Wednesday NBA Discussion

BetCrimes1984

CTG Big Brother
<TABLE cellSpacing=1 width=540 bgColor=#cccccc><TBODY><TR><TD class=dataheader width=540 colSpan=10>NBA
Wednesday, February 11th</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datasubheaderleft2 width=35>Time</TD><TD class=datasubheader width=40>Gm #</TD><TD class=datasubheader width=120>Team</TD><TD class=datasubheader width=75>Score</TD><TD class=datasubheader width=60>Opener</TD><TD class=datasubheader width=60>Hilton</TD><TD class=datasubheader width=60>5Dimes</TD><TD class=datasubheader width=60>ABC Island</TD></TR><TR class=scores-whitebg><TD class=scores-whitebg-left>02/11
4:05p</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg>501
502</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-team> MEMPHIS
PHILADELPHIA</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-team><TABLE padding-left="5"><TBODY><TR><TD class=scores-whitebg-team-bb>
</TD><TD> </TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-team-bb>
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-right>188
</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-right>
</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-right>188
11½ </TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-right>188
12 </TD></TR><TR class=scores-greybg><TD class=scores-greybg-left>02/11
4:05p</TD><TD class=scores-greybg>503
504</TD><TD class=scores-greybg-team> DENVER
ORLANDO</TD><TD class=scores-greybg-team><TABLE padding-left="5"><TBODY><TR><TD class=scores-greybg-team-bb>
</TD><TD> </TD><TD class=scores-greybg-team-bb>
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD class=scores-greybg-right>210
</TD><TD class=scores-greybg-right>
</TD><TD class=scores-greybg-right>209½
8½ </TD><TD class=scores-greybg-right>
</TD></TR><TR class=scores-whitebg><TD class=scores-whitebg-left>02/11
4:05p</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg>505
506</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-team> WASHINGTON
CHARLOTTE</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-team><TABLE padding-left="5"><TBODY><TR><TD class=scores-whitebg-team-bb>
</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-right>187½
8 </TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-right>187½
8 </TD></TR><TR class=scores-greybg><TD class=scores-greybg-left>02/11
4:05p</TD><TD class=scores-greybg>507
508</TD><TD class=scores-greybg-team> PHOENIX
CLEVELAND</TD><TD class=scores-greybg-team><TABLE padding-left="5"><TBODY><TR><TD class=scores-greybg-team-bb>
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD class=scores-greybg-right>204
</TD><TD class=scores-greybg-right>204½
7½ </TD><TD class=scores-greybg-right>204½
7½ </TD></TR><TR class=scores-whitebg><TD class=scores-whitebg-left>02/11
4:05p</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg>509
510</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-team> SAN ANTONIO
TORONTO</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-team><TABLE padding-left="5"><TBODY><TR><TD class=scores-whitebg-team-bb>
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-right>
</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-right>6½
190 </TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-right>6½
190 </TD></TR><TR class=scores-greybg><TD class=scores-greybg-left>02/11
4:35p</TD><TD class=scores-greybg>511
512</TD><TD class=scores-greybg-team> ATLANTA
DETROIT</TD><TD class=scores-greybg-team><TABLE padding-left="5"><TBODY><TR><TD class=scores-greybg-team-bb>
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD class=scores-greybg-right>
5:05p</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg>513
514</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-team> INDIANA
MILWAUKEE</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-team><TABLE padding-left="5"><TBODY><TR><TD class=scores-whitebg-team-bb>
</TD></TR><TR class=scores-greybg><TD class=scores-greybg-left>02/11
5:05p</TD><TD class=scores-greybg>515
516</TD><TD class=scores-greybg-team> BOSTON
NEW ORLEANS</TD><TD class=scores-greybg-team><TABLE padding-left="5"><TBODY><TR><TD class=scores-greybg-team-bb>
5:35p</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg>517
518</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-team> SACRAMENTO
HOUSTON</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-team><TABLE padding-left="5"><TBODY><TR><TD class=scores-whitebg-team-bb>
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-right>213
13½
</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-right>213
13½ </TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-right>
6:05p</TD><TD class=scores-greybg>519
520</TD><TD class=scores-greybg-team> LA LAKERS
UTAH</TD><TD class=scores-greybg-team><TABLE padding-left="5"><TBODY><TR><TD class=scores-greybg-team-bb>
</TD><TD class=scores-greybg-right>2½
216½ </TD><TD class=scores-greybg-right>
7:05p</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg>521
522</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-team> OKLAHOMA CITY
PORTLAND</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-team><TABLE padding-left="5"><TBODY><TR><TD class=scores-whitebg-team-bb>
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-right>202
11½
7:35p</TD><TD class=scores-greybg>523
524</TD><TD class=scores-greybg-team> NEW YORK
LA CLIPPERS</TD><TD class=scores-greybg-team><TABLE padding-left="5"><TBODY><TR><TD class=scores-greybg-team-bb>
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD class=scores-greybg-right>218
</TD><TD class=scores-greybg-right>219
3 </TD><TD class=scores-greybg-right>
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Sac has now given up 129, 118, 109, 119, 117, 113, 106, 110, 118, 129, 133, 139, 111, 116 and 118 points in their last 15 games. Taking the over and the opposite team has been a money maker. Both Dallas and the over hit today. I didn't play either due to the loss of Jason Terry (kicking myself). These Kings just don't give a shit about defense. Part of it is their style of play, the other is no commitment.

