Wednesday Pick

catfood

Flying Frenchman
Atlanta gave Philly a scare last night, but Philly sucks and the Hurricanes have Washington still hanging in there. The trade with Ottawa has really worked out for them.

Carolina Hurricanes -0.5 2.040 :cheers:

Thanks SC, I know what you mean. I love nailing those big underdogs. Im still looking at it. I wonder if Detroit has eased up but maybe theyll want to kill the Jackets off...

Santacapper its Wednesday. There are 6 other days to bet against Detroit at home. They were 19-1 at home on Wednesday when this season started. They have won 9 in a row at home on Wednesday this season and they are still 19-1 last 20. We are talking about a winning percentage for at least 3 years of around 95%.

Ive tried going against that bizarre stat a couple of times before and it didnt work out for me :hang:, so no Columbus today.

Santacapper its Wednesday. There are 6 other days to bet against Detroit at home. They were 19-1 at home on Wednesday when this season started. They have won 9 in a row at home on Wednesday this season and they are still 19-1 last 20. We are talking about a winning percentage for at least 3 years of around 95%.

I don't think a serious capper should take this strongly. I know this has been strong for Detroit, but I mean, you could've expected that something THIS strange would occur considering how much they're winning. Most stats with Detroit Red Wings are crazy. This is just THE craziest one. And even though I could see them winning tonight, even destroying Columbus, I would never estimate this as a 1.30-3.80 game.

It's safe to say the bookies have overreacted at this point. The Wings do not care simply to say enough to warrant such odds. The Jackets have no playoff hopes but they broke franchise record in points, they have a new captain and are winners of two straight, including Detroit. Also, they've beaten Detroit 3 straight times. I know the Wings do not forget this, but with Hasek fresh off the injury, the fact that they're still down a few men, lacking that offensive chemistry they've boasted throughout the season, I think CLB warrants a small play.

If I would quit this play it better be something valid, not this Wednesday trend.

Btw,

* Red Wings are 47-6-1 in their last 54 Wednesday games.
* Red Wings are 75-18-5 in their last 98 home games vs. a team with a road winning % of less than .400.
* Red Wings are 205-75-16 in their last 296 home games.
* Red Wings are 44-17-1 in their last 62 games playing on 2 days rest.
* Red Wings are 5-2 in their last 7 overall.
* Red Wings are 90-42-3 in their last 135 vs. Central.
* Red Wings are 113-55-8 in their last 176 vs. a team with a losing record.
* Red Wings are 5-11 in their last 16 vs. Western Conference.

Insane I know. But I'm ready to stand in front of it with a low stake play.

Cat, I love Carolina and Minnesota, my thoughts exactly. Still trying to figure out how I'm going to play the Canes. Not sure about Buffalo though.

:shake:

Detroit at home on Sunday 12-8 this season 2-1
Monday 15-4-1 somewhat scary This season 2-1
Tuesday 11-8-1 this season 3-1
Thursday 11-9 3-3 this season not scary at all
Friday 12-8 4-3 this season not very scary
Saturday 12-8 2-2 this season not scary at all.
Wednesday--We know they have won 28-1 of their last 29 home games and I have bet all 9 this season for varying amounts. Today I may well lay 1.5 since Columbus at Detroit on Wednesday has lost 5-0, 5-1 and 4-1. A simple soul (ME) sees 28-1 and says I like that.
Agree Buffalo is the one pick above that I need to think about. Both teams away and home 3-7 last 10 but Buffalo does usually win by 2 so the plus money may make it a good gamble. Just have to think about it.

Detroit is in a bit of a winning spot scheduling-wise, plus if I were them, Id want to kill off that team's hopes, if any.

Washington plays at Chicago, if my memory serves me well, Washington and Pittsburgh are the only two eastern conf. teams that have winning records this year versus the western conference.

Because of Tuck's wednesday stat, and looking at my trends in my sheets and see Detroit in a bit of a winning spot and because the price is now at even money. Thats it I got 4 plays, thats all for today.

Detroit Red Wings -1.5 2.000 :cheers:

Off to a great start Cat, nice work on those puck lines. Buffalo pulled a rabbit out of the hat or something out of their ass that last period to bring home the bucks.

Detroit just scored 2 goals with less than 2 minutes left. If they can just hold on a minute the PL hits. NIce job Cat!!

10 in a row for the amazing coincidence this season. Its actually hard to find a worse spot with all those injuries and it still cashed. Very glad you cashed with me CatFood. After a while you start to think you are just talking to yourself about this freak.

Last edited:
I always love your insight Tuck, just wish you would post more often. You find some of the most obscure, yet relevant stats out there. This hockey board has been a nice source of winners all year.

I got to admit, I got lucky. I went to bed thinking both Buffalo and Detroit were losers. Nice way to wake up though. 3-1 (+2.77)

Back