive part throughout the game, all up until that tragic 4th quarter.
I believe the Jazz keep playing their game tonight, they should overcome the Magic as they just got more to offer than the slumping Orlando. I won't go into matchup details, Howard and Milicic have been playing well but they're too thin in the inside, plus their D has been close to non existent lately, and remember the Jazz can play at faster pace as well, while I don't really see what the Magic have to do to have a respectable game. Their 2-8 record in last 10, when it's high time to start winning games as the playoffs are nearing, says it all really.
I don't care about Orlando h2h domination here, all I care is I'm backing the better team playing to wash out the bitter taste of last night's loss against an underperforming team that has very little to offer right now.

Jazz (-4) (2.03 @ Pinnacle) 6 units.

Now tell me one thing, how on Earth did the Cavs blow out the Kings last night without LeBron, only to see them a 1.5 favs tonight in Memphis?
Cavs are far from a road chalk to back (14-17 away record), but they're flying high right now on a 6 game winning streak, and the way they picked up the tempo last night against the Kings is just excellent. They shot 54% from the field, with Pavlovic, Hughes, Newble and others doing the job in the scoring department, they played fast paced basketball which I sincerely think would be fatal for the Grizzlies as well.
Memphis are 2-8 in their last 10 games, 11-21 at home, their scoring has been erratic, their defense quite poor, and laying 1.5 point here is surely enticing if you ask me.
With LeBron in the lineup I'd estimate this one as -4,5 Cavs, and since the guys showed they can score without him, (even though I wouldn't bet on them doing the job against better teams, Memphis don't fall nowhere near that category), we have Cavs at -1.5 with LeBron traveling with the team and being a gametime decision. The line already reflects him missing from the lineup, it would be better if he played but even without him they have more than enough to overcome the Grizzlies.

Cavs (-1,5) (1.98 @ Pinnacle) 7 units

Game rhythm should be rather high here, the Cavs without LeBron scored 124 last night, we don't even need them to reach that number here (even though I wouldn't exclude that possibility), setting the line at 200.5 is a bit surprising, Memphis have had erratic offensive production lately (exactly, erratic, not consistently bad), and I don't think missing LeBron would be an issue here when the total is concerned, as Memphis can't contain Cavs' interior and Cleveland perimeter shooters are in solid form, as seen last night.

OVER 200.5 (1.94 @Pinnacle) 5 units

That's it for now, looking at the Bobcats but they're not a team to trust, nor are the Kings.
Also checking out the Bulls.

Good luck guys. :cheers: :shake:

Yup, both Utah and Cleveland look like your classic sucker plays. Especially Cleveland since this will be 4 games in 5 nights and possibly no LeBron. Utah got beat by Orlando earlier this season so the Magic have already proven they can beat this team. Howard will be a mismatch for the Jazz to deal with. I would bet either of these favorites with your money.

No opinion on the over.

Good luck with what ever you do.

Handy!!

haha Satyr you heard that your a sucker

i bought Utah -2.5 early so i can middle BABY

Thanks you Mr Handy, life sure is dandy when you know a capper named Handy!

Guess if Magic beat Utah that means they win tonight almost automatically. :confused:

as I said, betting is like eating candy, when you know Handy!

Handy!

Handy! I really mean no harm, I read your previews when you post them, hopefully you'll keep up the good work, with your 0-0-0 +/-0 record that is, these are some impressive digits you'd agree.

Cheers buddy, enjoy the night. :shake:

adding some props (won't count it in my record, only games there):

I think I'm 3-1 in posted props this season.

Wager Type: Proposition/Future

Selection 1 : NBA Propositions
Chicago Bulls vs Philadelphia 76ers 03/14
Player Props
Total rebounds by Ben Wallace
211) Over 11 rebounds 1.877
Risking 100.00 to Win 87.70 EUR

Wager Type: Proposition/Future

Selection 1 : NBA Propositions
Atlanta Hawks vs Boston Celtics 03/14
Player Props
Total rebounds by Zaza Pachulia

113) Over 7.5 rebounds 2.180

Risking 135.00 to Win 159.30 EUR

Good Luck Satyr, I like Utah too tonight but after last night I have to lay off. I am sticking with Dallas and some NIT plays

Mostly because both teams have shown they can go on scoring runs and end their games well into the 100s. Orlando aren't much of a defensive team and Utah can shift their rhythm so scoring runs could destroy the bet.

Another reason: Utah played Miami last night in quite an ugly, defensive encounter, first they were the ones limiting the hosts, doing the job in the D, then Miami did the same in the 4th, plus Utah missed a lot of shots then.

Somehow not comfortable thinking that will happen 2 nights in a row.

:shake: GL

Yep I ended up playing it for 1 unit only, pulled the trigger on it yesterday without much thinking, as soon as the line was out.

Recap so far:

Utah: LOSS (obviously :D)
Cleveland over: In need of 41 points in the 4th.
Cleveland -1,5: In need of not witnessing a world miracle in the 4th.
Props: 1-1 Zaza did the job, Benjaminius stayed at 10, damn :D.

Solid night after all.

Lost with Utah and Ben Wallace, nailed Zaza over 7.5, Cle-1,5, Cle over, took Dallas -4 2nd Half (looking good) tailed BAR with the Pistons (looking solid), cashed with the double Bobcats+Penguins and yeh I forgot, took Utah under 194 for a unit, lost that same unit with the over in Toronto :D.

So a good night it is, no matter what happens in Dallas and Portland.

:cheers:

This DAL-PHX game is surreal!!! wow, first Phoenix opens on a strong note, then Dallas makes a 72-44 difference through 2 quarters, then Phoenix wins 4th by 15 and musters an OT after trailing I don't know any more, by 5 or 6 with less than a minute to go.

Then Phoenix take control, but Terry makes two plays (a 2 and a trey) and ties it again!

120-120, 2nd OT.

SURREAL.

Back