I think Houston absolutely destroys the Kings tomorrow. The Rockets are rested and the Kings coming off of a back to back. I wouldn't take the over though because these Kings seem to just give up in the 2H.

So far behind on Wednesday's card. I can never seem to get a handle on two big cards in a row. I sure hope you guys have something good that I can jump on board with.

COG I am going to call you BETCRIMES JR. you have to post that every day and now follow those stats for the next 8 years okay?

So far behind on Wednesday's card. I can never seem to get a handle on two big cards in a row. I sure hope you guys have something good that I can jump on board with.

Raps line looks soft BOSH is out, I cant see Spurs not pulling away late and winning this match--

Unless the big 3 sits, Raps dont beat good teams at home, so now its all about the cover, they have no one to stop Manu, parker or Duncan--

boston may get a look also depending on the line, they will rebound and hornets have no paul and chandler likely--

- Over has hit in 7 straight games for NYK. The game following their last meeting w/GS (263 pts), they totaled 201 pts w/a 212.0 total line.

- They are 13-7 to Under their last 20 road games, 7-4 to Under on the road vs the West this season.

-They are 3-1 to Under when breaking a 3+ game losing streak this season - anyone not giving them a shot at beating LAC?

-In NYK's 8 sets of B2B games this season, they've produced at least 1 Under result in every set. This 9th set of course started off with an Over tonight.

- The Clippers are 16-6 to Over their last 22 games, but are 6-2 to Under at home vs the East this season (O/U 9-9 at home vs the West).

- Clippers are 7-6 to Under their last 13 home games, vs 11-2 to Over their last 13 road games. Venue consideration is key for appraising the ease with which these chumps may deliver an Over result.

- The Clipps have had this extensive pre-ASB road trip in place for a few seasons now, their return home game off it prior to the ASB the last 3 seasons having totaled 180 pts (Under/ATS loss), 189 pts (Over by 3 pts/ATS loss) & 178 pts (Under/ATS loss). The 2 seasons before those with such trips never had a home game before the ASB.

These 2 teams are 5-1 to Under last 6 meetings, highest game total of 197.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

without having looked too much into the games, looks like a chalky day

top tier plays: Utah, Milwaukee, maybe Blazers
2nd tier: Denver, Philly, Houston
other leans: Cavs, Clippers

All the above were home teams except Denver as I just think that line is ridiculous. Orlando beat Denver at Denver. Still hard for me to say Orlando is even better than Denver without Jameer, so getting 8.5 with a team that I think is better is nice

Bad schedule spot of course for LA. Utahs 1st time as a home dog this season? Lakers winning yesterday really helps. still likely playoff revenge and utah off a blowout off

Throwaway game for Indiana. Just beat the Cavs and play the lowly Bucks who are actually playing really really well

Revenge game for Portland with OKC on b2b from LA

Philly's last game of a homestand and should be motivated to finish off right for the standings. Memphis has won 4/5 tho and playing a bit better altho at home vs hobbled teams

Houston off a loss is usually good for a blowout esp against these kings on a b2b who should be looking to vacation

Clips finally home and healthy. NY has just not been able to get Ws. either they try real hard for a winnable game, or just tank the game and look for vacation- tired from running with GS. From looking at this NY team, I'd bet the latter

Cleveland back at home off 2 losses and looking to avoid losing the 3rd.

Not sure I can back Utah here...Utah has not been playing that well lately. Something like 6-8 in the last 14 games (3-2 in last 5 home games). No AK, no Boozer, a few guys questionable tomorrow night. Besides Dallas, they haven't beat that great of a team in awhile. They have won against the easier competition and lost to the above average teams. Yes situation is a play for Utah, but might be safe to just not play it. Lakers have been on a roll, I played OKC tonight as I really liked the line, but just don't like this one.

ok put another way, when was the last time ANYONE was favored by 3 or more in Utah?

so far this year I think SA was the only team favored (-1) at Utah this year and SA won by 6. Utah was favored by 3 against Cleveland and lost by 5 recently also.

^serious question. Would love to see how far back this goes. Sometimes you have to bet with your mind and not eyes. This Laker team is not above situations and they can lose in bad spots. They may look good- winning huge games for them at boston and cleveland, but keep in mind those were big games for them. Games they had something to prove as the underdog. Opposite here, Utah has a hatred for the Lakers and a b2b from LA to SLC is really a bitch. 3 hour flight plus lose an hr from time change only to play in altitude. Utah off a blowout to a team they own likely because they were looking past them to today. I believe Utah is 14-1 or something at home to western opponents this yr. The line is not off. Earlier this yr LA was -10 at home to Utah with Bynum and AK. Last yr in the playoffs, Utah was -5 at home to this same LA team who was playing even better than they are now. This is a HUGE game for Utah, while it is only a bitch of a game for LA

Have bet Denver plus 8.5 and the Bobcats minus 8. Chancey is an All Star and everyone else on the Denver team has a long time to kill if they do not show up tomorrow. Orlando has lost 4 of their last 9 games and 2 of them were at home. Their recent wins not very impressive except for Cleveland. Denver has beaten Dallas and Boston this year. I think they are live tomorrow. I think they remember another game this year very well. How does the saying go As you sow so shall you reap. Basketball players understand this saying.
Bobcats when they win have been spectacular.
Beat the last spread with the Clippers by 18. Beat the spread by 18 with the Lakers. By 26 with the Suns. By 5 with Memphis. 7.5 with Portland. By 9 with Detroit. Washington is 2-16 on the road after a loss and they are much worse ats after large losses. Bobcats had covered 7 of 8 games ats and then they lost Wallace on the road while beating the Lakers. They failed to cover 4 in a row. Now they have covered the last 2 games before the break and I believe they are live for the 8th spot in the Eastern playoffs. I think with all the care and attention MR.Jordan and Mr. Brown are giving them they can handle this game. GL

No matter how bad scheduling spot this is for Lakers, I'm afraid to bet Utah. Just too big quality difference between them right now.

Be careful with Utah. This sort of reminds me of when the Lakers played at Nawlins a while back and Nawlins was a trendy pick. LA was on a B2B that game too if memory serves me correct, and everyone got burned when LA blew their doors off. Sharpshooter and Gridiron are right, the quality difference between these two teams is enormous. I actually think Lakers deserve another point or two on the spread here. Utah at this line is quite bold IMO.

Utah moneyline: i love it. Over the last 3 seasons, if 2 good teams (60 % and more win rate) meet and the home team is getting points, home dog covers at a 59,3 % ATS clip!!
plus, LAL fit BC system of long road trips (game 2). Kobe has the flu, bynum is not here, utah still has deron and mehmet was 37-4 at home last season and is 20-6 this season. they have also revenge on their mind vs the lakers.

Be careful with Utah. This sort of reminds me of when the Lakers played at Nawlins a while back and Nawlins was a trendy pick. LA was on a B2B that game too if memory serves me correct, and everyone got burned when LA blew their doors off. Sharpshooter and Gridiron are right, the quality difference between these two teams is enormous. I actually think Lakers deserve another point or two on the spread here. Utah at this line is quite bold IMO.

I'm sure the line will move in Utah's favor as the majority will take LA at a very short price. Just my $0.02. :shake:

The odds on Cleveland have been oddly gorgeous all season. There's still quite a bit of resistance to the idea that they're gonna topple Boston.

but just that both are plus money. we know it'll be them two in the EC finals so getting +115 and +205 is interesting me. porbably wait tto confirm jameer gets surgery, but something like

Boston (+115)- .93 for 1.07
Cleveland (+205)- .66 for 1.35

Its essentially risking 1.59 to win .42 that one of those teams win the east

<TABLE cellSpacing=1 width=540 bgColor=#cccccc><TBODY><TR><TD class=dataheader width=540 colSpan=10>NBA
Wednesday, February 11th
</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datasubheaderleft2 width=35>Time</TD><TD class=datasubheader width=40>Gm #</TD><TD class=datasubheader width=120>Team</TD><TD class=datasubheader width=75>Score</TD><TD class=datasubheader width=60>Opener</TD><TD class=datasubheader width=60>Hilton</TD><TD class=datasubheader width=60>5Dimes</TD><TD class=datasubheader width=60>ABC Island</TD></TR><TR class=scores-whitebg><TD class=scores-whitebg-left>02/11
4:05p
</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg>501
</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-team>MEMPHIS
PHILADELPHIA
</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-team><TABLE padding-left="5"><TBODY><TR><TD class=scores-whitebg-team-bb>

</TD><TD></TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-team-bb>

11½
</TD><TD class=scores-greybg>503
</TD><TD class=scores-greybg-team>DENVER
ORLANDO
</TD><TD class=scores-greybg-team><TABLE padding-left="5"><TBODY><TR><TD class=scores-greybg-team-bb>

</TD><TD></TD><TD class=scores-greybg-team-bb>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD class=scores-greybg-right>210

</TD><TD class=scores-greybg-right>209½

</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg>505
</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-team>WASHINGTON
CHARLOTTE
</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-team><TABLE padding-left="5"><TBODY><TR><TD class=scores-whitebg-team-bb>

</TD><TD class=scores-greybg>507
</TD><TD class=scores-greybg-team>PHOENIX
CLEVELAND
</TD><TD class=scores-greybg-team><TABLE padding-left="5"><TBODY><TR><TD class=scores-greybg-team-bb>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD class=scores-greybg-right>204

</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg>509
</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-team>SAN ANTONIO
TORONTO

4:35p
</TD><TD class=scores-greybg>511
</TD><TD class=scores-greybg-team>ATLANTA
DETROIT

5:05p
</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg>513
</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-team>INDIANA
MILWAUKEE

5:05p
</TD><TD class=scores-greybg>515
</TD><TD class=scores-greybg-team>BOSTON
NEW ORLEANS

5:35p
</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg>517
</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-team>SACRAMENTO
HOUSTON

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-right>213
13½

</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-right>213
13½

6:05p
</TD><TD class=scores-greybg>519
</TD><TD class=scores-greybg-team>LA LAKERS
UTAH

</TD><TD class=scores-greybg-right>2½
216½

7:05p
</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg>521
</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-team>OKLAHOMA CITY
PORTLAND

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-right>202
11½

7:35p
</TD><TD class=scores-greybg>523
</TD><TD class=scores-greybg-team>NEW YORK
LA CLIPPERS

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD class=scores-greybg-right>218

</TD><TD class=scores-greybg-right>219

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Updated Lines

<TABLE border=0 cellPadding=6 align=center><TBODY><TR bgColor=#eff3fc><TD class=events vAlign=top colSpan=2 noWrap>Feb 11
7:05 pm
matchup
preview</TD><TD class=event vAlign=top noWrap align=right>+11
-11</TD><TD class=event vAlign=top noWrap align=left>MEMPHIS
PHILADELPHIA
OU 189.5</TD></TR><TR class=body2><TD class=events vAlign=top colSpan=2 noWrap>Feb 11
matchup
preview</TD><TD class=event vAlign=top noWrap align=right>+7.5
-7.5</TD><TD class=event vAlign=top noWrap align=left>DENVER +280
ORLANDO -340
OU 209.5</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#eff3fc><TD class=events vAlign=top colSpan=2 noWrap>Feb 11
matchup
preview</TD><TD class=event vAlign=top noWrap align=right>+8
-8</TD><TD class=event vAlign=top noWrap align=left>WASHINGTON +320
CHARLOTTE -400
OU 188</TD></TR><TR class=body2><TD class=events vAlign=top colSpan=2 noWrap>Feb 11
matchup
preview</TD><TD class=event vAlign=top noWrap align=right>+7
-7</TD><TD class=event vAlign=top noWrap align=left>PHOENIX +260
CLEVELAND -320
OU 204</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#eff3fc><TD class=events vAlign=top colSpan=2 noWrap>Feb 11
matchup
preview</TD><TD class=event vAlign=top noWrap align=right>-6
+6</TD><TD class=event vAlign=top noWrap align=left>SAN ANTONIO -260
TORONTO +220
OU 189.5</TD></TR><TR class=body2><TD class=events vAlign=top colSpan=2 noWrap>Feb 11
8:35 pm
matchup
preview</TD><TD class=event vAlign=top noWrap align=right>+12.5
-12.5</TD><TD class=event vAlign=top noWrap align=left>SACRAMENTO
HOUSTON
OU 213</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#eff3fc><TD class=events vAlign=top colSpan=2 noWrap>Feb 11
9:05 pm
matchup
preview</TD><TD class=event vAlign=top noWrap align=right>-2
+2</TD><TD class=event vAlign=top noWrap align=left>LA LAKERS -125
UTAH +105
OU 215.5</TD></TR><TR class=body2><TD class=events vAlign=top colSpan=2 noWrap>Feb 11
10:05 pm
matchup
preview</TD><TD class=event vAlign=top noWrap align=right>+12
-12</TD><TD class=event vAlign=top noWrap align=left>OKLAHOMA CITY
PORTLAND
OU 201</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#eff3fc><TD class=events vAlign=top colSpan=2 noWrap>Feb 11
10:35 pm
matchup
preview</TD><TD class=event vAlign=top noWrap align=right>+4.5
-4.5</TD><TD class=event vAlign=top noWrap align=left>NEW YORK +165
LA CLIPPERS -185
OU 218</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

and bookmaker is being a pussy and not giving me a bucket with Utah. every other book in sbrlines.com has 2, but bookmaker is scared

but just that both are plus money. we know it'll be them two in the EC finals so getting +115 and +205 is interesting me. porbably wait tto confirm jameer gets surgery, but something like

Boston (+115)- .93 for 1.07
Cleveland (+205)- .66 for 1.35

Its essentially risking 1.59 to win .42 that one of those teams win the east

Yup, the only reason it's possible is bc there's a third team in the conference that's 38-12.

Nash gets sick a lot. Back when he was playing with Marion, Diaw, and Bell he was much healthier. Have said the team is a fade and have bet against today. Could lose but a good defensive team vs the Suns--. Plus clear revenge.

<table style="border-left: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204); padding: 3px; font-size: 8pt;" bgcolor="#eeeeee" border="0" cellpadding="0"><tbody><tr><td style="border-left: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204); padding: 3px; font-size: 8pt;">Steve Nash </td> <td style="border-left: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204); padding: 3px; font-size: 8pt;"> G </td> <td style="border-left: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204); padding: 3px; font-size: 8pt;"> Shoulder </td> <td style="border-left: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204); padding: 3px; font-size: 8pt;"> Doubtful </td> <td style="border-left: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204); padding: 3px; font-size: 8pt;"> downgraded to doubtful Wednesday (2/11) vs Cleveland. </td></tr></tbody></table>

Yahoo shows Nash in. Have middled my bet plus 9.5 and minus 7.5 and played Suns plus 5.5 first half. Barbossa has been giving asts and the team is very rested. No one played long minutes last game.

just a post in here also about this...

HOUSTON -- Rockets guard Tracy McGrady could miss the remainder of the season, according to sources close to Local 2 sports. An MRI revealed missing cartilage in his left knee, which may require microfracture surgery to repair.

The possibility remains, however, that McGrady will try to finish the season. Dr. James Andrews, generally regarded as the premier orthopaedic surgeon in the country for this type of injury, will review the MRI before a final decision is made. Andrews advised those close to McGrady, that a microfracture surgery should only be used in a career saving situation.

McGrady and the Rockets will discuss options in a meeting at Toyota Center prior to tonight's game against Sacramento. At this point, the Rockets have no comment on the situation. <!--stopindex-->

Copyright 2009 by Click2Houston.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Only played Utah PK so far for a max play . Utah has 2 days off where LAL played an Eastern swing then came back for the token game vs OKC and now head out to Utah . Game should have opened a PK IMO to begin with ....mix in last year's playoffs, etc, etc...

Looking at a teaser : Philly ,Houston , Portland as 3 interest me ATS ....and might be chalk plays...

Looking at Suns 1st Half and 1st Quarter plus CLE 2nd Half (or 3rd and 4th Q plays) ,Raps +7 , Under Charlotte , Under Memphis TT maybe game under as well but Philly TT over , Orl , ATL 1st Q or Half but DET ful game / 2nd H , Under @ Milw ....:cheers:

i am fucking pist off that this pho/cle game is soaring over the total. suns are running like their team of old. WTF!!

Orlando w/29 pts at halftime against Denver's defense:36_11_6:me thinks somebody thought the ASB started yesterday since they had no game then

knicks down to 8 healthy bodies, tim thomas will not return. malik rose and anthony roberson will be getting significant minutes.

will definitely be waiting for clips 2h line...

I'm with you.

Going to come out of my mini retirement for a 2h play on Clipps if they are less than game line final score.

Back